newbie starting slimming world needs help

chazle, official day is monday evening at 5.30pm...ages to go lol.....
im still on green to, i planned to do EE, until i realised i couldnt have the potatoes freely, and i love my spuds! so green im staying at, if i slow down on the loss i will move to EE....i just dont know if EE is more complicated for me and believe me i cant do complicated, plus not sure i could take the skin off the chicken and throw it away lol so veggie green days are best...

As I have said before, do what you feel most comfortable with. You will be more likely to stick to it and therefore be successful.

I'm so pleased that you have embraced this. Look forward to hearing about how you get on this week.

Gail x

Hi honeybunch how are you doing? Just noticed on a previous post you said you couldn't do EE cos you can't have potatoes freely......can we not? OOOOps lol xx

Hi all. Am new to this website, but have been reading all your posts and you are all so helpful to each other. I have been doing sw for nearly 4 weeks and have lost 6lb so far (hubby has lost 16lb grrr). I think you have all done fab with your weight loss, well done.

I hope I have posted this one the right thread, sorry if not!

Any help with adding friends (or the equivalent here) would be much appreciated.

Look forward to hearing from you all x

furrysmudge - you can have potatoes freely on EE, don't worry !!!

Well done lasttime. Hope all is still going well.

Gail x

lasttime - why don't you 'get going' on the plan for a few weeks to give you confidence it works (and that you can stick to it) and then try an EE week. Have a look at Capricorns diary. She has lost loads, mostly on red but had an EE week recently to try it out and still had good losses. I think she's doing a bit of both at the moment.

Gail x

today i have made extra easy....so had bacon, 1 egg, 1/3 tin beans, 2 slices weight watchers wholemeal bread and mushrooms for brekkie, also had a banana, and lunch was gammon, sheese and onion smash broccoli carrotts and sprouts, plus 4 x tbs gravy, plus one hob nob and no added sugar squash......have i done it right please.....

today i have made extra easy....so had bacon, 1 egg, 1/3 tin beans, 2 slices weight watchers wholemeal bread and mushrooms for brekkie, also had a banana, and lunch was gammon, sheese and onion smash broccoli carrotts and sprouts, plus 4 x tbs gravy, plus one hob nob and no added sugar squash......have i done it right please.....

Hi lasttime - I would try and get a bit more superfree in your breakfast (only mushrooms in there are superfree). Lunch looks fine (assuming the smash is free ?? I haven't checked - if not, make sure you count it in your syns.). Drink plenty - it really helps.

Hope it's all going well.

Gail x

New to all of this!

Hello!

Another Newbie here, hope I'm in the right place - attended my first meeting last night (was petrified!) but really want to do something about my weight and have heard good things about SW off a friend who has been doing EE for a couple of months.

Have 101 questions but I won't bombard you all now - will just introduce myself and say I look forward to being supported and hopefully being some help to others!! :)

Claire

Thank you!

One question I have is about syns - my group leader said have 5-15 a day. Does it matter if I don't have 5 in a day (am sure most days I'll have no problems but feeling poorly today due to a kidney infection and so not going to need them!) and can you save them up and use them later in the week if you don't use them?

Also, if you have 5 syns a day can you then have 10 one day, 15 another etc or is it best to have say 10 a day and then stick to that rather than fluctuating them?

Hope that makes sense, sorry if it's a stupid question! Just a little confused! :confused:

x x

Hi Claire,

Welcome to SW and welcome to Minimins. I think they suggest that you have a minimum of 5 per day but anything more than that you can use weekly. Some find that works well, others find they have to use them or lose them otherwise they don't get good losses. I think some of this will be about seeing how you get on. I would suggest using 10-15 per day to start with (with a little flexibility) and then adjust from there. However if you don't feel well, then don't worry too much about it.

It's not a stupid question at all though. It's all a bit daunting when you start but you'll soon get used to it.

Good luck.

Gail x

Hi Claire and Lasttime

Welcome to SW. Everyone on all these threads is real friendly and helpful and will do their best to give advice.

I only joined 2 weeks ago and have lost 4.5lb which I am happy with, slow and steady wins the race and all that. If I can lose 2 or 2.5lb a week thats between 8-10lb a month which I think is a good healthy loss. Some get big losses some weeks, some don't. Try not to look at what everyone else loses and feel like your not doing as good if you don't lose as much as them. Any loss is brilliant.

I am doing EE and it really is extra easy. I've browsed red/green days but not tempted to have a go yet. Might when I get a bit braver with my knowledge of SW in general. It can be confusing but so can any diet when you start. You just need to read up and get your head round it. Anything you're ever not sure of just ask on these threads and someone will always come back to you.

One of the threads I found helpful was Slimming World Advice for New Comers (inc Extra Easy). On the main page of the SW forum to the right you can search this forum it says. If you type in the name Squiddie (that's who posted it) it will come up. It's on the first page of the post and really helpful to give you advice on what Hex A and B's you can have on which plan etc. Hope you find it and find it useful.

Anyway, rambling over!! Good luck with the diet.

:grouphugg: xxxx

Thanks so much for that - that post will come in really useful. I'm def struggling for ideas for nice filling snacks for mid afternoon and stuff like that other than fruit or muller yoghurts (I can see me getting a bit fed up of them quite quickly! :) ) so
I'll have a look for some new ideas!

Well done on your weight loss, I think 2lbs a week is a really healthy target. I have decided to work on the premise that if I lose 1lb a week I would have lost 2 stone for my birthday in august. I know it won't work quite like that but I am definitely someone with a tendency to give up if I haven't lost about half a stone in my first week so have really got to work hard on changing my mind set!

Great to see all the support on here, I will definitely be becoming a familiar face as it's good to have some help!

Thanks again x x

Back