Newbie to SW

ginzeh

Helloo..

So I've tried the VCLDs and not worked as I just LOVE food.

I wanted a diet where I won't go hungry - i have the choice and able to go to the gym! VCLDs made me too weak and moody and made me shed hair badly :(

So ... i joined my local group and done a rather expensive £150 shop all fresh fruit/veg/meat etc.

Looking at recipes on their website it has;
a6c9c7523fc8963d4238f2bf3dc8f56b.png

What do the colours mean and why do they vary?? I can't find it in my books...

I am looking to do this SP extra easy thing which is hard enough to get my head round all these things lol.

I can't believe unlimited pasta etc - contradicts most diets saying to stay away from carbs etc!

Also...

What kind of losses do you find you get? I have a goal for April/May but I don't think I will achieve it on this - was my goal with VCLD of a loss of ideally 50lbs :( I want to get to a 100lb in total but April/May is my annual holiday! :)

Hi Ginzeh and welcome to slimming world.
Read your books, not got new ones but no carbs on the EESP.
If you want carbs then you need to follow EE.
I follow EE and had good weight losses last year but the losses you want might be achievable quicker using EESP
There's a EESP thread on a sticky that answers a lot of questions. Being a new plan for all everyone seems to be getting their head around it.
Hope you like SW I find it helps me eat healthy, stay full and loose weight can't ask for more than that.
Good luck.

Hi and welcome to real food and SW.

SW is pushing Extra Easy (EE) now, so take the Syn values in the orange column. The other columns relate to older plans - Green (unlimited carbs/restricted protein) and Red/Original (unlimited protein/restricted carbs). You will still find plenty of people on Minis who follow the old plans. I would guess that the Syns in the example above relate to a recipe containing both protein and carbs.

Be aware that the EESP plan is designed to be a booster plan; it is not designed to be followed for much more than a week at a time. If you are just starting out then stick with EE but if you are switching from doing from a VLCD then introduce carbs gradually to prevent to much water retention.

Good luck

. The other columns relate to older plans - Green (unlimited carbs/restricted protein) and Red/Original (unlimited protein/restricted carbs). You will still find plenty of people on Minis who follow the old plans. I would guess that the Syns in the example above relate to a recipe containing both protein and carbs.

Be aware that the EESP plan is designed to be a booster plan; it is not designed to be followed for much more than a week at a time. If you are just starting out then stick with EE but if you are switching from doing from a VLCD then introduce carbs gradually to prevent to much water retention.

Good luck

Just to clarify but the green plan is not unlimited carbs and limited proteins. It's limited meat and fish rather than protein. There are many high protein free foods on green and you'll also find them on the SP plan. You can also do SP for longer than a week with a few minor modifications eg by having a yoghurt every day or a second healthy extra a option. But to be honest I'd stick to getting the basics of ee right before considering SP . Or if you're vegetarian look at the green plan as an alternative to ee

Back