Step 1 Sole Source Newbie Needing some support

Hi again, I'm on the computer at the moment, so can see your stats... you are doing amazing Jules! REally pleased for you huni... Are you finding your big losses are when you SS and the smaller ones (every other week, it looks like) are when you are SS +ing?

Hope your little one is feeling better soon and that you both get a much better sleep tonight! xx

Yeah I read that on here that a ltr of water can weigh 1lb. I'm not sure if its true but anything is worth a try :)
how was your day today?

im not feeling too well today... have had a headache for most of the day and felt quite sick... however i have managed to eat my three products and am thinking of having an early night... my cdc reckoned last week that i may be drinking too much water, but the headache today makes me thing i've probably not had enough!!! i've been trying to stick to between 4-5 pints a day!

I have been doing a ketostix once a day though and that has been coming out that im well in ketosis so i am unsure how more i can do....

tomnkatesmum said:
seriously?????? 3 litres of water weighs 3 pounds? crikey.... that will make such a difference with an evening weigh in!

Nope. :) it's more than that. A litre of water weighs one kilogram. And a kilogram is equivalent to 2.2 lbs. So 3 litres of water weighs 6.6lbs - almost half a stone.

Sorry to hear about the headache, hun. It can happen in the first couple of weeks. It might be a lack of salt, actually - might be worth adding just a pinch of salt to a glass of water. Alternatively, it might be linked to constipation (in which case upping the water a little really wouldn't hurt. No need to go mad, but another pint wouldn't do any harm). Don't forget that it's fine to take paracetamol. There's absolutely no reason to suffer it out.

Hi Lily, Wow! I cannot believe it could weigh so much!!! Morning weigh ins would make more sense... i was wondering if i ought to start weighing myself first thing in the morning, after a pee but before anything else and keeping a log of that??? only thing is i would probably want to do it daily and i am not sure if this would help motivate me or not??? any comments from you girls???

Suppose i had better be careful what i drink before my weigh in tomorrow night, at the same time, if i cut out some of the water for a lower weigh in it probably wont help my headache?!?!?!?! what to do eh????

What time do you both weigh in? and do you do your own weigh in's as well??? xx

Hi again, I'm on the computer at the moment, so can see your stats... you are doing amazing Jules! REally pleased for you huni... Are you finding your big losses are when you SS and the smaller ones (every other week, it looks like) are when you are SS +ing?

Hope your little one is feeling better soon and that you both get a much better sleep tonight! xx

Thanks Susan
I do believe that the heavier you are to begin with the quicker at the being and then starts to even out. My CDC more or less said that.
So I'm now aiming for 3lbs a week which hopefully would give me a 36lbs for Xmas

I do think I've bigger Losed on my ss weeks and now I drink about 3 ltr's of water a day in comparison to 4-5 ltr's at the beginning.

Do take something for that headache!

Have you been watching Xfactor?

yeah i reckon i will log off now, go find some paracetamol, have a pint of water then go off to bed... I will see how the weigh in goes tomorrow, but may start keeping a log of daily weigh ins first thing in the morning... maybe....

no, i haven't really watched x-factor this year... i've always enjoyed it in previous years, but we missed the start, and so far just haven't bothered... i did tune in last night quickly, but some chap was murdering a song so i turned over to watch casualty! I love my soaps!!! couldn't live without them!! (sad, i know!)

I'm off to a breakfast networking meeting tomorrow morning!!! Always fun watching people eating bacon butties and pastries and scones, and telling them, i'm not really a breakfast person while i dribble in longing!!!! ah, the joys of the Cambridge Diet!!! :sigh:

Hi Lily, Wow! I cannot believe it could weigh so much!!! Morning weigh ins would make more sense... i was wondering if i ought to start weighing myself first thing in the morning, after a pee but before anything else and keeping a log of that??? only thing is i would probably want to do it daily and i am not sure if this would help motivate me or not??? any comments from you girls???

Suppose i had better be careful what i drink before my weigh in tomorrow night, at the same time, if i cut out some of the water for a lower weigh in it probably wont help my headache?!?!?!?! what to do eh????

What time do you both weigh in? and do you do your own weigh in's as well??? xx

Don't get too hung up on how much the water you've drunk weighs - so long as you stop drinking say an hour before weigh in, you'll have pee'd out most of it anyway! And if you do arrive at a weigh in having drunk a litre of water within an hour of stepping on the scales, just view it as a head start on next week's weight loss, LOL - that pound that you might have lost had you had more time to empty your bladder will show up next week instead. :)

I go to weigh in at around 6pm on a Tuesday, but I do the occasional weigh in in the morning. I always weigh a few pounds less first thing in the morning than I do at night, but it makes no difference really because my official weigh in is at 6pm on a Tuesday, and it's the difference from Tuesday to Tuesday that I count.

