newbie. Life story no sorry introduction

Msan1968

Hi everyone,
I'm 48yr old mother of 4 nanna to 2 & 2/3rds (grand do due end nov). My 12 yr old has ADHD and nearly 10yr son has autism. They are not good eaters they think fruit veg is the food of the devil. My other half has colitis and diabetes so his diet is restricted. This is going to be tricky but I want to try. I'm day 3 into slimming world from home which I was filling from my daughters old book until Jack my son hid it yesterday. I'm 5ft 2 and weighed in on Saturday at gulp ..... My heaviest ever weight of 122.7kg. 19 st something.
Always been chunky I went off anything unhealthy when pregnant with my 12 yr old and seriously as soon as I could stand up I was hobbling down the corridor to weigh myself.
I'm starting a new job next week working in a school with nursery/reception age special needs children and I'm panicking a bit because I've been in terrible pain with my back and hips this summer hols. I've been vitamin d deficient and I've been referred to sleep apnea assessment so I think my healthy affected now by years of being overweight.
I kept searching for syn values on google and coming across this site which is what brought me here.
Sorry for the waffle ..... Oh waffle how many sins????? Only joking but you do think food 24/7 when in a diet dont you

Yes you do - try not to think of it as a "diet" as such but as a new, healthy way of eating. Gradually make changes that you can live with forever, eg swap semi skimmed for skimmed milk etc etc. I seem to be constantly thinking and talking about food and constantly chopping vegetables. Good luck and stick with it

Back