Newbie on Dukan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Becca29, 25 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Becca29

Becca29 Member

Start Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi there!

After being a yo yo dieter for a fair few years and having slowly crept up to my heaviest ever weight after losing my job in September I've finally motivated myself to lose weight and get fit and have just started the attack phase of the Dukan diet, got a long road ahead of me but feeling positive at the moment :)

Becca

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Emms24

Emms24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(17.47%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi becca! Welcome. I am also on the dukan diet and have been for two weeks. I've lost 10lbs. At first I thought the diet might be boring but there are loads of recipes online and I've invented a few myself. I'm trying new things and it's great. How has your first day on attack gone? The first five days are the hardest but it gets so much easier. Emma

4. Rebirth_Lozza

Rebirth_Lozza Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Good luck! x

5. Becca29

Becca29 Member

Start Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Not too bad so far thanks, had a bit of a facepalm moment when I realised that all the lovely mullerlights I picked up on offer in Morrisons were fruity ones - all grabbed out of habit - which I can't actually eat! Need to do a bit more browsing for some oat bran recipes as well, I think i've finally found something more tasteless and cardboard like then ryvita !

6. Emms24

Emms24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(17.47%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    You can make little cakes that you can flavour sweet (I use almond essence) or savoury which according to my dad makes really good dumplings to go with mince lol. I really like this diet it's suprising how much u don't miss carbs

7. Sander23

Sander23 Chronic Recidivist

Start Weight:
    262lb
    Current Weight:
    225lb
    Goal Weight:
    162lb
    Lost(%):
    37lb(14.12%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Hi Becca! You and I are at about the same point and have similar profiles. I was so annoyed I gained 2 lbs the first day:mad: I am hoping that it rebounds over the rest of the week. My attack phase is supposed to last 7 days - how about yours? The weird thing about this diet is that I am not hungry but I am feeling super-deprived!

8. Emms24

Emms24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(17.47%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi, it could be possible that you are retaining water. You have to drink loads of water. I know I always retain water just before my period and always put on a few pounds so it could be tht? You should definately stick at it. I didn't weigh myself until after the five days on attack because weight changes so much on a daily basis. I'm sure either way it will soon start falling off. Good luck :) x

9. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with the Dukan diet.

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.