Newbie starting Lsimfast tomorrow

mon1cat

Hi all! Im new to this forum. Im monica, im 23 and i have 2 lovely children a 3 year old daughter and a son who is 20 weeks. I am 5ft 4 and weigh around 12 stone so i know im overweight and need to shed some pounds. Ive tried weight watchers, slimming world and rosemary conley but all the counting of syns, points and calories for each thing i ate sent me mad so i am ashamed to say i wasnt able to stick to any of them. :(

I have read the information on slim fast and it seems so much easier because i replace 2 meals and then just count 600cals for my evening meal plus i can have 2 100 cal snacks (is this right :confused:)

If anyone knows where there are offers on at the mo that would be fab as my local asda isnt doing the 2 for £5 deal.

Many thanks for reading, if anyone has any advice/tips they would be greatly received!

Monica xx

:sign0007:sorry just realised my title should say starting Slimfast tomorrow not Lsimfast!!

why dont you have a banana shake in the morning and another shake at lunch time and a small meal for your dinner and fruit in between i put weight on with slimfast as it has hidden sugars in it so be carefull and good luck,

Hi Monica
Welcome! You can actually have upto 3 100cal snacks not 2. We have a Slimfast Challenge every month where we all report our weigh in results. Why don't you join in. Everyone here is really nice and friendly and will offer lots of support and motivation.

Try Tescos or Boots for offers if your asda doesn't have any on.

Good luck
BL x

Thankyou very much for your reply. Ive been to asda this morning and got a tub of the chocolate shake, 1 smoothie, 2 ready made shakes, loads of fruit, a packet of chicken and mushroom soup (SF) and 2 of the chocolate and caramel snack bars. I think this should be enough to get me through week 1.

Im having my first shake at the mo and its quite nice actually. I thought today i would have a snack of fruit at around 11am and my shake at 1pm and then dinner at 6pm followed by one of the chocolate bars in the evening when i get my snacking urge.

Does this sound ok?
Monica xx

BL i think our posts crossed! Thanks for your welcome and im happy to know i can have 3 snacks a day i will add an extra piece of fruit to my plan at around 3:30pm. It will mean there isnt too much of a gap between then and my eveining meal!

Thanks again!
Monica xx

Sounds great to me! You seem to have gotten your head around it already. If you are hungry in between you can have another snack. If you are having fruit just check the calories, you can have quite a bit for the allowance. 100 cal is about 2 apples or 3 satsumas or 2 peaches. You don't have to eat your snack all at once. I treat it as an extra 300 cal per day of allowance and might have 50 cal in the morning then 150 in the afternoon. It doesn't matter as long as you don't go over!

Hope that helps
BL x

hi again thats a really good tip thanks i tend to snack in the evening more than during the day. Also, i was wondering if i could put ice cubes in with my shake and blend it up so its more like an ice cream shake without the ice cream lol? Also i know i can drink water but can i put any squash in it or anything like that and what about tea and coffee can i have any? Sorry for all the silly questions!

Monica xx

They aren't silly questions at all. Yes you can put ice cubes in the shakes. I do it all the time and its fine. SF say you can drink low-calorie or calorie-free drinks, tea and coffee (with skimmed milk and sweetener), or herbal and fruit teas at any time. I tend to drink water or cordial but never really count any drinks unless they are alcohol.

Hope that helps!

yep it helps a great deal thanks a lot!

Well ive decided to keep a diary of what i eat and drink on this thread that way if things start to go wrong hopefully we can figure out where i went wrong :)

so today i have had the following:

10am Slimfast peach and mango smoothie
12 noon Snack a kacks mini bites (115kcal)
1:30pm Slimfast chocolate shake
3:30pm 1 apple (48 kcal)
6:30pm evening meal: Chicken in memphis style barbecue sauce (391 kcal) 1 asda gfy jacket potato with cheese (170 ckal)

So my snack and evening meal total allowance is 900 kcal and ive had 724 so i can still have 126 calories. Ive had my 2L of water mixed with a low calorie cordial as well which is good. I have to say i feel very satisfied and full. Tomorrow im trying the soup for the first time which im looking forward to really. I can see this being a diet i can stick to.

