newbie- hi all

hackneybird

Hiya everyone,
I need to lose 7stone 7lbs as I am killing myself . I've been a yo-yo dieter and comfort eater my whole life, and at 17st 7lbs at 34 years old and 5ft 2in , a mother of two lovely girls and a sufferer of high blood pressure I have had enough, i must take action now. I have put on a stone a year for the last ten years, and I avoid looking at myself in mirrors or having my photo taken.
For some its drink or drugs to battle demons, for me its food.
I cant buy the clothes I like, or do the things I used to do, ive eaten myself into a prison.
I hope I can drop in from time to time and take strength from you all, or be there for anyone if its needed as someone who understands.
:wave_cry:

Hiya everyone,
I need to lose 7stone 7lbs as I am killing myself . I've been a yo-yo dieter and comfort eater my whole life, and at 17st 7lbs at 34 years old and 5ft 2in , a mother of two lovely girls and a sufferer of high blood pressure I have had enough, i must take action now. I have put on a stone a year for the last ten years, and I avoid looking at myself in mirrors or having my photo taken.
For some its drink or drugs to battle demons, for me its food.
I cant buy the clothes I like, or do the things I used to do, ive eaten myself into a prison.
I hope I can drop in from time to time and take strength from you all, or be there for anyone if its needed as someone who understands.
:wave_cry:

Hi there and :welcome: to minimins :)

I know it seems like a big hill now but try and take it little by little dont look at it as 7stone. take it in half stones and tackle them that way :) Have you decided on some kind of plan to follow? there is lots of info on here abour various diets :) I can totally agree with what you say about drink and drunks food is the exact same isnt it :sigh: I hope you feel at home here :) xx

Becky is right (as usual)... take it in small steps... I know how daunting it is to have a big target, and it really helps to have a smaller and realistic target.
Do let us know how you get on and give us a shout if you need any help, support or encouragement. This forum is amazing for all that!
Good luck!!!

~Silence~

I've been a yo-yo dieter and comfort eater my whole life

Your'e not the only one there believe me Hackneybird, I'm sure the majority of people on the boiard would agree with that. I agree, set yourself small achievable targets.

Back