Newbie to Dukan couple of questions for you xx

Jacey

Hiya, have decided to give the Dukan diet a whirl since piling on loads of weight since my pregnancy. I have been on the dukan site and established my true weight and its advised a 6 day attack phase and then 200 days of following the plan, meaning that roughly just before xmas I would be at target weight which would be fantastic!!

I get the gist of the diet but just need to clarify a couple of things if thats ok.

During attack - i can only eat fish, meat and no fat yoghurts - is that right? no salad or veg??

After attack I have to do one day protein only and one day protein plus ??

Oatbran - i assume this should be mandatory each day??

Im trying to put some meal ideas together for myself as im suck a basic eater EggNChips kind of girl lol.

No doubt will be posting loads and gettin to know some of you all a little better soon xx

Hello and welcome!

Oatbran is compulsory. During attack you have to have 1.5 tbsp per day and on cruise you have to have 2tbsp.

Basically on attack you can eat all the protein listed in the book. Do u have the book? Seafood, all fish, chicken (not the skin), lean ham (tho some people prefer not to eat it and it is very salty), beef, turkey, Eggs, no fat yoghurt and quark (I would defo recommend it it's like a very low fat cream cheese, mixed with a bit of sweetner is lush). Im trying to think what else. Oh sugar free jelly :)

The main thing is to eat alot of protein and drink plenty of water.

Once you have finished attack you alternate PP days with PV days that's pure protein with protein and veg. I personally alternate days but some people do three days in a row. As long as u have an equal amount of PP and PV days in a month then that's ok.

As for meals, i'd recommend looking at the recipe thread on here there are loads of ideas on there!

Hope that helps x

Thanks Ems xx dont have the book and have been looking at the meal / menu ideas too, looks OK just hope I can do it xx

Hi, hope it goes well for you. I definitely recommend getting the book as it is explained well in there and the recipes are useful.
Good luck!

Emms24 said:
Hello and welcome!

Oatbran is compulsory. During attack you have to have 1.5 tbsp per day and on cruise you have to have 2tbsp.

Basically on attack you can eat all the protein listed in the book. Do u have the book? Seafood, all fish, chicken (not the skin), lean ham (tho some people prefer not to eat it and it is very salty), beef, turkey, Eggs, no fat yoghurt and quark (I would defo recommend it it's like a very low fat cream cheese, mixed with a bit of sweetner is lush). Im trying to think what else. Oh sugar free jelly :)

The main thing is to eat alot of protein and drink plenty of water.

Once you have finished attack you alternate PP days with PV days that's pure protein with protein and veg. I personally alternate days but some people do three days in a row. As long as u have an equal amount of PP and PV days in a month then that's ok.

As for meals, i'd recommend looking at the recipe thread on here there are loads of ideas on there!

Hope that helps x

Sugar free jelly ? I can't find this in the book ...what page please

It's not in the book but some of those who have been members on the DD website have been told it's ok. The book is older than the advice on the site so there are a few differences, though the regime is the same. In the UK you can get them ready made in little pots or buy the powder and make your own. I assume that there are similar things elsewhere?

Definitely get the book - if you know why the diet works it will help you make the right choices later on.

You may not need to buy - I borrowed my copy from the local library (which I discovered yesterday is being closed down!).

Back