Step 1 Sole Source Newbie Needing some support

Hey Miss D, your not wrong, i hate it when little ones are ill.... i would love to help but there is nothing i can do apart from cuddles.... little darling was sick as well yesterday so really felt awful, and i felt so bad as i was already late for work and all she wanted was to be picked up and cuddled and i couldn't as she was covered and i was dressed to go.... (Thankfully i was able to shower her and cuddle her once clean, but i felt such a meanie!!!!)

Well i weighed in yesterday and i lost a further 2.75lb.... i am pleased, however i was really hoping for an additional pound so that i would have got my 2 stone.... oh well, here's to next week!

Let us know how you get on with the unofficial weigh in tonight Jules! Best of luck! =0)

xxx

Hi Susan

I totally get what your going through all 3 boys have had it so I'm really glad they're getting over it as they were driving me up the wall!!

Well done you on your weight lost you are doing so well!! and very consistent!!
Unofficial WI for me was 2.5lbs off, which I was a happy with it I really am aiming for 2/3lbs per week

I have to admit I wouldnt like to be not getting weighed every week as its been tough knowing I'm not getting weighed this week!!! Real bad thoughts of temptation :)

How have you been?

JulesMcL2110 said:
Hi Susan

I totally get what your going through all 3 boys have had it so I'm really glad they're getting over it as they were driving me up the wall!!

Well done you on your weight lost you are doing so well!! and very consistent!!
Unofficial WI for me was 2.5lbs off, which I was a happy with it I really am aiming for 2/3lbs per week

I have to admit I wouldnt like to be not getting weighed every week as its been tough knowing I'm not getting weighed this week!!! Real bad thoughts of temptation :)

How have you been?

Hiya Jules, yeah my losses are consistent, I reckon ill probably only get 2lb of this week, well I hope so anyway! I'd love a huge loss, but then I suppose I am consistently losing good weight and it all adds up!

Glad you had a good weigh in, I often think out would be good to only weigh in once every two or for weeks but I know I'd crack! Wouldn't be able to stand it and would probably end up daily weighing at home instead!

How's this week going? Are you at home now?

I'm having a good week, seems to be going quickly but then they all do... I gotta make my little girl a birthday cake tomorrow, I'm a bit worried ill eat something or lick the bowl without thinking!! Then Friday I got to decorate it! Might be a problem, I love butter icing, and cake! :-(

You got much planned for the weekend coming?

Xxxx

Hi ladies
Wow Jules fab loss this week:)
Susan hope the little ones feeling better today? Hopefully once the spots are out she's on the mend!
have diet envy of you both this week, disappointed with my 1.7 loss despite really sticking to SS. I'm not peeing much so could be needing more water than I think but overall :(((( confused as my waist is -1.5" at this weeks weigh in so it's going somewhere! Will SS next week too so fingers x
Have either of you deviated at all whilst on Cambridge?

Hey Miss D, dont be disappointed, 1.7 is still good.... and as you know it doesn't sometimes go in fits and starts... hopefully next week you will have a massive loss! =0)

My little girl is still spotty / scabby but so much happier, so i am also SOOOO much happier!! I've also had a couple of full nights sleep, crikey what a difference sleep makes, eh?!?!!?

how much water are you drinking? not enough can make a big impact on your losses, but you say your losing inches, they do often say the scales dont budge but the inches do.... not sure i fully understand how one can and not the other but i have definately heard it from somewhere!!!!

In my almost 8 weeks i have ss continuously with out cheating except for:

one day i had a third of a chicken reast and 1 floret of broccoli (i was at my friends wedding)
yesterday whilst baking my daughters birthdat cake, i unintentionally licked my finger as i had a smidgen of marg on it.... and it tasted rank!!! Pure salt, so i wont be doing that again!!!!

Otherwise i simply have 3 shakes/soups a day and approx 5 pints of water..... sounds quite sad really but thats it for me..... i do not want to jeopradise any potential losses, and i want to shift my weight ASAP!!!! still got a huge amount to lose, but i am at least now noticing a slight difference....

Do you normally ss?

Hi susan - agree lifes much happier on a full nights sleep:) good to hear she's on the mend.
I normally have 2 shakes and a 250 cal white protein and green veg dinner maybe twice a week otherwise SS and found the losses (5.2lb each) the same.
I'm thinking maybe I'm not drinking enough and holding the water. Bought a small stepper this week which hopefully will raise my metabolism but so disappointed last night had a Thai curry :( although can honestly say I didn't enjoy it as I knew it was a stupid thing to be doing and consequently spent an hour on my stepper once children were in bed! Upside is I know I won't be doing that again as I felt worse for eating.
Found I can get ready for work whilst using stepper- tho putting in the contact lenses is a bit tricky lol!

Susan forgot to ask- how diid the cake turn out?? Did you resist the crumbs once it came out of the tin... Ooooo swooning over the idea of a warm cake smell now. What are you putting on the top? Has dd requested anything ?

