Newbie Starting Today

Davey1984

Hi all,

I am a newbie and I am starting today.

I need to reset my ticker so that it corresponds with my loss on Slim & Save.

I had been following Slimming World for 3 months and despite religiously sticking to the plan, I only lost 10lb, and when you have 6 stone to lose, seems very minimal and I could never see the top of the mountain.

This was my first week back from Chrsitmas and I lost 1lb this week.

So i needed something that would give me a quicker weight loss.

So here I am.

xxxx

Hi Davey,

Welcome and good luck, i hope you enjoy ( mostly) your s&s journey, i am only in week 2 so fairly new to it and getting used to it but i am enjoying it all so far, especially compared to Cambridge and ww! I know what you mean about slow losses at sw , although it's great because it's a loss and 10lbs is still fab, you can't help but feel disheartened at putting in all that time and effort for minimal results. If you stick to this plan you'll see the weight come off weekly .
Good luck and all the best :)

Hi Davey,

Welcome and good luck, i hope you enjoy ( mostly) your s&s journey, i am only in week 2 so fairly new to it and getting used to it but i am enjoying it all so far, especially compared to Cambridge and ww! I know what you mean about slow losses at sw , although it's great because it's a loss and 10lbs is still fab, you can't help but feel disheartened at putting in all that time and effort for minimal results. If you stick to this plan you'll see the weight come off weekly .
Good luck and all the best :)

Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

helloo and welcome! get ready for the weight to fall off then! you could lose that in less than 2 weeks on this, its hard, but keeping the idea of losses in mind really helps spur me on!
good luck :]

How's your first week going?

I know it's hard but you can do it. You still in that difficult time at the moment. Give it a little longer and you'll feel more used to it. What exactly makes you feel so isolated?

I've learned that food and drink doesn't have to be a social thing. I've been to a party on a Saturday night and drank coke zero whilst others were drinking and eating lots of different foods. It didn't actually bother me all that much because I know that I want to lose the weight more than I want a drink or any food. After a while your stomach shrinks and the packs really fill you up. You've always got that protein meal that you could have in place of a pack if you wanted to eat socially.

My advice? Stick with it. I know it's what everyone says but it really does get easier.

For my forst 6 months I stuck to 4 packs a day - no veg or milk. I still went to parties and out to restaurants - I just didn't eat. After that I moved to 3 packs and a protein meal which is far more sociable. At restaurants I would have fish or steak or chicken. I am happy to ask for it with the sauce on the side and with a salad instead of the high carb stuff it might be on the menu with. That way you can stick to plan and still eat with other people.

Oh - and have you weighed yourself yet? That might help your motivation...

No ones said this wld be easy but keep focused on why u embarked on this diet in the 1st place. I think it's only isolating if u let it. I sit with kids at breakfast even if I'm only having coffee & at tea time I eat my pack while they r having their meal. The focus is not on what we r eating or what im not eating. Food has ruled my life for 25+ years.

Davey, please don't take this the wrong way but feel like I need to just be honest and to the point with you. Looking at your past posts you've been through a fair few diets in a very short space of time. Each of those will work but you HAVE to stick with it when times get hard. And they will get hard. No matter what plan you follow you will struggle at times but it's about keeping on and doing the best you can and just not giving up. You, no offence, seem to give up before you really give yourself the chance to get into anything properly. If you want to get the weight off like you obviously do then you're going to have to just find something and stick to it. What goes on in your head is always the biggest problem you'll face and you just need to find a way past that, a way into the right frame of mind that it positive and says you can do it.

Davey, please don't take this the wrong way but feel like I need to just be honest and to the point with you. Looking at your past posts you've been through a fair few diets in a very short space of time. Each of those will work but you HAVE to stick with it when times get hard. And they will get hard. No matter what plan you follow you will struggle at times but it's about keeping on and doing the best you can and just not giving up. You, no offence, seem to give up before you really give yourself the chance to get into anything properly. If you want to get the weight off like you obviously do then you're going to have to just find something and stick to it. What goes on in your head is always the biggest problem you'll face and you just need to find a way past that, a way into the right frame of mind that it positive and says you can do it.

Thanks for your comment however there are reasons behind the reasons I stopped other diets. I don't go into a diet expecting to give up, I generally try my hardest.

I am not giving up on slim & save, I was just having a low point and a self doubting moment. I have Bipolar so these low points and self doubting is very common and part and parcel of my illness.

I will however stop commenting on here, if I am going to be told that iv been through a fair few diets and give up before iv give myself chance.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's not how it was intended at all. I don't know your reasons behind things but what I'm saying is that when you start it's really bloody hard and it's so easy to give up then but you've got to try and push through that because it does get easier. No-one goes into a diet expecting to give up and I didn't say that you do, what I said is that you stop before you've allowed yourself to settle into it. Like I said, I don't know the reasons behind why other diets haven't worked for you but I hope you do find something that does work for you.

Davey I have depression so go through at least some of the feelings you do! When I researched slim and save and vlcd in general there was a bit about making sure you have a 'strong mind' before you start. So I made sure I was in a fairly good place mentally before I started, I also read that taking an omega 3,6 & 9 supplement may help as these diets are deficient in those oils and they can help with depression. I take one daily and it does seem to help, my doctor wasn't keen on me doing an 'extreme' diet but part of my illness had been overeating and I knew I would feel better if I lost some of that weight gain so I did it anyway and I'm pleased I am! Don't be too harsh on yourself, just take it one day at a time and you'll get there, take care.

Davey, I do hope you are still reading even if you've chosen to not participate in the forums. I absolutely appreciate how difficult it is to hear something you don't want to hear from somebody who doesn't know you. With the very odd exception (and the contributors to this thread so far are not these exceptions at all) this is the most supportive forum I've ever come across, and I go on quite a number of support forums for a whole host of different topics. The comments were meant with the best of intentions - I've been there when you've had a defensive reaction to a comment and it hurts. Those were the reactions when I would go have a chocolate or a pizza blow out!

If you find you struggle to commit to things, that's probably not the plan, maybe it could be about your illness? Do you have a cpn? Could you chat to them about accessing some counselling to help with these issues? I hope you don't give up, keep on going and you'll find something that suits. Take good care :)

Back