Newbie Posting Privileges and Links Policy!

I have just made a big pan of vegetable curry all free just wondering do I also have to have 1/3 speed on my plate?The curry has tomatoes, cauliflower, mushrooms, onions, garlic, green beans,carrots and peas plus curry powder:)

Hi all

Newbie as from today ! So many great ideas and inspiration on this site !

Been following Slimming world for the past week . Classes not for me, so attempting on my own with support of these amazing forums !

Just finding my way around the site and getting to used to how it all works !

Hi yes husband home from hospital he's had a Ms relapse trying to stick to plan now was weighed Thursday and maintained but got my bronze body magic awardgot all my meals planned out for next few days hows everyone else doing?
Well done for maintaining and also for being able to plan your meals ahead (I'm useless at that :oops:) Good luck with weigh-in this week x

Hello everyone! I am now on my second week of slimming world and have lost 7lbs so far. It's going to be a long journey but I'm looking forward to it and looking forward to finding recipes and inspirations on here!

Hi everyone.

I'm new to minimins and have just started back to SW this week. I have used SW before, 4 years ago, and I lost 4 stone. I kept my weight stable for a year, but it all went downhill due to severe illness. I've had treatment and I'm starting to get better, but the physical side is very challenging. My muscles have gotten alot weaker, so retraining them is tough and it will be a long road ahead. But, I'm determined to lose the weight I gained (4.5 stone) and get my body back to what it was. I've lost alot of self esteem and it will be lovely to get it back and feel happy when I look in the mirror again.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say that SW does work! It worked for me when I was a teenager to lose 2 stone, and it worked for me 4 years ago to lose 4 stone. I know with perseverance it will work for me again at 26 and it will work for you too!

I don't go to group, but I do SW online, so it would be nice to chat to all of the lovely people on here and share recipes, slimming tips and offer support. Looking forward to meeting you all :) x

Hi everyone just popped in to say Hallo. I joined SW 24 Jan 2015 weighing in over 20st. I lost 6st which was my second target and went on to become a Diamond Target Member 12 Mar 2017. I left SW end of March for personal reasons but have still remained within a couple of pound of target. I was told about this forum and am pleased with the wide range of posts. If I can be of help to anyone please feel free. May I wish everyone good luck in their journeys.

Hi all x I have joined here today but have done sw before and am nearly at my target this time. I really need a kick up the proverbial to get me to my goal x

I am 60 and fairly fit - well I walk a lot - usually with my husband and sometimes with our twin grandsons aged 3 xx

We are going on holiday to Cape Verde in 4 weeks and I would have liked target for then - I could do it if I gave up life but I will crept any loss between now and then.

Hopefully I will be able to share recipes and help with other members xx

Hi all! I've been reading minimins posts for a little while now and decided to join up today. The success stories and the honest low feelings are motivating/relatable.

I am in my first week of the Cambridge diet, step 2. Never done a 'proper' diet like this before and really hoping it goes well!

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say been following forums for a while now, so helpful on syn values, and eventually decided would be a Good Thing if I joined! Following SW from home, as can't drive to get to groups and they wouldn't let me join online as I have a kidney disease. They said that people with kidney diseases often lose weight so it skews the results ....... all I can say to that is, I wish! So ha!, to them, following them anyway. I have progressive MS too and find it difficult to exercise, so harder to lose weight due to low mobility. Finally decided to join as managed to lose the huge amount of half a stone but have now ground to a halt, so guessing I need more encouragement! Cooking is left to hb these days so that is a huge handicap to overcome haha, you will all probably be able to hear me yelling 'speed veg!' , at him for the ten millionth time this week, not often you see a grown woman begging on her knees for cabbage .... well, I would do if I could get up again from them . So throwing my lot in with you lovely people, hey, maybe I could get him to join too and then you could all joint me in yelling at him, bless him ........ ..... Lovely to meet you all and looking forward to posting.

Hello Everyone!
I am new to this site, came across it by accident. I lost an amazing amount of weight going to Slimming World weekly in the UK about 15 years ago, and maintained it for the longest while. I now live in Canada, and went back over time to my old ways and embarrassingly put all the weight back on. Unbelievable! Not impressed with myself, but starting Slimming World again 3 days ago. Looking forward to chatting to all you good people, who like me are motivated by support.

Hello, 2nd time of doing slimming world, last time I lost around 2.5 stone!! However start of a new relationship last year saw me pile it all back on! So now me and my partner are doing SlimmingWorld together! Been on it for 12 weeks now, slowly losing the pounds, hopefully to keep off for good now! Thought I'd just say hello to everyone☺☺

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I just started Slimming World. I've always found it difficult dieting but I'm hoping to stick to this diet. :)

Hello and welcome.

I hope the plan goes well for you. I started slimming world a few weeks back. Had a good couple of weeks but have struggled the last two - some bad habits creeping back in plus a stinking cold. But I'm planned up for the next week so hoping to get back on it and keep at the good habits. I've spent years building up bad habits so it makes sense it's going to take some effort to sort them out.

Good luck! :)

Hi, new member here. I’m on my third week of slimming world, 6lbs lost so far. Have set a target in my head of two stone but will see how it goes as may not have that much to loose. Just want to feel comfortable in my clothes and to get rid of the bumpy bits round the edges. Hope you all get too where you want to be

Hi, new member here. I’m on my third week of slimming world, 6lbs lost so far. Have set a target in my head of two stone but will see how it goes as may not have that much to loose. Just want to feel comfortable in my clothes and to get rid of the bumpy bits round the edges. Hope you all get too where you want to be

Hi I started 3 weeks ago too! Ive only lost 4 lbs though. Welcome!

Back