Newbie needs you!

Hey all, just wanted to say hello! I'm new here, and have a long way to go to reach my weight loss goal...seems like so many great people on here reaching their health and weightloss goals. Nice place to reach out and get some support so here I am. Are there any people with PCOS out there who can share tips about how they are approaching the weight loss situation?

:)

Hi and welcome, it really is a great place for support and encouragement!

If you go to forum jump, there is a forum called pcos where you should find what you're looking for.

All the best with your journey!
X

Hi!

Hello and Welcome!
I also have a long way to go to reach my goal weight but am determined to do it and I am sure with the support of everyone on this site we can do it!

I too suffer from PCOS and as you know this poses issues with losing weight - I have however succeeded in the past with Weight Watchers having lost 5 and a half stone on the plan! I was a bit naughty however and have put most of the weight back on (which I am really annoyed with myself for). If you have not tried WW before I recommend it, I have also found mild - moderate exercise also assists when dealing with PCOS. I hope that this helps... as Healthy2010 says above there is a whole forum dedicated to PCOS and there are a number of success stories on them!

Good Luck
Speak Soon
Sharkbait1983
:p:p:p

Thanks Healthy and Sharkbait, very encouraging responses. I am sure we can do it too!

This is my plan ...join a slimming group near me, gym twice a week, and either a walking club or a local boot camp twice a week. I think exercise is my biggest failing. I love being active but have the tendency to get lazy when i am busy or stressed. This is the first time I have joined a forum or thought of going to a slimming group. Really hope I stick with it and shift this weight - i am a bit of a yo-yo dieter and the only thing that seems to work is if I am physically active.

Back