Newbie to the diet - help needed!

violet

hello! Ive got all my shakes and soups for the next week and was looking forward to taking the plunge to a new me tomorrow but i have questions! hoping someone could help me just so i know whats best to do!

I work shifts and start nights on monday this means i start work at 9pm, i generally have a bit of a nap in the afternoon but apart from this im awake for approx 24hrs.....is this a bad time to start??

Also, i have a hen weekend booked for next weekend. i've managed to get out of the whole weekend and im now just going to be going for one night that will include a meal(!) and booze. I discussed this with the diet lady and she said to have a protein based small meal and not much alcohol which is ok but she didnt convince me that this wont undo any good work i do this week. I cant get out of the weekend alltogether and am not bothered about drinking water if needs be but would like any advise on whats best.

Thanks x

Hi

To be honest I think I'd wait until after your night out. If you go all week ssing you'll be in ketosis, then if you eat and drink this could put you back and maybe make it harder to start again.

I would enjoy the weekend first so that you don't feel under pressure, then go for it!!!!!!

Tracey
x

thanks for your reply.

the problem is i need to reduce my BMI in 4 weeks from 38 to 35 for a job!!

How difficult is it to get back in to the ketosis?

I have drastically cut down my food intake this week and am no where near as hungry as i was.

How many lbs is 4 bmi ??

It took me 3 days to go into ketosis, so I presume it would be less for one night off, but I honestly don't know, I've become a hermit since starting this diet, so haven't fallen off it yet. I'm sure someone who knows will answer your thread soon, they're are some really great people on this site.

Good luck with it, and post to let us know how you get on.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Tracey
x

Okay .. here's my suggestion for what it's worth. Start tomorrow and Sole source all the way to the weekend. Don't drink alcohol and have a small protein based meal, Chicken Salad if you can (with no dressing) ... and drink water .. you might even stay in ketosis .. and if you don't it won't take you long to get back in!!

You are under time constraints here so that would be my advice to you AND drink lots and lots of water .. the first week will be touch .. I won't lie to you .. but the weight loss will be significant at the end of it ... and worth not drinking that night ...

You have a goal in mind ... just stick to it!!! Good luck and let us know what you decide!!

thanks tracey,

Feel a bit of an idiot saying im starting a no food diet and following on with 'im off for a night of food and booze'!

Really cant get out of it and if i thought i wouldnt look out of place i wouldnt eat anything!

need to loose 1 1/2 stone by easter weekend, that would take my BMI down enough to get the job i want. I started to practically starve myself on wednesday and then found details for this diet. Im worried that if i leave it till after the 'do' i wont have enough time to loose what i need to loose..........why cant we all just be skinny!

what job is it your going for ??

Ooops! will have to learn to type a lot faster!

Thankyou Dee, i think that is what i will do. Will pretend my water is vodka!!

Hey hun,

If you are very careful you might not knock yourself out of ketosis. Personally (if i didnt have the time constraints) I would SS til the weekend, be v careful not to eat many carbs and avoid drinking- although maybe a few voddies and diet cokes (the best thing to drink if you must) and get straight back on SS the next morning- if you do that you could well be back in ketosis within a day or 2. I ate a few mouthfuls of chicken, some peas and a roast potato yesterday lunchtime and I'm already back in ketosis!!

Hope that helps xx

I would follow Dee's advise, and have a chicken salad and drink water (if you go to the bar and ask for it with loads of ice (no lemon) then it just looks like a vodka and lemonade) or have sparkling water to make it look authentic, that is if you don't want anyone asking questions...

Good luck this week, and hope next weekend goes well!!

Love

Sorry!! still learning forum etiquette(sp?)!

How do you add all the other stuff like the ticker and your names etc??

thanks tracey,

Feel a bit of an idiot saying im starting a no food diet and following on with 'im off for a night of food and booze'!

Really cant get out of it and if i thought i wouldnt look out of place i wouldnt eat anything!

need to loose 1 1/2 stone by easter weekend, that would take my BMI down enough to get the job i want. I started to practically starve myself on wednesday and then found details for this diet. Im worried that if i leave it till after the 'do' i wont have enough time to loose what i need to loose..........why cant we all just be skinny!

We will be skinny soon!!!! Well maybe not skinny, but hopefully happy and healthy and look great in everything we wear..in your case a nice blue uniform:D

I really hope you achieve your goal, good luck with the weight loss and the job.

Tracey
x

Also, I think (but may be wrong). The amount of weight loss each week may well depend on how much you have to lose in the first place. Also if you don't have much and your BMI is 25 or under you shouldn't ss, but should choose the 790 or 100cal plan.

Tracey
x

Sorry!! still learning forum etiquette(sp?)!

How do you add all the other stuff like the ticker and your names etc??

Signature etc can be set up under User CP on the blue bar on the top of the screen

if you click on someone's tickler you like, it wil take you to the internet site and you will be able to set yourself one up (copy the URL link it gives onto your signature on User CP). If you want a glittername, then again click into someone elses and it will take you to the link(copy the URL link it gives onto your signature on User CP)...

Sorry if that sounds confusing...

Love

Back