newbie needs help staying motivated!

bakedalaskan

Hi :) im 31 and a single mother of a 14mo son. I put on 40lb over pregnancy, bringing me up to 195 at this time. I've been housebound alot this last winter an have had no real success losing weight, but I havnt gained anything either! Don't know what plan im going to follow but when the weather is better I definately plan to get outside an start walking :) looking fr friends to support me in my efforts

Hi - and welcome to the forum.
What exactly do you want to be "motivated" to do? Are you considering doing a diet regime or just getting more exercise in the future?
When you have decided what it is that you want to do now then we can support and help you but it seems that you haven't really got a definite idea at all at the mo.
Will keep in touch to see how things are going, In the meantime - take care, we are all ready to help when you let us know what it is you are trying to do....:)

Well done for not gaining over the winter...it's the hardest time in my opinion. Probably would help if you know what your eating style is like. Do you like a very prescriptive and a strict regime and want to loose weight quickly or do you prefer a more natural approach. Walking is great and really helps to maintain losses and tone up, not loosing muscle mass...but there is the "eat less" bit too unfortunately! Whatever path you choose keep posting, the support here is great!
Good luck!
Gem

Hi,
I', also new to all this and pit on a good heap of weight with my son. I was also a single mother and i think all that stress just adds to feeling generally a bit crappy and just over/comfort eating. I'm going down the road of lipotrim, quick fix that i'm hoping will boost me into action. This is my first time ever dieting but have the support at home and my friend is starting too. The best of luck on chosing your route and use your baba to boost you when you feel a bit down. It'll all be worth it in the end :)

Hi and welcome. Are you wanting to go to a slimming class/group? If not might be worth joining as a way to get hold of the newest books.

Then you could start a diary thread in the section on here for support

Irene xx

Im considering weight watchers, but I would b doing it alone most likely. I've heard that the meetings ar very helpful, tho. Either that or count my calories

I do weight watchers online on my own with the support of the online forums and the app I'm loving it! This has to come from within you...if you do it with someone you let their bad habits affect you too I find! Good luck with whatever you choose
Gem

I did ww years ago an was modestly successful on it but got tired of counting points. But I know that I have to keep track, cals or points. But I do remember losing almost 20lb in a few month, too

Back