ForumRunner_20121103_080134.png

ForumRunner_20121103_080153.png

ForumRunner_20121103_080206.png

My little girls birthday cake... It took all day! I has one tiny smidgen lick of marg, which was disgusting and treated of salt... Otherwise I didn't try a bit, however its madeira cake and smelt gorgeous!

Miss Demeanor said:
Hi susan - agree lifes much happier on a full nights sleep:) good to hear she's on the mend.
I normally have 2 shakes and a 250 cal white protein and green veg dinner maybe twice a week otherwise SS and found the losses (5.2lb each) the same.
I'm thinking maybe I'm not drinking enough and holding the water. Bought a small stepper this week which hopefully will raise my metabolism but so disappointed last night had a Thai curry :( although can honestly say I didn't enjoy it as I knew it was a stupid thing to be doing and consequently spent an hour on my stepper once children were in bed! Upside is I know I won't be doing that again as I felt worse for eating.
Found I can get ready for work whilst using stepper- tho putting in the contact lenses is a bit tricky lol!

Sounds quite hard stepping and geting ready, and the contacts part pretty dangerous! Lol! I find it hard enough just getting up and dressed I'm the morning most days!

Its shame about the Thai curry, but weekdays done is done, so just draw a line under it and move on... These things do happen, don't let it ruin the rest of your week! (I always used to do that, one bad day and I'd write off a whole week and do even more damage! Crazy I know, but that's what I'd do!

As you can see in my pics above she's still scabby but now smiley too, think she liked her cake! :)

Hey Susan

the cake looks totally fab, well done
The wee woman looks really good I see they are drying out and not red anymore which is good!

hows your week been?

It's my TOTM and craving chocolate like mad, have had to resist though

Hi Miss Demeanor

When I don't drink enough water I find the diet really difficult. I drink 3 ltrs a day plus 900ml in my 2 shakes and 1 soup. The stepper is a great idea. I'm into my 11th week and have found the last few weeks a struggle but I've tried my best to get through them with the odd nibble.

i really want another 2 stone off in time for Christmas so need to knuckle down

How's today been?

Hey Spookess

Well done on reaching your 2nd day.
It would depend how you and when you started the diet? Have you been cutting down before SS?
are you SS or SS+?

Hey Jules. I'm doing ss. Didn't cut down before I started. Did stop drinking Pepsi max 4 days before and switched to water but thats all. Pepsi was ALL I used to drink, about 2 litres a day.

My consultant says that ketosis starts when your body has burnt all the carbs so it depends on how many carbs you had before you started. I was eating bread, potatoes and pasta right up to the night before.

It's very weird. Will probably be starving tomorrow :-(
K
X

I would say you probably are in ketosis, do you have a sweet taste in your mouth?

I was just the same I drunk a lot of diet Pepsi or coke now it's just too sweet. Although it is life saver when I'm out with work!

Any plans for today?

There is a slight sweet taste yeah.

Not doing owt at all today. Was going to give the house a blitz but think that because it looks so cold and miserable outside I'm going to veg out all snug in my onesie before work tomorrow. :-D

Lol there must be something in the air, I've just cleaned out my kitchen cupboards chucking loads of out of date crap lolol just going to make the boys some lunch and veg for a while

:)

JulesMcL2110 said:
Hey Susan

the cake looks totally fab, well done
The wee woman looks really good I see they are drying out and not red anymore which is good!

hows your week been?

It's my TOTM and craving chocolate like mad, have had to resist though

Hiya Jules, yeah she certainly seems to be on the mend now and loved her cake and party! I on the other hand am shattered!

I didn't eat at the party, but I did try the tiniest piece of the cake I made, always a worry when you give cake to others that it actually tastes horrid,.but it was okay, really lemony though! Its odd though, its like my taste senses seem to have gone through the roof! Do you find that? Everything is so strong on the taste, I've never noticed it before! Do you find this?

Otherwise my week has been good, apart from a couple a huge headaches... I'm looking forward to weigh in tomorrow night but reckon it may be a lousy one this week, totm... Hopefully ill get my pound though and then ill have 2 stone!

How you doing huni? Xxx

Spookess said:
Today is my second day and not feeling all that hungry. Is it possible to be in ketosis already!?!?!?

Hey spookess, I also used to only drink coke before this diet and I reckon I for into ketosis quick, I never felt hungry! Maybe its the right frame of mind that helps with this!

I'm also planning a Pj day today.... Its wet, cold and windy outside ago think ill crack up the heating and snuggle with my kiddies... :)

Meant to say tomnkatesmum.... Really like the cake you made!

This is one I made for my nieces first Birthday last month. I have just started doing them to order. More money for CWPs! :-D

The collage one is some of the other cakes I've done.

K
X

Attachments

• image-1417604717.jpg
    image-1417604717.jpg
    617.6 KB · Views: 37
  • image-3555549429.jpg
    image-3555549429.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 31
Back