Newbie to WW!

MrsFatBum

Gold Member
Hey everyone,
I started WW yesterday and perhaps every other day for the past month or so but I've got my head screwed on now and I'm going to give it my 110%.

Im not a newbie to the site as I was previously doing Lipotrim and lost 4st. Unfortunately since then I have put on 2stones since I got married in October. Personally I blame this on a horrible accident I had while on my honeymoon. I ruptured a ligament in my leg and have been pretty much bedridden for a while and all the weight just seem to pile on from then!

Im able to walk now but for a while exercise is off limits as I'm only supposed to be walking a little bit each day etc but theres no reason why I shouldnt work on the food side.

I know alot of people doing weight watchers find diets like Lipotrim extreme and unnecessary and a waste of time etc.. but I desperately wanted/needed to lose weight for my wedding and so I went for it. I was very pleased with the results even though I didnt reach my final goal. Now that Im married I know that such a diet wont work for me and I want to try the healthy eating approach as that is the only long term solution with exercise :)

But one thing I have learnt from Lipotrim is that I SURVIVED IT! lol... so that means weight watchers should be a walk in the park compared to not eating at all!

I received so much support from this site and made some great friends so Im hoping it will be the same here and we'll all be able to support each other !

I will set up a tracker at some point but for now my starting weight is 17st. Im doing ww on my own as I really cant afford the meetings option etc as I cant work at the moment. Ive been given all the information books etc from a friend who did ww before so I should be fine. I joined the site again coz I know it always helps to talk and share losses etc and the motivation is always a great help!

Anyway sorry for the long message x

hi i just started a week ago i came over from slimming world cause i fancied a change, i made some really nice friends on that forum too and am looking forward to the same XXXX are you doing a food diary? sorry bout your rupture mustnt have been nice especially on honeymoon, i cant imagine lipotrim i need to eat or i get cranky lol

Hi,

I only joined recently and will be doing WW on my own because I can't afford the meetings. I did Lighter Life and lost loads of weight but marriage coupled with a new baby has meant I have pretty much put most of it back on.

I know what you mean about surviving - I managed to live off Food Packs for the longest time so I am thinking WW has got to be easier... although looking back I was so desperate to lose weight and to get it off as quickly as possible I would have done anything even if it meant not eating for 12 weeks.

So, welcome and I hope we can help each other out, I have had a really really warm welcome, people have been so friendly and helpful.

Ps: is that your weding pic? - you look beautiful.

x

oh I forgot to say that I am finding keeping a food diary is really helping me keep on track of my points. The recipe's thread is really good too - has given me lots of ideas for evening meals and snacks.

i find keeping a diary helps too, i'm not doing too many recipes at the mo i quite like the ready meals so i am sticking to them and maybe making an evening meal every other day.

hi i just started a week ago i came over from slimming world cause i fancied a change, i made some really nice friends on that forum too and am looking forward to the same XXXX are you doing a food diary? sorry bout your rupture mustnt have been nice especially on honeymoon, i cant imagine lipotrim i need to eat or i get cranky lol

Hi Princessria, i have a friend who is doing slimmingworld (she was doing LT before that) she seems to be enjoying it alot so we're gonna compare notes to see whats better. Yes I am doing a food diary as I really want to keep track of what Im eating! I know alot of people are doing ww recipes etc which I probably will do when I can stand for longer!

Ah yes it ruined many aspects of the honeymoon coz it happened on the 3rd day (went flying off a quad bike!) but it was nice to laze about on the beach too. we are planning on going again to make up for lost time!

Hi,

I only joined recently and will be doing WW on my own because I can't afford the meetings. I did Lighter Life and lost loads of weight but marriage coupled with a new baby has meant I have pretty much put most of it back on.

I know what you mean about surviving - I managed to live off Food Packs for the longest time so I am thinking WW has got to be easier... although looking back I was so desperate to lose weight and to get it off as quickly as possible I would have done anything even if it meant not eating for 12 weeks.

So, welcome and I hope we can help each other out, I have had a really really warm welcome, people have been so friendly and helpful.

Ps: is that your weding pic? - you look beautiful.

x

hey congrats on the baby! hopefully we'll be able to help eachother along :) I know what you mean about being desperate to lose weight no matter what it takes... people thought i was crazy when i said i wasnt going to eat food for four months! and of course majority of them thought like heck she's gonna manage it! but hey 4 months and 4 stones off was an amazing feeling... but i want to get to the end of the road with ww.

Yes that is my wedding pic and thank you xxx

oh I forgot to say that I am finding keeping a food diary is really helping me keep on track of my points. The recipe's thread is really good too - has given me lots of ideas for evening meals and snacks.

Im going to hit the recipe section at some point. at the moment Im just eating whatever's healthy at home. good thing is that everyones being really supportive at home and im not being pressured to eat stupid stuff. and also my husband is trying to do ww with me so that helps too! might get him to cook me up some of these recipes :p

i find keeping a diary helps too, i'm not doing too many recipes at the mo i quite like the ready meals so i am sticking to them and maybe making an evening meal every other day.

The ready meals are really good I've heard! Thing I love most about ww has always been the carrot cake slices! I used to have them even when i wasnt doing ww!

Thanx for the lovely welcome ladies :)

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Im not against any sort of diet as different people have different needsd and if you get the results then fab.

Like you say your in a different place right now and rather than losing it quickly cutting out all the foods you love you can go on weight watchers and incorporate all your fav but within limits.

