Newbie saying hello

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by pinkpanda, 1 August 2010 Social URL.

1. pinkpanda

pinkpanda Member

Hi,

Been reading these forums for a while now and wanted to finally pop in to say hello.

Joined a club back in May and lost 7lb but lost the plot, so rejoined online, and lost the plot again. Just got back from Cyprus and decided that I need to get my act together and try and lose some this side of Christmas.

I am trying to decide whether to update my online subscription or whether to go it alone with the help of this board. I would rather save the money, but am not sure whether SW online is really worth it. What do you all think...or maybe I should rejoin a club....heellpppp :confused:

Thanks for reading

Lynn xx

Last edited: 1 August 2010
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

Hello!!!

If it isnt possible for you to physically get to a group, which would be THE best way to make sure you stay on plan, and money is tight, it is perfectly possible to go it "alone" with the support of the board, and many people do. You have to be that little bit more self-disciplined without the "threat" of going to group and WI weekly, but there are plenty of people that DO that just fine and are doing really well. It depends I suppose how much you used the online site in the past and how much benefit it gave you.

Welcome in, whatever you decide!!

4. cross1

cross1 New Member

Start Weight:
    22st1lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with madamelaminx, what I would say is, doing it online you definately need more will power, but at least your here and registered now like me... wish you the best whichever way you decide.

5. clambertina

clambertina Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(19.07%)
    Hello :wavey:

If you have the will power then do it at home, I need that extra "push" so I go to class.

Should you re-join then why not have buy a countdown and that way you will save a little money.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do, but remember to come on here for lots of ideas and support :)

6. pinkpanda

pinkpanda Member

Hi guys

thanks for your input and advice. I do use bodyoptimise online but maybe not everyday. Maybe I am better going to class for a while. There is another class near to me which is a bit earlier than my last class, (nothing wrong with the old one, just found i was starving come the end of it lol). I may give it a go.

Thanks

Lynn

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.