Newbie on JUDDD

I have to do his meals every day and I even cook breakfast the night before and leave it in the fridge for him as he's away at 5am some mornings, very very hard on a DD, it helps that he eats lo carb so I never really want to eat anything I'm making for him LOL.

I just think about what I can have tomorrow, it's only tomorrow after all, not 3 months time and then I can have a treat type thinking!!

I often do my food shopping on a DD, I have found my shopping bill has gone down as I want to get in and out of the supermarket as quickly as possible, mad isn't it!!

I've had a couple of tough DD's this week, which I was surprised about as I thought week 4 would be easier, but I do a DD on a Saturday and always fly through that because I'm busy and out and about and I still get to go to costas for my grande americano hahahahahaha.

I have found using the VLCD packs on a DD to be much easier, as I'm not thinking about food at all, it's just open packet and add water, I can easily go until about 1pm before I have anything, which makes it easier as well.

You'll find your balance soon, it just takes a wee while xx

What VLCD'S do you use? I've looked at the cals on slim fast and they're quite high?

Thank you for your kind wise words:)

I'm finding today better than Tuesday which was my first DD, I've had a nice healthy lunch. It's this time though that I'm dreading between 3.30-7.00 I find I'm ravenous, I literally want to eat everything in sight. I can go all day and not think about food but come this witching hour/s I go and ruin the good work I've done.

I was just doing my shopping online and I found that really really hard, I thrive on buying and cooking nice meals for my family, instead I had to think about what I can get for when I'm on a DD. The saving grace I've got is that hubbies going to be working away a bit next week and the kids are easy to do things for when I'm on a DD.

Ikwym. I have 8 to cook for here and I used to find it difficult. I have to start the food before my DD ends or as it ends each day ( that day is easier) and watch them all scoff it! Then OH spends all evening knocking back sweets, wine, crisps, pizza and buttered crumpets. He weighs 8 stone! I am now immune to temptation even when he has Food Network on all evening ( I swear it's a conspiracy) ;)

Hope your day got easier, it sounds like you have some yummy and filling food planned to make the most of your calories.

It doesn't appear to be much of a pattern to which DD fly by without difficulty and which ones are a real struggle. I was pleasantly surprised how easy the first 2 were but then struggled on the 3rd one. No real difference in the pattern of one day either. I guess it all keeps us on our toes!

As far as I know tracy, add boiling water (twice the amount as cous cous I think), bring back to the boil and remove from heat and let it sit for 5mins. You might want to add stock, or some roasted veg to it to give it more flavour xx

As far as I know tracy, add boiling water (twice the amount as cous cous I think), bring back to the boil and remove from heat and let it sit for 5mins. You might want to add stock, or some roasted veg to it to give it more flavour xx

I've got veg and a chicken breast roasting as we speak.

Diary for Thursday DD

BREAKFAST

None:(

LUNCH

Sausages and roast veg

DINNER

Roast chicken breast
Roast veg
couscous

SNACKS

485 cals

Looks like a good down day to me! I struggled today as it was an up day, man its hard! I'm having a down day tomorrow, was meant to be an up day but 2 up days in a row feels pointless .

Excellent on the food front. I've been doing the ups and downs since about October and I still find some DD hard and others not too bad at all. I think it's just persevering that's key because you always know you can give your willpower a bit of a rest the next day x

A naughty WI is showing a 3lb loss, but it's on my wii which is normally similar to the scales at WW. Which is the lightest I've been in years.

Well done on the loss. How many down days have u had with that loss. U can also get the Atkins at sainsburys. I think they are cheaper than tescos at the moment by 50p

Well done on the loss. How many down days have u had with that loss. U can also get the Atkins at sainsburys. I think they are cheaper than tescos at the moment by 50p

Thank you.

It's been 4 days, 2 up, 2 down. Yesterday was a DD.

Well done on your WI hon. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Looking good on the scales front, when is official wi? Generally I find if I have 4 down days each wk I can lose about 2lbs. Not every week as usually have one week every few where I stall with an sts but generally it is quite consistent.

Back