Newbie to Dukan

kellmo

Gold Member
Hello everyone,
I joining this group over from slim and save. I have lost 4 and a half stone to get to a healthy weight. I have always planned to to dukan consolidation as my refeed and stay on it for about 12 months (5 days for every lb.) I've been flicking through a few diaries ad recipes but are there any basic recipes, hints, tips etc that you can offer as the dukan experts?

I'm lookinbto start Monday as my vlcd food runs out on Sunday night. I have already made an oatbran galette (savoury- yummy) but I need to do a shop on Sunday or some dukan essentials.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry, after I type for so long my text disappears and I can't see anything so I have to keep starting a new reply!
I'm getting eggs, lean meat, veg, quark, sweetener, fish etch but do I need anything else?
It's going to be very strange allowing myself bread, cheese and fruit etc but going to do this slowly as I've been on the vlcd since June.

Thank you in advance,

Kellmo xx x

Remember oat bran its very important. Good luck. There are some great recipes on the thread good dukaning xxx

If you don't have a cupboard full of herbs, and I mean FULL, consider buying one of those rotating herb holder things that come pre-filled (we got one from Amazon with about 15 diff herbs in for not much money, about £23 I think). Prepare to stock up, even if u just buy 2 or 3 diff a weeks! I find curry herbs (cardamon pods, coriander seeds, etc etc) and things like smoked paprika really handy and you can make really tasty dishes!

I'd say the low fat, low sugar Dukan cocoa is worth investing in, I stir in fat free greek yogurt with sweetener at night. It's as good as any yogurt pudding I used to buy pre-Dukan.

Smoked turkey bacon (widely sold at supermarkets) is not actually that bad; it's very low fat & I use in slow cooker/stews/sauces for a bit of a better flavour.

Sugar free jelly grab pots are a good investment, I tuck into one when I crave something fruity and sweet.

I'm sure you have one already, but a good non-stick frying pan is a MUST!

A slow cooker is wonderful, I couldn't live without mine!

Google your favourite recipes + durkan for ideas of ways to cook it suitably. I made awesome rogan josh & coq au vin this week doing this! I wouldn't have seen those recipes otherwise (they weren't on main Durkan sites).

I can't think of anymore tips! Hope that helps a bit any way :) :)

Thank you very much. This shop is going to be the luck start to it so I really appreciate your comments!

Back