Newbie In Need Of Help.

Rachael

Hey Everyone. I'm new. I've just found this forum through google, as I've just started Lighter Life and I'm really struggling.

I'm on day 3 of Lighter Life. Day 1 was fine I ate 4 food packs and 3 1/2 litres of water. Day 2 I only managed to eat 2 food packs, and 2 litres of water. Today I've not eaten anything. I just have no appitite at all. I tried to force myself to at least drink water, but I just couldn't manage so have compromised with some very very week Robinsons no added sugar orange, and am going to speak to my counceller about water flavours.

I am 23 years old. I'm getting married next year, and I so desperatly want this to work. I've tried everything else.

I just have no appitite what so ever. Not even for food packs. It's not like I'm even craving food, which I would have expected.

I've had a wee read of the forum, and am going to try one of the alternative recipies for the food packs, to see if I can make it more appealing. But any advice or suggestions from people who have been there and done this would really help me.

Rachael you have to make sure that you eat the packs and that you drink the water.

Some people don't like the packs at first but if you stick with them you may well get used to them.

You can make crisps out of the savoury soup packs, the recipe should be on the site I believe. For the shakes if you make them thicker than they're meant to be you can eat them with a spoon.

Go give it another go now, make one up and see if you can just knock it back.

Thanks Katie. I'm off to try the chocolate muffin recipie just now. Other half and I both have really bad colds, and have been in bed the past 2 days, which hasn't helped at all.

I'm hoping things will be easier once I get to grips with it and figure out what flavours of things I do and don't like. Have only ever liked tomatoe soup so was gutted to see there was none in the food packs.

Right off to attempt this chocolate muffin...

Ahhh right, didnt' know you were ill, well hopefully that'll be while you're off food and not because of the diet -- that's more understandable but please do try get your packs and some fluids down you ... and make sure your OH keeps on the fluids too.

I forgot to say welcome to the group too - Welcome :)

Agree with Kate, try and get some packs down you, especially as your are poorly. The water will also help you wash all the impurities out in your body.

:welcome:Well welcome to our forum and really good luck with your journey. Any questions just ask, someone will know the answer

I had a rotten cold last week too and it is hard when you lose your appetite.
We all take our packs differently, so you might need to experiment a bit.
Some like to make the shakes thicker like mousse, I like mine very thin so use 400-500ml instead of the recommended 200.
The fruit ones make nice mousse, the choc one is lovely hot, the vanilla makes a lovely latte. The soups are good for crisps or poppadoms.
You can add salt (lo salt is better), pepper and tabasco.

The water flavourings do really help at the beginning (I find I hardly use them now).
They are nice hot, cold, fizzy or plain.
Take a look at the recipes at the top of the forum too.
The first few days are the toughest but you soon get through it.

Back