newbie start slimming world Tuesday!

Good luck :)

I'm restarting SW tomorrow although can't afford classes at the moment.

I'm sure you'll do , look forward to seeing your results :)

Hi shelly let me know how u get on on wednesday & good luck how cool would that be losing weight when you feel like your eating more ! Keep me updated xxx

Mrsorangecat I wish I could do it on my own with just the mags & using the net but I'm too thick lol anyways I can help you when I've found stuff out & if you put a food diary on people can advise on any mistakes ! I too would like to be simlar goal weight I do like the idea of being 9 st 7lbs hope its not just another dream xxx

Ha ha!! I was debating between that or burger and chips earlier on - the fish and chips won!!! (this time!!!!).

Now on the hunt for something for dessert!!! Its funny - I never used to eat dessert before SW but I do now!!

Would you believe that eh? Burgers chips fish chips desserts mmm oh it just sounds fab I pray it works for me ! Please oh please let it work for me !

It will work for you if you follow the plan!!!! (says me who doesn't ALL the time!!). Look forward to hearing how you find it :)

Hey loulousw8, welcome to SW!! I also thought it was too good to be true, but I've now lost 51lb (3 stone 9lb) and can't believe how much food I can eat!! Admittedly, it hasn't been the fastest weight loss rate in the world, but in my opinion this is how it should be done! If I've learnt anything it's to be very patient! Some weeks I've been rewarded for my efforts, and some weeks I haven't, but the trick for me has been to keep going and eventually I have reaped the benefits! I've felt fab anyway because I've been eating healthily/upping my exercise a bit (in the form of walking mainly) so if I ever have a bad day or don't see the results I'd like on the scales, I just think what's the point in giving it all up, to go back to my previous weight and lifestyle- no thanks!!

In terms of cost, it can be expensive buying so much fresh fruit and veg, lean cuts of meat, healthy extra cereal bars etc etc, but it doesn't have to be! There are many cost effective ways of buying, such as buying things in bulk like pasta, rice, potatoes, a whole salmon and getting them to fillet it at the fish counter ( cheaper than buying individual fillets), buying cheaper cuts of meat for example I recently bought a ham hock for £2 in my local market and you can use it to make sandwiches, soups like pea & ham, salads etc etc. Also look out for bargains and special offers at supermarkets- keep eye out for useful threads on here like http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/40089-where-bargains-anything-else-thats-useful.html. I find that buying supermarket brand versions of things saves a lot of money! I'm going through a Weetabix phase at the moment, and the other day I picked up a box of 48 of Lidls own 'Bixies' for £1.29. Also cooking in bulk and freezing things helps your money go a long way! The key is being organised!

All the best at your first WI and I really hope you enjoy SW!! It's just healthy eating with a structure to it really!!X

Wow wow wow funcurls what an inspiration what a fantastic loss well done its fantastic & thanks so much for all the info & ideas its just so kind I'm actually overwhelmed at the response from you all its so nice of you . I hope I too am as successful as you all & really mean this when I say thanks xxx

I'm sure you will be very successful!! I think it all boils down to a combination of how much you want it and whether it's the right time for you to finally face your demons and 'just do it'! I've tried all sorts of ways to lose weight over the years but this is the only time I've felt everything click into place and found something that I KNOW is right for me!! Have you got lots to lose hun, or just a stone or 2? You don't have to say if you don't want to, I'm just curious!!XXX

Hi I don't mind saying its 3 stone now or just under was 4 & a bit but I managed to lose over a stone & a half by cutting out a lot of thing and small portions for tea I'd have bran flakes for breakfast salad with 1 piece of cooked ham a slim soup as a snack then beans on 2 pieces of nimble wholemeal bread then a horlicks for tea it worked & I was happy but I got to a certain weight I needed to get under but I hovered around it for about 2 weeks going up. Lb down a lb so then I tried meal reps ketosis and I did a week lost 7lb got under the number but felt awful ill & my kids kept saying why can't you have juice or eat food I realised it wasn't right so gave up friday nite so have had 2 days of eating again & will prob put the 7lbs I lost back on but I don't care coz if I do then I don't believe they were really lost & just water just means I've prob wasted a week of doing well in a healthy way now as long as I don't gain I don't care if it takes a year to sort my weight as its all about healthy living not quick loss & I understand this now I just got obsessed I couldn't get to this particular num ! Xxx

Don't get disheartened if you do gain a bit at first after following such a strict plan, lots of peeps convert to SW after things like LighterLife and gain before they lose again. It's so easy to get obsessed, I must say I'm completely obsessed with SW, but I do feel it's a healthy obsession, just because I enjoy it so much!! Looking at what you were eating even before the ketosis thing, it doesn't look very much! On SW you can have a cooked brekkie- eggs, low syn sausages, lean bacon, mushrooms, baked beans, tomato. Normally I either have an omlette, maybe with some mushrooms and/or baked beans and/or Quorn sausages or Weetabix or porridge with skimmed milk and loads of fruit on top. I think it's important to vary your food quite a bit to keep it interesting and to keep your body fooled! It responds well to change! See my food diary (link below) where I post everything I eat every day! Off to Spain for a few days Thurs so won't post while I'm away!

You say it's going to be a long journey, and I suppose it will be, but when I started out I had 72lb (5 stone 2lb) to lose and now I've got 21lb left to go- I can't actually believe I've come so far and enjoyed my food so much!! When people ask me how I've done it I feel like a bit of a fraud! I know I sound like an advert, but I really can't praise SW enough!!X

Back