Newbie to CWP Start tomorrow!

blossom18

Hi all

Searched out a place for some support as I start CWP and found here. I have a huge amount of weight to lose and I'm feeling absolutely hideous about the situation I am in. I was watching that show about the crash diet experiment and ended up finding out about Cambridge and thought why not give it a go, I have tried everything else. I met a consultant on Monday, she had to find out from their medical what step to put me on becasue of my high BMI. So I didnt hear from her until Wednesday, by which point I was starting to talk myself out of it becasue it feels so extreme and I am a comfort eater. What will I do without food?!! Infact she called me and I was in Tescos and I felt like I was going to have a panic attack being surrounded by food and being encouraged to start CWP. I had gone there witha plan to buy loads fo stuff and try calorie counting. But she was firm with me and I think a bit of tough love might help, so maybe the 1:2:1 aspect of this will be really good for me.

I'm picking up my products tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to try only having some eggs for breakfast to get me through until then, and water. I'm going to be on step 4 but using 4 products and 2 pints of milk to start off with.

I'm absolutely terrified of failing, of how hard this is going to be. But I am so fed up with myself. I can hardly bend down now and I am only 35. I need to get some of this weight off quick so I can get more mobile.

I will start a diary to help.

Any tips and support gratefully received!

B x

Hi ya blossom18,

I started CWP 11 days ago. Out of desperation for me as I have tried every diet on earth I think so far. My first weigh in was on Monday and I lost 8 pounds. I am on sole source 4 products a day for the first 2 weeks. My take on the diet so far, its not easy but one has to be determined and focused.

For the first 3 days I did not leave the house this was because I had to pee a lot and I did not want to tempted to eating what I was not meant to and also to get my body in to ketosis. My family also supported me as I did not cook food for them the first week. I think all that helped me. I am now in Week 2 day 4 it has not been easy because of cooking food for the family but I am determined to see it through so I am taking one day at a time. I hope this helps you. Good luck B. We can support each other.

Nx

Thanks so much, its good to hear how you are getting on! I am a bit worried becasue i have to carry on working and do not have any time off to get into this. So I am going to have to just go for it and hope for the best, I have warned my husband he will have to cook for himself this week!

I have to decide to make this work! We can do this!!

Small obtainable goals really help. Goal one, get through day one! Get through the first week. Get into the next stone bracket, lose 7lbs. Do 100 days 100% on plan. Get into the next dress size down. Be proud of all the little achievements, they keep you focused.

I am on Day 3 of Slim & Save (4 packs a day, total food replacement) but have done Cambridge in the past. The first few days are hard. Drink your water, have your packs, take paracetamol for your headaches if needed. Don't do too much if you can help it as you won't feel very energised. When ketosis kicks in you will feel like a different person and it is brilliant. Lots more energy and a feeling of wellbeing will be yours. Oh and a nasty taste in the mouth, but hey ho!

Remember, you CAN do this, we are all behind you. Good luck xx

Thanks hun!

I am powering through the day. Do have a a headache but I am sure it will get better. I am going to set little goals. Day 1 will certainly be OK. it is hard knowing my husband is still eating but I am hoping when I get into Ketosis that I wont care so much.

Leek and potato soup was lush I thought! Much better than expected.

Brilliant! I never liked the soups, I just have choc shakes in varying flavours.

My husband, who before I started said he would be supportive if I dieted... is sitting near by scoffing a pack of biscuits. Am considering punching him in the face!

Lol oh no! I dont know how my husband stays think and gorgeous! He has a load of pizza sitting in the fridge he keeps munching on. I'm just chugging the water!!

Yes mine is the same, eats crap and is normal weight and doesn't put any on. :( I hope the kids take after him!!

I'm due another shake soon, excited haha! Water going down well :)

Woohoo! I think I am going to have a strawberry shake next. Then a bar sitting in front of the TV later. Tomorrow is going to be hard because I am out all day at a training day and there is always this huge lunch. Everyone is oging to want to know why I am not eating. I think I may take myself off for a walk and find somewhere quiet to nibble on a bar. It is going to be one of the hardest things for me, as i feel embarrassed about my weight anyway, and telling people I am doing this I am sure will get weird reactions. I have to learn to toughen up and not care what other people think!

Ooh are you allowed bars from day one now? Last time I did it you had to wait until week 3 I think it was! I used to like the chocolate tetras, I miss the ready make shake option :( Just had a chocolate shake, yummy :)

I care too much what other people think of me unfortunately. I've only told a few people that I am doing TFR again, people can be rude.

You sound like you have a plan for tomorrow, I hope it goes ok!

Thank. Yes they said I could have bars from the start, hope it is ok. I think they are going to be good as you have to chew them! x

Back