Newbie starting TFR tomorrow

Nuttydentalnurse

Hi,
Just wanted to say hello to everyone, I've been lurking all week and getting motivated. I've been to the chemist today and I'm all set to start tomorrow.
This my first time on the diet and have mixed feelings.
Feeling quite excited about the prospect if shedding the pounds but not looking forward to week 1.

Hi and welcome!
I started this diet just over a month ago for the first time and had the same mixed feelings I know exactly how your feeling! The first 4 days for me personally were the worst and after that I've flown threw it pretty much so far. It really is mind over matter about food and you'll feel fab when you get into ketosis!! It's such a surreal feeling not ever having that grumble in your tum for food. Just keep positive it's only 1 uncomfortable week, once you have your first weigh in you will be amazed and that spurs you on to keep going! Good luck x x x

Thanks Hun, I've been a yo yo dieter for 20 years but I really want it bad this time. Never tried this diet before but had a sneaky look at photos on here this week and I am really hoping I can stick to it x

You can do it. Just be prepared to feel crappy for a few days. Do not give in!! It's worth it!

I think the majority of us are here because we are up up dieters or because other diets have just failed to give the results we all want so you're not alone on that one! This is the best and most effective diet I have ever done!! Believe me if you stick to it 100% you will be amazed at what you can achieve! X x x

Thanks everyone :)
This forum really helps , I couldn't do this alone !
Ok feeling very tired now been up since 6am and wish I could go to bed !!
Working tonight so have spaced my shakes out so hopefully will get thru day 1.
Going to take a day at a time :).
Loving the chicken soup with black pepper and now regretting I only got one :-(

Hi Nuttydentalnurse, you can bring some of your shakes back to your pharmacy and get them to change them for the soup, they don't mind and are probably very used to it! When i work nights i leave it as long as possible to have the first shake and then i split the powder it in 2 to make 2 shakes out of it, its the only way i get through the day then night. Hope you're finding the first few days ok :)

Hi Louthlady,
Thanks for the reply :)
Yes I went to the pharmacy Saturday morning and swapped the vile strawberry shakes for soup :)
I'm fine with all the flavours apart from strawberry !!
I hardly ever work nights but every other week I work a morning shift and late evening shift so on that day will have to space my shakes.
How long have you been Lipotrim for ? X

Sorry And, soontobeskinny and downsize just seen your comments :)
I'm loving this forum and everyone's motivation !! Thank you for helping me along :) I'm entering Day 4 but having the most awful nights sleep :-(
Waking up frequently , I'm not hungry but starting to get a real bad taste in the mouth so maybe I'm entering ketosis .
(Hoping its not just in my head)
X

It will be ketosis hun. In the first week or two I suffered with restlessness and sleepless nights I found taking a hot bath and having my last shake as late as possible helped me unwind ready for bed and I went to bed feeling satisfied, also that taste will be ketosis! It's easy from here on! Woohoo x x x

Hi Nutty, it's my 7th day today and it is the first day I've felt completely normal; not grumbling at the kids (although I haven't seen them yet, hmmm....!) not overly touchy, feel motivated to do stuff, and I just finished nights, had to really think about having my shakes, too. Just not hungry. Got to love ketosis! I'll be following your progress fellow first weeker!

Sorry Nutty, only getting to check everything properly now and only seen your question. I'm on lipotrim 4 weeks today and it's flown by thankfully. It's a pain in the bum not giving into temptation but it definitely gets easier. I'm lucky that my breath hasn't been too bad but i think the more water you drink the more it helps and the breath strips from the pharmacy are brilliant too

Thanks all, definitely had a better day today. Felt better not so tired and faint. Managed 3 litres of water (the most I've ever drank in a day ).
Not felt hungry of tempted to cheat in any way.
If managed to watch all my work colleagues eat the massive assortment of sandwiches, crisps, chocolate, cake and I sat with my chocolate milkshake .
Day 4 completed tick .
Great LeeLee when's your first weigh in ?

Hi, first weigh in was this morning. 12 lbs!!! so thrilled. Glad you're feeling a bit better. I can honestly say I'm back to normal now! Keep on truckin' xx

Whooo LeeLee well done :)

Thank you! How did you get on? How are you feeling?

Back