Newbie to Cambridge Diet

fransan

Hi everyone,

Started on the CD last Wednesday and I'm doing okay, decided to cut out coffee and tea ( I get through around 25 cups of coffee plus 5 cups of tea a day) so thought I would knock that on the head now. Have had some really bad headaches but think that is with the caffeine withdrawal as well.

I haven't got a lot of weight to lose around 2 stone and my counsellor has started me on sole source, just wondered how everyone has done on this plan and if they have succeeded in keeping the weight off once they reach target. I've tried WW and SW also but I usually struggle with losing any weight so this is my last go. My only fear is that I will put the weight back plus more and as I have a few health problems I really don't need that to happen.

Any advice would be so much appreciated

Sandra

Well done for stopping the caffeine, it's hard work that is! I am on my first round of CD, just on day 6, but I did loose 6 stone once on lighter life, which is similar to CD. I thought it was a 'cure' and I totally concentrated on abstaining from food, I didn't prepare myself mentally for what it would be like when I had to start eating again. I lost the weight, and was wearing size 8-10 clothes felt amazing! I maintained for about 12 weeks before I started to put the weight on, but I started to put it n because I stopped eating healthily, I went back to my old ways, I have put it all back on and more! But not because of the diet, because I came off it! This time I know that this is the easy bit, and keeping it off is going to be the tough part, and that's cannot go back to my old ways, I know where I went wrong now. If you do what you've always done you'll get what you always got xxx

Hi, well that's an amazing story - I so applaud you for losing the weight in the first place. I know what you mean about eating properly as well, have been thinking about what I eat on a regular basis and have to say I believe portion control is going to play a huge part, together with eating 5 a day, think it has to be more veggies than fruit. I've got a bit of a sweet tooth so I always follow it and that has got to stop.

I have been eating healthy for a huge number of years, I don't eat meat but I still enjoy fish so I guess I have to look at my diet again, I do so enjoy my food though lol!

Keep in touch and I hope you do well
x

Hi fransan, how's it going so far?

Back