Newbie on a Mission

Hi All!

My name is Lynsey, I'm 23years old and I live in Clydebank which is just outside of Glasgow.

I'm married to Jason (25) and we have the most adorable puppy called Archie. He's an 8mth old Lhasa Apso. We've been happily married for 6mths now and are planning to start a family in the next year or so, which is the main reason why I am here.

I am 5ft 3 and currently weigh just under 17stone :eek::cry::( I'm a size 20 and am sick of hating the way I look.

I always said I wouldn't let myself get pregnant without first losing some weight and getting a bit healthier. There are too many complications for my liking and I don't want to be a fat mummy.

Reality really hit home last week when I was carrying my neice from the car to Tesco and back. I said to my sister in law that she was getting really heavy and that you could really feel your arms getting sore after only a few minutes.

I got my sister in law to weigh my neice and she weighs 2stone. This shocked me and made me feel quite sick as I realised that theoretically I am carrying 3 of my neice about every day in excess weight :eek: I couldn't possibly carry 3 of my neice in real life so don't think it's fair to expect my body to carry that weight around either!!

I think I am 16st 11lbs but am going to get weighed in Boots tomorrow and starting on the slimming world plan tomorrow. Will be up-ing my exercise and trying to lose a steady 1-2lbs per week. I don't mind how long it takes me to get to goal as long as I do it healthily and steadily. I don't mind so much what the scales say and think I'd be happy to get to a size 14 although would love to be a 12.

Anyway I think I have rambled on enough for my first post and best go read up on the 1000s of threads.

Nice to meet you all :D

Lyns x

Hi just joined the forum I was 16.9 when I started slimmingworld in May now weigh 13.11. Just set small goals for yourself e.g first half stone then goal to 15, if you have a gain start again but keep at it, I never thought I would lose 2 stone 12:)

I went to Boots today and got used their weight, bmi and body fat checker machine.

I am 17st 4lbs, my BMI is 43 and about 45% of my body mass is fat. :(

Well if that isn't enough of a shock to change my life then I don't know what is!!!

I had a really good day today and am determined to keep it up.

I went to Boots today and got weighed.

I am 17st 4lbs, my BMI is 43 and my body fat percentage is 45%!!!

If that isn't enough to shock me into changing my life then I don't know what is :(

I've had a relatively good day today. Am determined to stick to it.

Good luck with it Lynsey, slow and steady is certainly the way to go, set yourself small achievable goals and celebrate when you achieve them - notice "when" not "if". You'll get there in the end, and what a lovely goal to have at the end, being a young slim yummy mummy :p :D

My mum was a Bankie so I've got a soft spot for people from Clydebank.

good luck lynsey - one day at a time .... keep us updated hun xxx

Well it's my first weigh in tomorrow and I am sooooo nervous.

I 'think' I have been pretty good this week but don't 'feel' like I've lost weight.

I haven't done much exercise this week so if WI doesn't produce good results I know of at least one area I can work on to improve weight loss.

Hi Lynsey,
Good luck with your journey. I am just starting out myself (although I am going to the happy clapping meetings (much as it pains me!!!). I tried to do it myself before and would go to my weigh-in every week in Asda ;o). All I would say is have some back-up scales (I know you should always use the same ones). The reason is, the scales I used were out of action for a couple of weeks (eeeek) and it completely threw me and I went off track. Good luck though. I hope this doesn't come across as negative as I think making the decision to loss weight is very positive!!!

XX

well done on your loss, i have put on 6lb since may (according to me wii) so want to lose it for xmas, got so many night outs to go on - its mad. weigh in on wed so fingers crossed. gonna make butternut squash soup tomorrow yummy xx:)xx

Hi, I'm very similar to you Lynsey! Got married a year ago, lost 2.5 stone on SW, but its crept back up since my husband has been working away (comfort eating!). Back on SW now, although doing it myself til after christmas. Similar reasons as you really, especially as I'd love to have a baby in the next few years!

have set myself a 150lb target to lose, may take some time.
Good luck, hopefully we will get there together!
Zoe :)

Back