I think i will have either a packet of quavers (88 kcal) or a SF choc caramel bar (94 kcal) for my snack later on. Even after having them ive still had less calories than im allowed. Or have i got this completely wrong??

Monica x

Hi Monica
No you are completely right and on track. It is a fab diet and quite easy to stick to. Enjoy your snack later on and good luck with the rest of the week!
BL x

thankyou BL for your reply i thought i was eating way too much and didnt know if i had to take into account the amount of fat as well as calories but if its just calories then thats great! I like it because it seems that nothing is off limits (well, apart from a few things) and i can eat loads. Normally at this time i would be snacking on crisps or popcorn or chocolate but i dont even want anything to drink let alone anything to eat!!

I do think the chocolate caramel bars are very filling for a snack bar though i love them. have ordered a 24 pack from boots!

No its only calories you need to count. I think I eat more on this diet than I did before I started it so I love it. Any diet that allows me to much on chocolate without having to feel guilty is great in my books!

Looking forward to hearing your losses this week!
BL x

Morning all well heres my plan for today:

8:30am Asda Measure up shake (a bit sweet and sickly)

10am No snack

12:30pm Slimfast Chicken and Mushroom Soup

3:30pm 1 apple (48kcals)

5pm: Meal at my Grandmas consisting of a pasta course and then meat with salad and peppers (which sounds healthy but the peppers are drenched in oil, vinegar, salt and garlic) :break_diet:

Late evening: No snack

Im hoping that because i havent had 2 of my snacks it will compensate for the huge amount of calories im gonna consume at my grandmas. She doesnt believe in diets and thinks you should accept the way you look because its the body you were given.

Do you think my plan is ok or should i still have my snacks?

Monica x

Hi,
I'm new too, you seem to be doing really well, do you find writing it all down helps you stay on track?
I too love the caramel bars, i used to keep mine in the cupboard but seem to eat them to quickly like that so now put them in the fridge, they last so much longer when hard :)
x

Icemagic yes i find if i write it all down and dont miss anything out it does keep me on track. When i first started it i thought 600cals for my main meal was not enough i didnt realise just how much it was! Plus the 300kcal of snacks a day really helps. How long have you been doing SF for? If you buy from boots they have 3 for 2 on SF at the mo plus you get 200 extra advantage points if you spend over £10. If you shop online go through quidco as you also get cashback.

Forgot to say i also keep my caramel bars in the fridge because i find they last longer. Also if you put ice cubes in your shake and blitz the whole lot up in a blender you get no lumps and its like a mcdonalds shake without the icecream lol.

its been 3 weeks since i started seriously and im 9 pounds down, i did have a feeble attempt for a few weeks before and got nowhere fast but my mind is into it now.
I may have to start writing it down myself if it helps, i work shifts and not set shifts so it can get difficult when 1 day your on a late followed by an early etc and long days (double shifts ) but think i just about have it sorted now, i always have a smoothie for brekkie and if in on an early i take my snack into work then have a shake when i get home and a meal at night, then if on a late i have my brekkie and luchtime is my main meal and take a meal bar for tea at work grrrrrr, lates i find harder tho as i work in a nursing home and tea time is yummy cakes etc which i do tend to pick at, once i get over that i will be happy.
You sound like you have yourself sorted.
Do you have much to lose? i have near on 5 stone to shift.
x

i have 2st 7lb to lose. im a student nurse so i understand the difficulty when working shifts. i qualify in march and i cant wait. My next placement is community so im thinking about taking a shake or a smoothie in the car with me with a bottle of water and then i can drink inbetween visits and hopefully not get hungry. i think im on top of it. i just cant get over how much i can still eat!

Back