Newbie to here and Slimming World please help

Latte

Silver Member
Hi there

I am new to both here and Slimming World.

I only joined on Wednesday and I feel out of my depth already. Previously I have done WW and used WLR and I got sick of counting.

I dont understand how Syn values are calculated as I bought some soya yogurts and on Syns online they are 5.5 points when I enter the values but only 2 if you seach for fruit soya yogurts :confused:

Also in the new SW magazine it has a list of 7 days planning and one day has 20 cashew nuts but no syn value and I thought there should be. It is Saturday's menu.

I am struggling with breakfast as I eat it in the office and I dont like cereal plus I am pesce so no meats. I used to have cheese slices/nuts/fruit/ryvita etc not all at once but now once I have breakfast I have used up healthy a and b and I assume I need to syn all extra cheese/ryvita etc ?

I am on the extra easy plan. Please help me understand so I can get on my way to weight loss city x

welcome to minimins :)

Have you read this thread? I think its worth a read as really good

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

Why not do green days? Then you get two HEXBs and HEXAs??

You can have for example two alpen lights for brekkie as a HEXB, you could even have a mullerlight with it?

Do you have the slimming world books? If so have a read about green days.. Not eating meat these would probably suit you.

Thank you for your reply.

My consultant said I had to do EE first of all as that is the plan SW are promoting. I did explain to her I dont eat meat or chicken but eat a little fish - no shellfish and I like quorn/tofu/beans etc but she still said EE.

I had two alpen lights yesterday for breakfast and was hungry by 11 :( I did get some shape 0% delight yogurts today which I am sure are free.

Muller lights contain gelatine which I dont eat sorry.

Thank you for your reply.

My consultant said I had to do EE first of all as that is the plan SW are promoting. I did explain to her I dont eat meat or chicken but eat a little fish - no shellfish and I like quorn/tofu/beans etc but she still said EE.

I had two alpen lights yesterday for breakfast and was hungry by 11 :( I did get some shape 0% delight yogurts today which I am sure are free.

Muller lights contain gelatine which I dont eat sorry.

Hi Latte and welcome to Minimins :)

Its not up to your consultant which plan you follow its up to you and I agree with jackie Green is probably best for you! I hardly ever do EE just Red & Green :)

I also mostly do Green and as others have said its your choice which plan you want to follow. If you look through your book its should explain green and if you have any questions ask on here.

I think long term you will find green more filling etc too.

You could even have for example (not saying you like it etc just an example) 4 rivita (HEXB) with philly light (HEXA) for brekkie. I know its not a normal breakfast but its filling and would keep you going until lunch? you would then still have an A and B to play with.

EE when one doesn't eat meat etc to me seems pointless, but again, totally my opinion.

Have a read up on green days and come back on here and ask if anything you don't understand as someone will know :) I started on EE but now doing a mix of the 3 plans depending what I fancy.

Hi Latte! I am new here (and to Slimming World) too so we can be confused together :)

I am doing the online thing. My question today is this:

On Extra Easy quorn sausages and beans are free. Does this mean I can have them as a snack (as I'm doing now because I'm starving)? It's hard to believe I can snack on actual cooked food. Am I getting this right? Or do you have to count things as syns if they're not your main meal?

Ta! xx

Hi Latte! I am new here (and to Slimming World) too so we can be confused together :)

I am doing the online thing. My question today is this:

On Extra Easy quorn sausages and beans are free. Does this mean I can have them as a snack (as I'm doing now because I'm starving)? It's hard to believe I can snack on actual cooked food. Am I getting this right? Or do you have to count things as syns if they're not your main meal?

Ta! xx

Quorn sausages are now 1 syn each as they've changed the recipe. You can have them as a snack just make sure you don't over eat.

Thanks! I am waiting for dinner guests to arrive but I'm starving! Normally I'd be opening the crisps right about now.

I often eat my breakfast at work and have either toast with honey (1 syn a tablespoon), or marmite (which is free - though i guess as a veggie you'd probably want to eat veggie-mite instead), plus a bowl of fruit

Your consultant shouldn't tell you what plan to follow. You pay for their advice & support, not to be dictated to. I don't know many veggies who don't follow the green plan. In fact I love meat, but I still do a couple of green days a week. Aside from anything else they are much cheaper, plus you will have the extra HEX's as people have mentioned above.

You mention you don't really like cereal, which I don't either, but I do like 'Magic Porridge'. A Fat free yoghurt ( i use Muller but again, you can use any free yoghurt) 28g porridge, 1 scanbran broken up into little bits. I add frozen berries to mine, mix up together and leave in the fridge overnight. Mix up in the morning and eat. Keeps me going til lunch.

Alao, as a veggie on days when you are at hme you can have eggs on toast, with tomatoes and mushrooms, or beans for brekkie, or an Omlette maybe? If you use the low fat cheese (can't remember if pesce's eat dairy so please ignore if you don't!) you can easily just use 1/2 of 1 HEA as 42g is more than you need for an omlette.

Thank you all so much it is really appreciated.
On my phone so can't post properly as a pesce I eat eggs, cheese, all dairy plus some fish not shellfish, also tofu, quorn beans lentils etc.
I don't think I gelled with the consultant so might try a different class next week.
I will have a read about Green days which I assume you can eat all the time ?
Ryvita and philly light or marmite is one of my breakfasts in the office.
Thank you again for the welcome and the help.

Yep you can have constant green days if you like. Though may be worth having an EE day when you want fish, but you can always syn it or use it as a Healthy Extra.

- - -
- - -

SW have three plans - original, green and extra easy. They are all in the official book and your consultant can't tell you that you have to do one or the other.

It sounds to me as if you would be ideally suited to the green plan, then you could have fish as a healthy extra on the occasions that you fancied some, or do EE on those days.

I'm not a veggie but I only eat meat at most once a week/fortnight and I follow Green every day. When I do eat meat I usually just use my 2nd HEXB for it. It seems a bit illogical to expect a veggie/pesce to follow EE and as the others have said it's not up to your consultant, it's up to you.

I have done some reading and Green is the way to go no doubt.

Thank you all so much x

Onwards and downwards.

Hi Latte and welcome to SW and Minimins! If you're hungry mid-morning, you can eat! I normally have a Fibre Plus bar or something like that to keep me going until lunch time. You've got up to 15 syns a day don't forget!

Good luck, Trace xx

well first weigh in was a disaster I put on 0.5lbs

consultant has told me to cut down to 12 syns a day and she is much nicer then the one last week and told me just to stick to green or ee if I fancy some fish.

I felt happier in this class but not with the weight gain which was really unexpected :sigh:

Hiya :) don't be discouraged by that pesky half a pound, I bet next week you'll have a good loss, your body's probably just adjusting to your new diet! How many syns were you having before? I've tried EE for a few days now but I don't feel comfortable with it, with green days i know when i've been 100%, EE seems a bit 'muddy' to me. Definately try green days, my fave! And good luck! I usualy have 8-12 syns a day x

Aw hun. I imagine that trying to fit into the extra easy plan when you don't eat meat will not have helped matters really. Don't be discouraged. Do a week of green days & then see how you've done x

Back