Newbie on 100% TS - start date 25.06.13

Vaney1984

Starting tomorrow! Excited much!

Been reading all your posts and diaries for approx. two weeks and just hope that I have the dedication that some of you guys have and will be happy if I achieve even half that!

Start weight will be confirmed in morn but I am between 15.2 and 15.5 depending on what's been eaten night before lol!

Have put much weight on over last year and a half, was 12.8 Oct 2011 and starting putting weight on when I got my bf, then gave up smoking adding more weight then fell down stairs this March with bad back and ankle injuries as a result which meant zero exercise which I need to maintain my weight badly. Have to practically starve myself to lose weight. eat healthy most the time but maybe just bigger portions then needed. BF is one of those that eats like a pig yet stays vey slim and so started having larger portions of not so healthy food, sweets an things which I never really ate before and oh yes - the take aways!

I have been this size before but managed to lose two stone with very little effort - the break up diet I believe they call it and managed to maintain at 12.8 for approx. two years before all the above started.

Hope I stay strong and can do this as weight is getting me down .......

Wish me luck!
xxx

Hi and good luck, your situation is quite simular to mine, I had always been about 11st when I met OH, who eats junk and loses weight, broke his leg once was laid up for 5 months with full plaster I fed him 1kg bars of galaxy and he still lost 1/2 stone.
Anyway, eating out, takeaways and puddings became the norm. I never had puddings at home unless it was a yoghurt or fruit. He likes something sweet after diner and tea, so it's not hard to imagine why I now need to lose 100lb. Ive started before at nearly this weight, lost over 6 stone and it crept back on with stress and babies. So here I Am again, thinking of banishing treats except for one day a week when I have completed my mission, if I need to retrain my thoughts so do the family.

Anyway good luck, keep focused, follow it 100% it does work. And the speed you lose it helps that motivation along way.

I started putting on weight when i met my BF too! Blame those pesky men haha! I just try and think that when I get to my target and I am maintaining then having the odd treat- like a meal out/ takeaway won't fill me with guilt like it has in the past. I hope I can get to the stage where my eating habits change for the better and I can have a healthy relationship with food.

Yeah Dam those pesky men! I had trained myself quite well with food prior to getting into that relationship. Ate next to nothing really and now and then had a little pig out but not much. Hope I can get back there again once I hit target, sure I can and won't let myself slip so much again. Very hard when OH is a foodaholic. Time will tell!

Start weight confirmed this morn at 15.4 1/2 so here goes.... Had shake this morn and have bar for lunch. Very busy week at work so hope I don't struggle to much with tiredness.

Have so many drink related work dos coming up but scared of falling off. I know it says everywhere not to drink on this diet but has anyone been out and just had a few vodka lime sodas and been okay? X

How did you find the shake?

I started putting on weight when i met my BF too! Blame those pesky men haha! I just try and think that when I get to my target and I am maintaining then having the odd treat- like a meal out/ takeaway won't fill me with guilt like it has in the past. I hope I can get to the stage where my eating habits change for the better and I can have a healthy relationship with food.

I too blame those pesky men!!!

And I also will have the odd meal !!

Shake was very nice, mixed in the blender with some coffee them warmed up for a minute in the microwave. Saving other half for later to have cold with ice. Think a whole one with the suggested water would be to thick for me. Had water and a black coffee this morning. Feel a little hungry but that will be due to me having quite heavy meals these past two days which always seems to make me feel hungry the next day. I was going to start next Monday and slowly eat smaller portions up until then to prepare myself but just felt so bloated yesterday I thought why put it off til Monday and just go for it!

Busy day at work today so it should help me take my mind of food.... Not looking forward to lunch when everyone around me has their lunch at their desks and smelling the hot food they have... Be strong!! Lol xx

Hi, not had alcohol whilst on this but on lighterlife i did it over Christmas, I had one meal out mid dec and lots of alcohol, vodka lime/soda. I also ate anything I wanted Christmas Day and New Year's Eve. Never put any weight on. But I did get straight on it the day after each of these. Good luck.

