Newbie on 100% TS - start date 25.06.13

So, how did Day Two go? :)
The first week or so, I found being around food pretty horrid, but it does get easier - I promise. Just takes some willpower and focusing on the goal. I tend to try and look at it in the sense that enjoying a slice of pizza will bring me joy for a couple of minutes. Waking up in the morning and seeing how much I've lost is going to make me happy for a very, very long time. :)

Also, I've found that putting some cinnamon or five spice or something in the porridge makes it taste better - it takes away some of the cloying sweetness and adds a bit of flavour.

NO food talk allowed in the 100% section

Thread moved

I haven't tried to drink but I've heard vodka and even the odd glass of wine is fine. Some people have mentioned getting troliled a lot more easily so watch out!

I confess that I ate a piece of ham today...well, that's a lie...I had two! :( Again I blame the pesky man folk...boyfriend was scoffing pizza in from of me and I sobbed a bit and grabbed the ham! I am ashamed!

I am fine in work on the diet- i start to get cravings when I get home...hence the ham!

Actually no alcohol is fine in ketosis. It's very dangerous to drink in ketosis. There's a sticky thread in the main forum about it.
You could end up really ill

Thanks starlight

And five spice in the porridge? Really!? Lol x

Hi how's everyone going with the TS diet, today is my weigh which is really low as I haven't been 100% fell off the bandwagon at day 3 unlucky for me, so only lost 4lbs which isn't really good! Determined and ready to start this week afresh with the support from minimims hopefully I can do it.

Hi, how are things going this week? I caved in this week too and ended up going for a meal (steak & salad) I had been craving food all week but am feeling much better now I have eaten and enjoyed, as I have such a long way to go (100lb total to lose) I am planning on treating to protein based meal every stone or so, the hard bit is sticking to this but that's the training I need too. Good luck let us know how you are getting on.

Is meat bad...like will it kick out of ketosis?

Possibly, but I just had to have something. I did lighterlife for 5 months and the only time i went off plan with that was Christmas meal, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve. Don't think I came out of ketosis if I did it kicked in again quite quick as you had to do a ketostick each week. Best not to eat but if it Keeps you on the plan in the long run just restrict yourself as best you can. Pure protein is best thing if anything, think on here a lot of people grab ham or chicken. Good luck

Yeh I'm on TS so I'm not eating however with WS people still go in and stay in ketosis who eat so I don't really understand it all quite confusing!

You will stay in ketosis as long as u eat protein and very low carbs. I've decided to change to slim and save where on their lifestyle plan u have 3 packs and are allowed a tiny bit of skimmed milk, 100g of protein and 200g of selected salad/veg a day. Think I'm more likely to succeed on that plan and won't always have the meal but its there as an option. Losses appear to be the Same as on exante. I have quite a few exante products left but can use them In conjunction with slim and save as they are the same thing. Slim and save just have such a better range of products and I think they are tastier. I fell off last week due to being poorly but back on today x

Back