newbie needing advise!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by kellycontrary, 16 November 2009 Social URL.

1. kellycontrary

kellycontrary New Member

Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hello im sorry if im posting in the wrong place, Im new so please forgive me!:wave_cry:
    Had a massive shock a couple of weeks ago when I really looked at myself in the mirror and didn’t recognise myself. I signed up to the gym that evening, and have been sticking to it mainly due to my partner who has been paying half of the membership for me (bless him!)
    I am 28 and overweight for my height - im 5ft 3 and weigh approx 12 stone 6lbs. I have been going to the gym for 4 weeks now, averaging 4 times a week. I either go for 20 mins using the rowing machine, cross trainer and bike (as well as a few others incl some weights) and go for a 20 min swim or I go for 30-45 mins gym only. If I don’t go to the gym, I just swim for 20 - 30 mins or I do one of their classes, usually body jam, pilates or LBT.
    My diet is fairly healthy, although I do slip at weekends and when my partner is back for four days! I have a food diary and I average around 1700 calories during the week and 2000 calories at weekends. I don’t smoke, I rarely drink but I do like the odd bit of choc or junk food.
    Problem is, I havent shifted any weight! Im starting to worry. How has other people found their weightloss when starting a new gym routine? Im going to give it til 6 weeks and then ill have to up my game as they say! Ive already tried to make my workouts harder. I tend to go for 2 days and have a break or 3 days and break due to my partners shift work. The other thing to do I guess is to reduce my calorie intake but I think Im having the right amount of calories for my level of exercise….the weekends could be improved I suppose!
    Any ideas???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. smallisbeautiful

smallisbeautiful New Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Exercise

Hi

I found exercise helps with toning but that you also need to reduce calorie intake to lose weight. I was doing exercise 4 x per week - including aerobic & running but unless I watched what I ate I didn't drop a pound.

Funny thing is when you add exercise to a lower calorie diet it does seem to speed up weight loss rather than just eating less on its own.

Hope that helps.

4. kellycontrary

kellycontrary New Member

Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks for that!
    My food diary and recommended calorie intake goes by how much exercise I put in that I have done in the day, so im never really over what they recommend I do - at the weekends, I just about balance on what they suggest! I think this may be my problem area….some people have also said I should wait 6 weeks before seeing any physical results….shall see what the next couple of weeks have to offer and will watch my food intake too!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.