Newbie to Slim & Save starting on 10th April!!:-)

yummum2be

Hi Guys

I'm new to Slim & Save, have put my order through for my 1st months supply and i'm sooooo excited to get started!! :D

Have stuck to the shakes, meal and bars as I'm not a soup eater really.

I've got 2 goals in mind, the first is my friends wedding at the end of May and i'd love to get down to 11 stone or less for this (i'm currently 13 stone). Do you think this is possible as i will be doing the 3 packs + protein/veg? :confused: I would love to have my photo taken and not feel like the fat one in the group for once :(. My second goal is my ultimate goal which is 10 stone (or a few pounds below to allow for fluctuation) in time for my holiday on 8th July :D I would love to be able to run around on the beach with the kids without a care in the world about what I look like!! ;)

I would love a diet buddy or 2 if there is anyone out there who is interested?? Also, any advice would be gratefully received :D

yummum2be xx

Good luck :) top tips for success[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]

- drink your water
- stick a list of reasons / photo somewhere prominent during the early days
- most people found day 2-3 worst, be prepared for that
- I found weighing myself daily in the first week v motivational for the tough patch
- stick to it 100% (but if you cant in the early days, don't have carbs, have a small protein snack like egg or chicken breast, it must just take the edge off and won't take you out of ketosis)
- come on here lots at beginning!

This is what is working for me so far, different things work for different people... Good luck[/FONT]​

Good luck hun. Stick at it and you will do well. As phoenyx says above ^^ drink plenty water and make sure you keep posting :D Good luck xx

Thanks guys!! Just can't wait to start :)

Any hints/tips that anyone can give would be great!

A couple of questions?????

Do you all have your 100g protein and 200g veg when you're on 3 packs a day?

Is the weight of the protein/veg uncooked or cooked weight?

Are there any chewing gums/mints you can have?

Thanks

YM2B xx

yummum2be said:
Thanks guys!! Just can't wait to start :)

Any hints/tips that anyone can give would be great!

A couple of questions?????

Do you all have your 100g protein and 200g veg when you're on 3 packs a day?

Is the weight of the protein/veg uncooked or cooked weight?

Are there any chewing gums/mints you can have?

Thanks

YM2B xx

I would suggest that you read the stickies on this forum as they contain loads of really good information.

You need your 100g of protein if you're on 3 packs a day. Even when in ketosis your brain needs a small amount of glucose. It gets this by converting some of the protein you eat into glucose. If you don't eat enough protein it will use your muscles to do this - leading to muscle wastage and a reduction in your metabolism - not what you want. The 200g of veg is optional. All weights are as you eat it - so raw if eating raw and cooked if eating cooked.

I don't know about chewing gum. If you're worried about your breath I would suggest sugar free mouth sprays.

Thanks Weasey and fantastic weight loss so far by the way :clap:

yummum2be said:
Thanks Weasey and fantastic weight loss so far by the way :clap:

Ta muchly!

Yes, the stickies are a good place to start and I can't answer the chewing gum question either as I never have it. I would say that some people say that it stimulates their appetite though so be a bit cautious about using it if it has that effect on you.

Welcome hun :)

Im on day 10 well technically 11 but more than happy to buddy up if you still need a one, dont think you can receive pms til you reach 50 posts but i get meself about (on the site that is hehe) so just post away at me all you like :p im always up for natter and im on site alot :eek:

Catdog xx

Great thanks CatDog!!

I've just found out that my picture has been accepted for the cashback scheme for sns so i'm even more determined to do it now. If I reach goal by July then I should have my money back in time for some holiday spends!! yippee!! :clap:

Cant wait to get started now!! 2 days and counting!

Good luck yummum2be for when you start

Great thanks CatDog!!

I've just found out that my picture has been accepted for the cashback scheme for sns so i'm even more determined to do it now. If I reach goal by July then I should have my money back in time for some holiday spends!! yippee!! :clap:

Cant wait to get started now!! 2 days and counting!

Ah good on ya hun, i wanted to do that but im too scared by pics :( if i see camera i run and if anyone takes pic i always delete it, i look minging and just gets me down- im hoping as i lose weight i will like what i see and start taking pics, when i reach goal im gonna buy meself me first proper camera and start on doing that- ive a million pics of the dog and cat mind lol just taken on phone. All memories of me and OH are in my head none on camera and we been together for 6 and a half year how sad is that!

Catdog xx

I'm the same hun, it was that bad that I couldn't find a single photo of myself so had to get my little boy to take one to email over. I'm thinking of it that I can deal with one mingin photo if I have another next to it in a few months that's a nice pic :) x

I'm the same hun, it was that bad that I couldn't find a single photo of myself so had to get my little boy to take one to email over. I'm thinking of it that I can deal with one mingin photo if I have another next to it in a few months that's a nice pic :) x

It will be awesome to see the two together chick and good motivation to stay at goal! I was brave before diet and did get OH to take pic of me on my old phone before i started this but i was in me dressing gown and didnt expect to keep the pic but i have, only ive not turned me phone on since hahahaha, if i do i'll delete it :eek: This is something i have to work on lol. Not planning on showing anyone the pic like not much point keeping it really and ide be mortified if anyone seen it, i know its silly cos people see me in real life but tbh i dont care much for that either :cry:

Are your packs coming tomorrow or wed?

Catdog xx

I'm not sure, I'm hoping for tomorrow but think it'll be Wed :-(

Just keep picturing the new you in your head and how you'll love having your picture taken with your new body :)

If I reach target, this will be the first holiday where I'll have photos with me and the kids (how sad is that). If I dropped down dead tomorrow there would be barely any memories in the way of photos for my kids to keep :-(

I'm not sure, I'm hoping for tomorrow but think it'll be Wed :-(

Just keep picturing the new you in your head and how you'll love having your picture taken with your new body :)

If I reach target, this will be the first holiday where I'll have photos with me and the kids (how sad is that). If I dropped down dead tomorrow there would be barely any memories in the way of photos for my kids to keep :-(

Thats how i think aswell hun, noones got any pics of me- just me mam when i was little! The only picture that officially exists is when my OHs sister got married, obv was forced to be in weding pic gah i wasnt at me highest weight in it but was higher than now- i just cringe thinking on it nd thats how people would remember me :(

People not gonna be able to keep us away from camera when we hit goal chick, i got a feeling :p

Catdog xx

You're right there hun ;-) x

Good luck for tomorrow, first few days are hard but I'm on day 5 now and starting to feel okay about it!

Hi yummum,
I tried starting before Easter and did not succeed so I am going to start again tomorrow. I will need a buddy I'm sure so happy to be yours x

That's great strongly ones! We can do this together :) There are a few of us all starting around the same time this week so I'm sure we can all have a good old moan and grumble to each other on here. If you get your posts up to 50 we can on each other :) x

Back