Newbie Starting tomorrow

I did not get a ketosis headache this time... but I was taking cold medicine for the first several days of the diet.

MM

i felt really good today seemed to have bags more energy and was generally 'happier' in myself, i'm only finding i feel hungry at night, does the hunger feeling really dissappear once you hit ketosis?

If you are in ketosis you cannot have "true" hunger... however, I learned while doing LL to listen to my body -- if I was feeling hungry, then I was instructed to sit down and take out my journal and "explore" my feeelings. I realised pretty quickly that when I was upset, angry, stressed -- that I mistaked those feelings for hunger. And, don't get me wrong... I felt HUNGRY. But, if I did something to destress, deal with anger, etc. then the hunger disappeared.

MM

Last edited:
I've found that today actually while I was hungry especially tonight I've done some cross stitch that took my mind off it and I felt fine after, I think my mind is thinking of food at every given opportunity at the min but my belly isn't rumbling anymore So that's a good sign lol

It sounds like you have some good coping mechanisms. It is new to you -- so it'll take awhile before it just becomes what is.

Thanx, i have to make this work so i have to find ways to keep myself occupied and not give in to the hunger,
am off to see my CDC today to get some more soups as i only picked up 2 to try when i saw her last week, am also going to be introducing a little more exercise from today gonna do an hour on the wii fit (ok so not 'proper' exercise but its a start lol)
Main thing is have woken up feeling quite positive, still got a niggly headache but nothing that needs painkillers as yet and have already started drinking my water which will hopefully get rid of it.

When is the right time to start telling people your doing CD? i've only told a few people, havent mentioned it to any of my family (apart from husband of course) as i always get talked out of things and told to 'be careful' but i cant avoid them forever and they will certainly notice that i've now started drinking loads of water and black coffee. Just wondered when you all told people or if you have told them at all?

Chell x

How do i add my losses so far and mini goals, i've been into the signature part in the user cp and wrote out what i wanted to put but it tells me i only have 500 words and that what i've written is too long :rolleyes:

My first dealing with food since starting with CD has gone well (hubby prepped all food over the weekend), just made my little one a packed lunch sandwich, crisps, cucumber and pepper sticks, grated carrot and a biscuit and i didnt nibble a thing, not even licked my fingers, woohoo

Hi Chelly --

1) Once you have made over 50 posts you get more access to the site's features. And, I think it continues from there.

In order to boost your posts quickly go under Chit Chat and play some games (like the song game). Once you have 50 posts, you should soon be able to add to your signature. Those of us that have been on the foruma while can also upload pictures, etc.

2) Well, done on being able to make up your little one's lunch. Perhaps, you are in ketosis. How are things going in general?

MM

Last edited:
Ah didn't realise it went on your post count thanx for that, well I've managed to add 3 weeks to my sig so that's ok for the time being,

Overall it's going well ty, the support from this forum is helpin no end tbh, am half way through day 3 and apart from a mild headache I feel great, food isn't bothering me much when I smell or see it, although I do miss it if that makes sense, am loving the soups and so far only really like the strawberry shake but I do have the mint choc to try later tonight just can't decide whether to have it hot or cold.
I've managed to get the timing of my shakes about right now too I tend to have my first one at 11.30am then I'll have soup at 5pm and then my last shake about 8pm seems to work really well that way.

Am determined to make this work and can't wait for my Friday Weigh in ( I do have a prob with the scales tho, I keep hoppin on them whenever I'm upstairs lol)

Hi Chelly,

It sounds like you are already figuring out what works for you. I've not tried any of the shakes hot... but I might do that with a Choc Tetra tomorrow. I've heard that they're good if halved and mixed with hot water. Like having a hot chocolate.

MM

Last edited:
I tried the choc hot and wasn't keen tbh have just had the mint choc OMG it's lush lol have to say I'm liking these shakes and especially the soups a lot more than I thought I would , bring on Friday for weigh in :D

I really like the choc mint and choc orange shakes and the oriental soup. Yum.

Yes, it wasn't all that spicy. It just had some flavour. I do not like hot and spicy food, but I liked this soup.

I might try it one day then if it's not too spicy!

Woohhooo day 4 for me and I feel fantastic got sooo much energy this morning it's actually quite scary!
Am out all day today so I'm off to get me a few small bottles of water to take with me.

have hit ketosis today too (may have done yesterday but i didnt test) but have tested this morning and def there so things should get easier from now right? lol

Hi Chelly, welcome to the forum, you are doing brill, I have got my weigh in Friday as well after starting after xmas! Cant wait!

You soiund like your really in the right frame of mind. Look forward to sharing this journey to skinnydom with you! x

Hi and ty Lovelyle,

i'm def in the right frame of mind this time am determined to shed these pounds, am loving the diet and not phased too much by watching others eat so feeling really positive this morning and have bags of energy lol

Morning Chelly and Lyle -

Glad to hear you are feeling perky. I am a tiny bit from doing Aquafit last night -- but it has been ages since I was motivated to go! I feeling the energy, too!

MM

Back