Newbie question - low fat spread

Wants to Be Slim

Hi all
I have over 13 stone to loose, so i can imagine me being about a lot!!

Got my tablets on Friday. No problems so far, except being lethargic, don't know if that's normal.
I have a question about spread to put on bread or toast. Normally on sandwiches i would just have low fat mayo, but even that is very high in fat (26g per 100, i think from memory!) and all the low fat spread seem to be high too. What do you all use? I'm not too worried about toast as i can cope with only either Marmite or Streamline jam, but i might struggle with sandwiches.

i've been using quark (virtually fat free soft cheese) and i put a bit of salt and garlic powder or chives in it. i dont think extra light hellmas mayo is fatty, its something silly like 15kcals per tble spoon! i started friday too :)

Hi and welcome. None of the so called low fat spreads come in under the 5g per 100 Xenical rules. You might get away with a scraping but that would be all. I use Hellmans "lighter than light" mayo or Tesco extra light mayo, it is 4.7g per 100 so just scrapes in under the 5g. I also use Laughing Cow extra light triangles, these are fab and only 2g of fat per 100.
Some people like quark, in my opinion it is the food of the devil, had one taste and dumped the rest but each to his own! Good luck and keep posting,

KB

I did away with all spreads completely last year, when I lost 3 stone, and I am glad I did now the Doc has put me on Xenical. I use things like sliced tomatoes; crisp lettuce; cottage cheese or low fat cheese slices to add interest to my sandwiches. In fact I am just having my bed time treat of a sandwich consisting of 2 x thin slices of wholemeal bread, sliced tomatoes and 3 slices of Pastrami, total calories count, about 200.

BTW I am going to get some Laughing Cow cheese as a couple of my ladies have recommended it to me.

I have extra light laughing cow cheese triangles in my sandwiches with tons of salad.

If I am having a vege sausage sandwich, instead of tomato ketchup I use a bit of tomato puree.

I use branston tomato and pepper relish on sandwiches, I didn't like the e.l mayo either.

Good luck and keep posting :)

ohhh the relish sounds delish... i like that one..
does anyone know if the branston pickle is under?

oghhh id forgotten about that.... :) dances around the room...

I have now found onion relish which I find a god send, I eat a lot of chicken salads with no potatoes and the relish really makes the salad tasty !!

I had 2 bagels last night. One with Quark and Streamline Jam - was very nice. The other with the extra light laughing cow! Yummy yum. I will go and look at the relish. Will be handy to have something like that in.

Been for a sneaky weigh - official day isn't until tomorrow. But i have lost 8lbs!!!!

I have cinnamon and raisin bagels with philidelphia extra light, SO nice :D

Back