Thats horrible about your accident hun and i can see how it would be easy to fall into bad eating habits if your pretty much bed bound.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. I look forward to getting to know you better
xx

welcome u will find w/w more eaiser i think :)

Be careful with the cake slices hon they are low in fat but high in sugar and they make you crash which makes you hungry XXXX

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Im not against any sort of diet as different people have different needsd and if you get the results then fab.

Like you say your in a different place right now and rather than losing it quickly cutting out all the foods you love you can go on weight watchers and incorporate all your fav but within limits.

Thats horrible about your accident hun and i can see how it would be easy to fall into bad eating habits if your pretty much bed bound.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. I look forward to getting to know you better
xx

Thanx hun, I look forward to it too! I have been comfort eating like mad since the accident coz Ive just been miserable and alone :( but its not the way forward!

welcome u will find w/w more eaiser i think :)

haha.. yes i think so too. Thanx

Be careful with the cake slices hon they are low in fat but high in sugar and they make you crash which makes you hungry XXXX

I didnt think of that! Good thing tho I would only have them as a treat... like 1 slice if I lost weight that week.

Hello and welcome!

Lots of people are very scathing about diets like Lipotrim, but I think there's a time and place for them - like your wedding! They're great if you need to shift lots of weight quite quickly for a specific occasion, but you must accept that once you stop the weight will come back on. These diets are quick fixes; they work, but they don't last!

Weight Watchers is for life! It's so manageable and you can really live on it without feeling deprived.

I didnt think of that! Good thing tho I would only have them as a treat... like 1 slice if I lost weight that week.

You must have the willpower of a saint! Honestly i cant even buy any of their cakes because i just want to eat all of them and i really like the bakewell tarts but would eat all 6!

Im new on the forum too, hope you find lots of support here!
And I agree, lovely picture!

Hello and welcome!

Lots of people are very scathing about diets like Lipotrim, but I think there's a time and place for them - like your wedding! They're great if you need to shift lots of weight quite quickly for a specific occasion, but you must accept that once you stop the weight will come back on. These diets are quick fixes; they work, but they don't last!

Weight Watchers is for life! It's so manageable and you can really live on it without feeling deprived.

EXACTLY! thats the reason why Im doing it :) luckily tho i didnt put all of it back on after LT

You must have the willpower of a saint! Honestly i cant even buy any of their cakes because i just want to eat all of them and i really like the bakewell tarts but would eat all 6!

Im new on the forum too, hope you find lots of support here!
And I agree, lovely picture!

Hahah! well to be honest it was the theory but i dont know what i'll do in practice! mmmm bakewell tarts are amazing too and i dont blame you for wanting to eat them all!

Thanx for the compliment hun xxx

Welcome to the wonderful world of weight watchers I'm sure you will love doing ww as it is so flexible I've never tried Lipotrim I remember back in the 80's when the craze was Jenny Craig which I guess was similar as in it was all sachets of this or that as a meal replacement, it was the hardest diet I ever tried so it put me off the quick fix but I can still see why it's popular to do. All I can say is Ouch your accident sounds very painful. Anyway good luck on your ww journey

thanx babooshka. yes lipotrim was definitely the hardest thing i ever did! im enjoying weight watchers so far but i really need to start planning my meals better because even though I am eating soooo much healthier than before Im still going over my points! i need to have bigger salads i guess. Im not a huge fan of salads tho!

It also doesn't help with the weather being cold the last thing you want is a salad but you can turn zero veg into a blinding curry or chilli and have a big helping for zero just point up a portion of rice it's so tasty and filling my hubby hasn't even realised he's eating weight watchers style lol

I hate salad! I never eat salad with anything unless its iceburg lettuce in my chicken burgers or sarnies!!! Just make sure you add more 0 point veg to thing and try to find the lowest point valued things as replacements for the things you like. I still have chips but make them myself and i still have chicken burgers but use low fat ones and ww bread/bagel or small pittas instead of a bun. Makes it easier to stick to when you know you can...in theory...have anything you want.

It also doesn't help with the weather being cold the last thing you want is a salad but you can turn zero veg into a blinding curry or chilli and have a big helping for zero just point up a portion of rice it's so tasty and filling my hubby hasn't even realised he's eating weight watchers style lol

Thats a great idea. I made spicy beans today as my husband loves it.. just realised tho that alot of the stuff I have put in is zero points except the beans... so that could work for me. I'll have anything as long as its nice and spicy!

I hate salad! I never eat salad with anything unless its iceburg lettuce in my chicken burgers or sarnies!!! Just make sure you add more 0 point veg to thing and try to find the lowest point valued things as replacements for the things you like. I still have chips but make them myself and i still have chicken burgers but use low fat ones and ww bread/bagel or small pittas instead of a bun. Makes it easier to stick to when you know you can...in theory...have anything you want.

Thanx cupcake. im gonna try and sit and do that tonight. i love sweetcorn, i could eat sweetcorn all day but not sure how many points thats got. right thats me heading in the points section.

oh i made pasta too with free veg but it tastes horrid coz i didnt have any dolmio left (serves me right for not checking first)

I love sweetcorn too but i hate that it is points! I cant always afford it :(

hmmm well its kinda the thing thats making me go over my points...but as i ease into this healthy eating drill i think its the healthiest thing ive eaten in a while.. so im not gonna be too hard on myself.. for a day or two :p

Back