newbie over from ww wants to say hi :)

blossom102

Silver Member
Hey guys!!
Starting atkins tomorrow and feeling quite positive, iv lost 22lbs on weight watchers but its just so boring now!
Iv done atkins before and really enjoyed it the short few weeks I was on it! But wasn't in any diet frame of mind back then, but now I no I can diet without feeling deprived,I'd like to do atkins to lose the last 20lbs!
Iv got a meal to go to on thursday evening at tgi fridays, can anyone suggest anything induction friendly or do I just eat steak and not chips?and then saturday I'm out so will diet coke and vodka be okay?I no it may stall me slightly but I no after saturday ill be back on track and won't be going out for weeks!!!
I love reading all your posts!
Love sarah xxxxxx

Welcome, sounds like you have got it worked out with your events out, just don't go overboard and you will be fine :D

Thankyou for your reply hun, realy hoping I can do this, bit worried about tgi fridays but will just have to have the steak and pretend the chips arnt there, do you know if the cheeseburger pie is okay for induction?(As thinking if I fill up on that for lunch I won't care about tgi chips in the evening lol ) X

Hi Sarah

Welcome and good luck - not that you will need luck, this is a great way of eating :)

Cheeseburger pie is fine for induction. I find I do better on induction if I keep things simple - grilled meat and salad - with the occasional Mim or Atkins chocolate.

Susie

Hi and welcome Sarah. I love the buffalo chicken wings at tfi, and the sauce is 0 carbs. They also do lovely salads and steaks and will make you anything you want.

Have a good first week on Atkins.

Thankyou for the advice and kind words girls, just made cheeseburger pie to freeze for lunches this week, cannot wait to start my atkins journey and be a skinny minnie!!! Thanks xxxxxxxx

welcome and good luck.
is that sauce really no carbs? no sugar?

welcome and good luck.
is that sauce really no carbs? no sugar?

Yup it is. :D I found some recently, it's called Frank's red hot sauce- original recipe. 0 carbs. It's ingredients are cayenne pepper, vinegar, salt, natural flavor and garlic powder. They do make a lot of different sauces though and some probably do have carbs.

How is your week going blossom102?

Yup it is. :D I found some recently, it's called Frank's red hot sauce- original recipe. 0 carbs. It's ingredients are cayenne pepper, vinegar, salt, natural flavor and garlic powder. They do make a lot of different sauces though and some probably do have carbs.

How is your week going blossom102?

hi hun,iv just completed day 2 and im feeling rough,i posted somthing last night about me going into ketosis real quick(already have ALL the symptoms) which i thought was odd,and today iv woke up with headache which hasn't shifted alll day!!!! iv drank as much water as i can possible drink without being sick,i had egg,ham and lettuce for breakfast, and chicken and mayo with lettuce for lunch,after that i couldnt even look at food,i just feel quite sick when i think about eating,not hungry at all!!! am i allowed to have any of the atkins shakes on induction ???as i really think they would help,otherwise im going to have to forcefeed myself lol have you been on atkins long???x

Hi Blossom and welcome,hope you feel better soon.I find the headache only usually lasts about 24hrs then I feel great.
lorna x

Hope your feeling better blossom. I've done atkins on and off for a couple of years. I feel best on this plan because I think I have a wheat intolerance.

Your doing everything right. I sometimes have a shake or atkins breakfast bar, if I can't face eating anything in the morning. Think it will be ok if you just have a couple a week.

welcome to the forum x

Hi guys!! Feeling much better! Woke up this morning with a killer head but its gona now! :) still not hungry tho! I forced down half a small tray of kebab meat from the chipshop with lettuce and mayo, and going to try and eat some eggs,bit of veg and bacon for dinner ;)
Wil not eating much effect ketosis or anything??? How's everyone else's day been?? Xxx

I've had a difficult month with 'events' so far this month.

went to a wedding this weekend, and decided to have a 'day-off' Atkins, as the food was a set-menu and I thought there was just no way I could last all day eating a tiny amount of meat...so having already had canape's and champagne to push me over my carb limit for the day...what gets served up? a massive piece of Beef and veg, and the buffet at the night-do had plenty of chicken and mini-burgers! sods law! I could have easily stuck to the diet!

Today work shove me on a training course, with buffet lunch provided...which was carb-central, so again I have had to stray. I thought picking out the meat from the sandwiches, and the prawns from the volovants would have drawn curious looks from the management in attendance!

also got another wedding do, a 40th birthday party and meal this month.

just having to keep being really good the day after and get back into Ketosis quickly. Think I've found a big advantage of doing a diet in January...nobody invites you anywhere so you can stay in and eat meat and cheese!

I've had a difficult month with 'events' so far this month.

went to a wedding this weekend, and decided to have a 'day-off' Atkins, as the food was a set-menu and I thought there was just no way I could last all day eating a tiny amount of meat...so having already had canape's and champagne to push me over my carb limit for the day...what gets served up? a massive piece of Beef and veg, and the buffet at the night-do had plenty of chicken and mini-burgers! sods law! I could have easily stuck to the diet!

Today work shove me on a training course, with buffet lunch provided...which was carb-central, so again I have had to stray. I thought picking out the meat from the sandwiches, and the prawns from the volovants would have drawn curious looks from the management in attendance!

also got another wedding do, a 40th birthday party and meal this month.

just having to keep being really good the day after and get back into Ketosis quickly. Think I've found a big advantage of doing a diet in January...nobody invites you anywhere so you can stay in and eat meat and cheese!

It can be real tough going out when ur trying to diet! Luckily I'm of to tgis tmoro, which means I can eat :D, the real test will be not eating after a night on the vodka n diet coke! Lol kebab won't hurt too much I guess but I loveeeee chips!!! :D. All you can do it try ur best!! And goodluck hun xx

Hi guys!! Feeling much better! Woke up this morning with a killer head but its gona now! :) still not hungry tho! I forced down half a small tray of kebab meat from the chipshop with lettuce and mayo, and going to try and eat some eggs,bit of veg and bacon for dinner ;)
Wil not eating much effect ketosis or anything??? How's everyone else's day been?? Xxx

You do need to make sure that yr eating well as you need the food/fat to help burn the fat iyswim. Plus it helps the body stay in fat burning ketosis, you will struggle to lose weight if yr not eating enough as yr body will cling onto its reserves.

Oh & welcome btw. xxx

You do need to make sure that yr eating well as you need the food/fat to help burn the fat iyswim. Plus it helps the body stay in fat burning ketosis, you will struggle to lose weight if yr not eating enough as yr body will cling onto its reserves.

Oh & welcome btw. xxx

Thanks for your post hun! how are you?, and I think that's what's happened, I'd lost 4lbs by day 3, and now its gone up and I'm bloated!!! So so angry, my appetite had completly disapeared!!!
I have the next 9days off work,which is the rest of my two week induction
So I'm hoping that I can try and eat better, as while I'm at work I struggle to get low carb foods,
Iv tried taking my own food in, it just never looks appetising!
But this next 9 days I hope to discover more atkins friendly foods!( Not a big meat eater) lol
Really frustrated!!! Xxxx

I know what you mean about not being hungry, I struggle too. Look up the cheeseburger pie recipe on this site also if you have the new book there are some good vegetarian ideas.

Enjoy your time off work.

Hi Sarah, I'm late to the party but welcome love. :)

Hey Blossom, how you getting on? You managing ok?

Back