Lots of people do weigh in every day, but it depends on what sort of person you are - would you be demotivated if the scales didn't shift at all for anything up to 6 days? Because that happens quite a bit. :) Not that it means anything at all - doing the diet 100% pretty much guarantees fat loss, it's just that our bodies have this annoying tendency to hang on to water to compensate. But the weight loss always shows up in the end.

Hope you feel better tomorrow x

Thanks Lily... i have stopped drinking the water today at 4, and i weigh in at 6, so will see what happens!!!!

Will have to think about the daily weighing, as you say, the last thing i want to do is de-motivate myself!!! that would not be good....

am seriously hoping the weight loss shows up in just over 1 hour... suppose i'll find out soon enough!!! fingers crossed! =0)

Hi Jules. I lost 2.25 pounds. So that's a total loss to date of 17 pounds :)

Sadly my cdc doesn't think my losses will increase but that I need to get used to this being it...or less :-(

Hi Jules. I lost 2.25 pounds. So that's a total loss to date of 17 pounds :)

Sadly my cdc doesn't think my losses will increase but that I need to get used to this being it...or less :-(

Susan
That's really brilliant
Update your week 4 with your Fab weight lost!!
I would be happy with 2/3lbs a week now. I don't want loads of saggy skin :)

How have you been today?
I was really craving and hungry today which is a first :(

JulesMcL2110 said:
Susan
That's really brilliant
Update your week 4 with your Fab weight lost!!
I would be happy with 2/3lbs a week now. I don't want loads of saggy skin :)

How have you been today?
I was really craving and hungry today which is a first :(

Hi Jules, thanks for message... I thought I had updated but am on my phone so will have to look when I next get on the PC...

Your right, I don't want say skin, but I really do want to see the weight just drop off quickly... I know 17 pounds in 4 weeks is brill though... Can't wait to see where I am in 8 more weeks... Assuming I can continue ssing.. It is so hard done days!

I haven't craved and I'm not hungry but I do dream and fantasise about food! All the time!!

I don't suppose that will every stop, but I keep telling myself it wouldn't taste good anyway, its just the thought! My main problem with this diet is feeling cold! I'm always cold!

How's your boy today? You alright apart from the hunger and cravings?

Hi Susan

I get that as well, being cold.. I'm good apart from craving today. The is doing alot better thank you Spots are starting to crust over which is a good sign

I bet you cant wait to go away

Had a weekend away and still managed to lose 5lb but am oh too well aware that i need to watch it this week! Apart from a pickled gherkin and a couple of small pickled onions i've been really good for the past 2 days! I need to get my arse back on track! I have 6 wks and 1 day left until my other half gets home and really want him to notice a difference!!!

But am struggling today as i'm not working! Must resist!!! But blimey it's tough today :(

Hope everyone else is doing ok...

Jules you weight losses are fab!!! xxx

Had a weekend away and still managed to lose 5lb but am oh too well aware that i need to watch it this week! Apart from a pickled gherkin and a couple of small pickled onions i've been really good for the past 2 days! I need to get my arse back on track! I have 6 wks and 1 day left until my other half gets home and really want him to notice a difference!!!

But am struggling today as i'm not working! Must resist!!! But blimey it's tough today :(

Hope everyone else is doing ok...

Jules you weight losses are fab!!! xxx

Hi Camilan

Thanks
I do believe that I will slow up now but I'm still hoping for 2/3lbs per week really want 4/5 stone off for christmas.

I bet you can notice the difference already with you great lost almost 2 stone in 5 weeks thats totally amazing!!!
Are you exercising?

Hi Jules. I'm good thanks... Had a long day at work.. Just got in, had a choc mint shake and now sitting down with a pint of water... Thinking I may have an early night tonight so have to be at a meeting tomorrow at 6.30am, then a full day at work! I feel tired already... After tomorrow I'm on the weekend though and can't wait to be at home for a few days!

I had to go to the shops today and do wanted to call in to a coffee shop for a cake... I resisted but I think its getting harder... I haven't had proper solid good for 4 and a half weeks! (apart from a third of a chicken beat, one broccoli floret and hall a mange tout!)

Really starting to miss real food!!

How you doing babe? Good day?

Hi Susan

I better day than yesterday. Been working from home today and had loads of energy. I dont know where that came from lol

I know what you mean about it getting harder. With eating the odd small meal I think it helps me get through the tough times.

Back