Newbie To Atkins few questions...

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by CJ_06, 28 September 2007 Social URL.

1. CJ_06

CJ_06 Full Member

Hey, I'm hoping i'll get a response on here as i can see it's not the busiest forum.
    I've decide to give the Atkins diet a go but feel confused about how much 20g carbs amounts 2!??

I know i can have meat, fish, eggs, butter and mayo liberally but after that i get lost!
    It says i can have
    *3cups of salad a day or 2cups of salad and 1 veg
    * 90-110g of cheese a day
    *2-3tbsp cream
    *most spices and herbs

So does all that mean that all i've stared (*) equals 20g of carbs a day?
    REALLY hope some1 can help me!!
    Thanks x
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. girlygirl

girlygirl Silver Member

I've done Atkins but as a vegetarian I found it just too awkward and difficult - and the rate of weight loss was, for me, too slow. However I know people who have lost stones on the Atkins plan and who still go back to it when they want to lose a bit of weight fairly quickly.

The best thing about it is the hunger-suppressing effect of ketosis, and the fact that you can eat quite a lot and still lose weight. You might find it costly if you eat a lot of lean meat!

My advice would be to go on the Atkins site and read and read and read. You may have done so already - if so, I apologise for stating the obvious. Everything you need to do and not do is explained there.

Good luck, and please keep us posted!
  4. goldeneyes

goldeneyes Full Member

At the moment, undecided.
    I am glad someone else is confused by it, I have been trying to find out information because I have heard so many contradicting reports on it all. I think I am just using it as an excuse to put off making a positive decision because I am so low about everything at the moment. Hope it goes well for you though :)
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.