Thanks Zoe

If I do drink alcohol on this diet will only have a few and not to many to create a hangover the next day as this last year I have been feeling them BAD lol. Age has caught up with me and I can no longer handle it. Hangovers only cured by eating vast amounts of rubbish so won't have more then 5 drinks on a night out me thinks. Going to try and avoid as many social events as I can for at least two months but that's gonna be hard as have so many in diary at mo for work alone never mind friends and family.

Xx

Hi Vancey if you drink alcohol whilst on the diet it will stop the fat burning process as the body will have to break down the alcohol hence taking you out of ketosis in turn slowing down weight loss...

Thanks charlieberry .... Ill try and avoid where possible. X

I haven't tried to drink but I've heard vodka and even the odd glass of wine is fine. Some people have mentioned getting troliled a lot more easily so watch out!

I confess that I ate a piece of ham today...well, that's a lie...I had two! :( Again I blame the pesky man folk...boyfriend was scoffing pizza in from of me and I sobbed a bit and grabbed the ham! I am ashamed!

I am fine in work on the diet- i start to get cravings when I get home...hence the ham!

I agree with xharlieberry it will be fine as its protein and shouldn't knock you out of keto or affect it much. Had the Thai soup for dinner and can't stand it. Went down the sink! OH came home with savoloy and chips! Bet he will be doing that often over next few weeks. I usually do all the cooking and I told him that when I'm in the first few weeks of diet that I wouldn't be doing any cooking so not to tease or tempt myself.

Got a work do Tom which is the firms annual cricket match where they put on the best BBQ ever and free drink all night.... Going to give it a miss now as to early in the diet for that kind of temptation with my will power lol x

Thanks- I hope it doesn't do anything. I am glad it was the ham I grabbed and not that delicious looking pizza out of my BF's hands!! :p Your OH sounds just as considerate with his feasting in front of you! Haha!

I am avoiding things too, just turned down a work lunch for next Monday. The only thing I can't avoid is a birthday meal in two weeks. I don't know what to do as Its a really nice restaurant I have wanted to go to for ages. My will power will be around my ankles before I've even walked through the doors! Haha! Do you think one night off will affect things much?

Hi Venus, regarding your night out, if you intend to go and 'have the night off' at least you are in control of that, check the menu before you go and try to choose wisely and stick to it. The worst thing is for you to beat yourself up about it, that is likely to cause you to go off track more often without planning. I have a meal out in three weeks but am well Into my second month by then, we are going for Chinese and I have already been looking at the best options, alcohol won't be a problem as I am driving and we all order our own meal not like a Buffett. I intend to choose the night before (even if it is not the wisest choice) then OH knows what to order and I don't have to be drawn in to changing it when I see other people eating different things. Good luck choose wisely.

It won't affect things to much if you stick to a low carb meal and get straight back on the next day. Do it dukan diet style if you can, steak with salad or chicken/fish with veg and if you do decide to be a bit naughty don't beat yourself up. Look at it like a treat and get straight back on the next day. Look at it like something to look forward to after all your hard work up until then. Enjoy and straight back on the next day. Will most prob be faced with that myself every few weeks but as long as we don't make a habit of it and watch the cals what harm can it do but slightly stall the weight loss. This is a Marathon not a sprint x

Thanks guys- that what I needed to hear- I AM in control!!:D

I think I will be fine as long as I steer clear of dessert and try not to eat too many carbs. But because I am super greedy I have already seen the menu on the website and I was drooling reading it!! I can't decide what I'm having yet. I am stupidly excited!!

Haha well just go and enjoy it. Was it two weeks away u said? You should have lost a good bit by then so you will deserve it! Just try and be as good as pos and then work it off as well as 100% the next day!

So day 2 now .... 1lb 1/4 loss over night. Going right direction! Just had porridge and although edible it was very sweet! Feel slightly quesy now but maybe due to me wolfing down the last bit to get rid! Might try the porridge biscuits next time round they sound nicer.

Right off to work early today.... Roll on 1pm and lunchtime bar lol. That's almost 7 hours away

Good luck all today xx

Back