Newbie to VLCD and Exante

Jessie - you lost 2 stone in 3 weeks?!?!?!?! I think i might have to start worshipping you :D *jokes* That must be a weight loss record or something - well done! Well i am completely new to VLCD so might need to do some internet searching to get more info...

It's worth doing your homework - if nothing else, it gives you something else to do of an evening. However, as always, do take some of what you read on the net with a pinch of salt.

Having said that, I'm developing quite a 'diet' folder myself of things that look useful/interesting/saved to a later date.

Also, some of the competitors websites are worth a look, too.

Hi all.
This is my first my 1st day on the exante total solutions plan. So far so good. Just wanted to say thankyou to Yambabe for the great advise.

I previouly did the GI diet to loose weight. I lost about 20lbs which is my baby weight from my first child. I want to some more weight before we start trying for our second.

The diet is going to plan so far, no side effects, apart from me staring at the fridge and needing to go too the loo every hour. Is that normal?

Can anyone give me some advice on how to pass my time at home as i don't work?

thks xxx

Yes, going to the loo every hour (or sooner!) is quite normal.

Re the daytime thing, time to take up a new hobby perhaps? I find that doing something that occupies my hands and/or brain really helps. I have recently re-started knitting, I also read a lot and write (bad) poetry sometimes. I browse the 'net, play online games and watch sad daytime tv as well if I'm not at work.

And what about excercise? Can you go for a walk, get a workout dvd, learn yoga or pilates, go swimming, join a gym or sports club?

Lots of possibilities.........

can you hide all your favourite food in a garage fridge?

I personally have done loads of stuff on my computer(s)

Phew-never encoded so many films before :D

maybe I should start a website again

The diet is going to plan so far, no side effects, apart from me staring at the fridge and needing to go too the loo every hour. Is that normal?

Yep, and yep. If this was day one, be warned that it may get worse before it gets better. But it will get better, stick with it.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to pass my time at home as i don't work?

thks xxx

What do you usually do? what would you like to do? Yam's suggestions are spot on, as always. Anything that either takes you away from the fridge/kitchen, or just makes you concentrate on something else. Currently I have a monster patchwork cluttering up the coffee table...

I'm also reading more.

But I'm actually enjoying having more time on my hands when I get home from work.

Last edited:
Yes
I got bored at the supermarket last night
got the cat food
my sparkling water
er
er
waited around for ages whilst OH went round getting the stuff he wanted!

Seem to have more time
is great!

I know what you mean Maggie - the other day I went to Tesco just because it's round the corner, and just ended up wandering round thinking there must be something I can buy apart from water and sweeteners.

I have never spent so long in the cleaning products aisle or the laundry section. I didn't know there were so many different types of Lenor, this diet is a learning curve!

just ended up wandering round thinking there must be something I can buy apart from water and sweeteners.

Had that today, as I had a couple of hours to kill in a shopping centre.

spent all day carrying round a bottle of fizzy water I really didn't need, breath freshener spray just because I didn't have any and it was there, and nearly fifteen quidsworth of magazines...

Yes breath freshener
note;

concentrate when spraying in the mouth, as I can testify that a minty cheek is not a nice feeling

Not twice either

:-(

*snigger*

Sorry. I'll bear that in mind.

Just wanted anothr 'flavour' on the go, TBH.

Back