newbie starting slimming world needs help

lasttime said:
Hi guys, need some feedback on todays menu, i think im ok but can you tell me whats missing if anything or what i need to add???

brekkie
2 x quorn sausages baked
1 tomatoe baked
2 eggs in frylight
1/3 tin baked beans

1 cup tea with sweetner (splenda) 30mls semi skimmed milk(from 250mls he?)

lunch was my version of chilli

1/2 pack tesco root veggies for mashing(cubed potatoes,carrots and swede)
1 onion
1/2 pack quorn mince
1 bovril stock cube
1 tin tesco value chopped tomatoes
1/2 carton tesco passata (sieved tomatoes)
mild chilli powder
all free so far????

basmati brown tesco rice boiled (free?)
salt and vinegar to taste...
1 tbs fat free tesco light choices normandy fromage frais (free?) (on top of chilli) i know im weird!

plus eeeek....3 hobnob biscuits (not chocolate ones) 9 sins??????
1 shape zero yoghurt free?

and now i wonder if i i still have 2 healthy extra b's and 1 a left??

what about tesco diet coke???? is that allowed at all??? if so is it a sin or he?.....anybody???

As far as I'm away tesco diet coke is free it's all diet soft drinks

diet coke and all sugar free drinks will be free.

Hobnobs are 3.5 syns each. Light hobnobs are 3 syns each.

I'm not so good at green but it looks fine to me (and still have the HEx's to go). Breakfast sounded delicious :drool: but I'd need to syn brown sauce to go with that as well ;)

Gail x

OMG HELP!!!!!
The only thing i added to the above menu was that i had 2 x shredded wheat with my hex milk and i get up this morning and weight just to ensure im doing this right and i have gained 3lb!!!!!!! my scales are accurate as i dont move them and i use the wii fit balance board...what did i do wrong somebody help meeeee!!!!

Lunch was sw bolognaise with sw chips Half plate full of chips to be exact! eeek....plus a shape zero yoghurt and a banana....

Great that you've started! What I would say is that you're having a lot of chips :) Now, that's not necessarily bad, but with half a plate piled high with chips, you're not having your 1/3 superfree...

What I would suggest, (and it is just a suggestion) is that you shouldmake sure that when you do your chips, they are taking up 1/3 of your plate, and that you make sure another 1/3 is SUPERFREE food... think, carrots/mushrooms/peppers/onions/salad, whatever! The aim is to try and fill up on superfree foods, and to make them your snack of choice. At dinner time that's easy, because you also have potatoes/pasta and some protein. Not always so easy when you're looking for a snack as, sometimes, fruit and veg just won't cut it.

I'd make a start by making sure that whenever you sit down to a meal, you make sure that you have your 1/3 superfree. Even if you're having toast/cereal for breakfast, have a banana and a satsuma!

Hope that sheds somelight on the subject!

OMG HELP!!!!!
The only thing i added to the above menu was that i had 2 x shredded wheat with my hex milk and i get up this morning and weight just to ensure im doing this right and i have gained 3lb!!!!!!! my scales are accurate as i dont move them and i use the wii fit balance board...what did i do wrong somebody help meeeee!!!!

This is the problem with weighing yourself daily. Pick a time and a day and weigh yourself only then. Your body will fluctuate in weight throughout the day/week and you may be holding on to some water.

only had the chips twice though in the week and had lost a pound yesterday when i got up....im pretty sure i did it all right yesterday with what i ate yet i gained 3lb.....im so confused and feel totally deflated.....going to try to get to a group tonight!!!! i gotta enrol so i can see where im going wrong...boohooo sob sob....

Right that does it....here is todays menu so far....

brekkie
2 x quorn sausages (baked dry)
1 egg (fry light)
1 tin tesco value baked beans

1 cup of tea 2 x sweetners 20 mls milk from hex 250

so far.....

lunch...
basmati rice plain, yesterdays free chilli, (i checked it was all free)
1 banana
1 small glass diet coke....

so far...

Last edited:
Wow. You really mean business. WELL DONE !

Remember (and this is SOOOOO important) - any mid week weigh in's DO NOT count. I bounce around a lot over the week (I used to be a bit more consistent but now I can vary up to about 3 lbs during the week). I would suggest (this is a do as I say, not as I do !!) not weighing mid week for the first few weeks until you get established. Then after that, if you want to then go ahead. But whatever you decide, ignore the mid week weights and don't let it either let you become complacent or think 'blow it'. Just keep at it and the weight will come off. I'm so excited for you.

Keep us posted.

Gail x

thanks i will ignore them....havnt got much of an appetite today anyway, so far one banana and 1 sandwhich with laughing cow and hex b. first thing i have eaten since yesterday lunch as i was so full from that i could not however much i tried eat anything without wanting to throw up! so i guess this is working to curb my appetite if nothing else lol!

Lucky you. Sadly nothing curbs my appetite..........:p

Gail x

P.S. If you want to know how much weight varies in a week/fortnight I can post you my daily weights for the last fortnight - there is a variation of up to 5 lbs within a week !!!

I find the best thing about slimming world is the snacking aspect. I always get the late night munchies and usually I would go straight for buttery toast!!! But now I have fat free super noodles, at first I felt guilty thinking surly this isn't going to help me loose weight but it does!!

I've just started doing slimming world again, I've had success in the past but always got lazy, this time I am determined to stick to it!!!

Good Luck

Good luck monksmi and welcome to SW.

Gail x

Thanks!!

I made slimming world carbonara for my tea tonight!!
The only un -free thing in it was a small amount of cheese in the sauce...... and it was a tiny amount. It was delish and totally satisfying :)

Yummy. Where did you get the recipe from ?

Gail x

wooooh sounds nice, i still havnt got much of an appetite, im wondering if it is the kellogs fibre plus bars that are destroying it??? or my chilli lol not had that much today just a sandwhich at lunch and egg fried rice for tea with frylight of course, im eating fruit tho apple and 2 banans to stop my body thinking im starving it and hoarding all the fat, i have to say i did manage my hob nob sin lol but im sure tomorrow i will eat like crazy....i hope this hasnt slowed down my weight loss :(

From one of the threads on this website actually, its a slimming world recipe but I couldn't find it on the website.

Well done on the loss, when is your official weigh in day now then?
Hope you are enjoying the EE plan xx

Back