Newbie Kirsty's food diary

Well heres todays diary, had a lot going on at work today but managed to stay on plan..

B: boiled egg, coffee, banana
L: baked potato with cottage cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and a whole meal roll HEB with 2 x veggie sausages (2 syns), tiny bit of cheese (guessing 4 syns but over estimating)
Snack: muller lemon cheesecake (1 syn)
D: stir fried chicken with asparagus, mushrooms and egg noodles, soy sauce, garlic salt and chilli flakes - this was delish
Dessert was meringue nest (2.5 syns) with mixed berries

Last edited:
Haha? Yeah it's a great substitute, the key is not to boil the sauce though as it splits, I used the majority of the yoghurt at the end and just warmed it through xx

Nearly forgot to update today's. It's been a bit of a strange day, think I'm due TOTM as I had a few cravings for naughty things...
B: 1x whole meal roll HEB with tiny scraping of light philly (2syns), coffee, pear
Snack: Lemon cheesecake muller (1 syn)
L: I got invited out to lunch so I chose red pepper and courgette omlette with salad, it also came as standard with big chunky chips BUT I gave all but 1 chip to my friend, I didn't even enjoy the one that I did eat tho :-( - I decided that as I didn't know how many syns were in my lunch that I wouldn't have any more today.
D: stir fry chicken and egg noodles with asparagus and mushrooms, soy sauce, garlic and chilli

Today has been the hardest day out of them all so far as I've not felt 100% in control (basically I've had "bad" thoughts about naughty food) although I've done really well and more than likely stayed within my syns! I should be proud though... there were some party sausages rolls in the kitchen earlier that had been cooked by my mum,in the past I wouldn't have thought twice about pinching 2 or 3 but I stayed completely away from them and made myself a cuppa instead. Not sure where this new found willpower has come from but I love it!! TTFN xx

popping my head in to say hi! You seem to be doing really well, must get the recipe for those salt and pepper chips - those are killer from the chinese!

Hi there! The salt and pepper chips are soo easy to make! I par boiled the chipped potatoes (until just tender), then drained and left to dry up a little. I then popped them on a baking tray with fry light and put the in the oven. After about 10mins in the oven I added Chinese 5 spice, chopped garlic, chopped onion, salt and pepper and then put back in the oven until onions were slightly browned (sorry im no good with timings, I just tend to cook things by eye!) xx

Today's meals:
B: apple, coffee
L: Mediterranean mug shot, HEB whole meal roll with cottage cheese
Snack: Jaffa cake (2.5 syns)
D: slimming world carbonara, made with light philli (4syns) eggs, onion, garlic, mushrooms, pasta and sprinkle of cheese(2syns)
Baileys with coffee (4syns)

Not been very organised today, hence the reason for not much super free food. Getting weighed in the morning, hoping for a good loss! Fingers crossed xx

Sooooo happy! I've lost 6 lbs in my first week. Even the lady weighing me had to do a double take! I'm beaming. I know it's always a bigger loss in the first week (I've done SW 3 times before!) but it's a much bigger loss than I expected..

great news on the loss...well done you! :D x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's fantastic! Well done, a goo loss is big to keep you motivated - keep up the good work! And in going to try those salt and pepper chips in the week :)

Well done that's a fab loss keep it up!

Thanks guys :) I'm so happy. I would have in the past "celebrated" a good loss by eating something very naughty but I've decided not to, I'm just going to carry on with how I'm doing now. I'm going to make my Sw Chinese for tea tonight with some salt n pepper chips and might even have a go at the egg fried rice too! Xx

Today's food:
B: bacon and mushroom sandwich (HEB) with ketchup (2)
Snack: toffee mullet light, coffee
L: jacket pot with lettuce, tomato, balsamic, bacon, onion, and salad cream (2)
D: Chinese style salt n pepper chicken. Salt and pepper chips, boiled rice and Chinese style curry sauce (made with soy sauce, chilli flakes, garlic, salt, pepper, curry powder, Chinese 5 spice, water and a tiny bit of smash powder to thicken) - this was delicious, although a lot was a bit hot hot!
Snack: 2 x mikado sticks (yummy!) (1 syn)

Your Chinese sounds lovely! And just think how many syns you saved doing it yourself!

Here to subscribe your diary looks great your doing really well!! I love the idea of freezing grapes will definitely be trying that!!! Xx

Back