Newbie to Xenical :)

.its upto you what you make mealwise and do things to suit you !!
I know I have a really wide range of foods throughout a week...so pasta, rice, veg, potatoes, polenta, cous cous ...so not 1 day is the same with me....

The Alli book say's......." bread,rice,potatoes,pasta and other starchy food...this category also includes breakfast cereals,oats and grains. Starchy carbs should be the most important source of calories in your diet. starches provide energy and its important to eat starch in every meal, including wholemeal versions as these give additional fibre, minerals such as iron and calcium and b vitamins.
Starchy foods, especially those that are wholegrain, can be filling and are much less energy-dense than fat/oil. one gram of carbs provides less than half the calories per gram compared to fats such as butter/oil.
You may have heard of foods with a high or low GI or glycaemic index. Foods with a low GI help regulate your blood sugar so you don't have surges of sugars in your blood after you've eaten, followed by a TROUGH THAT LEAVES YOU FEELING RAVENOUS. These fluctuations are unhealthy and are thought to reduce the efficiency of the hormone insulin that controls your blood sugar. In the long term this can lead to diabetes.Foods with a high GI cause a sharp rise in your blood sugar, while those with a low GI cause a more gradual rise that is then prolonged. Having foods with a low GI helps you feel fuller for longer.
This diet encourages the use of lower GI foods.
This is not a low carbohydrate diet. Some people have great weightless results through cutting out carbs, but for lifelong healthy eating this important food group provides essential nutrients and fibre.

I hope this answers your question Jessica lol :)

i do love Pasta

i've just been told so often to not eat it because of the starch!

i'll def . be eating more of it now :)

i do enjoy potatoes as well my FH makes the best roasted potatoes on earth :p

I always thought that way too but since I have been following alli book I have never suffered constipation and bloating whereas i did before !!

roast potatoes are wonderful .....but its the oil....lol
This is my meals for today....and i'm still under my calories and fat !!
Breckie.....40g dorset cereals fruit and fibre, 2 buttermilk pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup
lunch.....prawns in chilli and coriander with salad and an onion roll
Dinner.....mexican chicken in chocolate sauce with mashed sweet potatoes

:)

doesn't even use 1 cal spray ?? wow ...you can still boil then roast without fat ...add garlic and semolina yum nice n crunchy :):)

you must spy on him lol........i know semolina is nice on it :)

Good Morning Everyone,

Official weigh in 2 pound lost - making me reach my first stone lost :) - very please with that but sorta a little disheartened because people seem to be losing more then 2 pounds on xenical a week, maybe this coming week will be better with the scales - esp as I have been exercising daily :)

Breakfast I had cereal :)

Lunch just water as I have to go for a doctors appointment and I wasn't allowed to have anything to eat after 6 am (breakfast was around 4 30!)

Supper - Richard and I are going out for dinner for lovers day :p - I believe we are going for Chinese food - which shouldn't be to fatty - esp with their yummy veggie dishes :) - plus we are swapping our "treat" day for supper out

at work now for another very interesting day I am sure!

tomorrow is a day off - YAY - I am soooo exhausted - it must be the heat etc - and because we worked 6 days last week.....we as well have to work on Saturday again this week the kids missed 3 weeks of school because of the government so we got to make up for it!

oh and regards to the secret of the potatoes - he par boils them - sticks them in the casserol dish - and lets them turn crispy under the oven flame - apparently he says they wouldn't turn out as nice if we didn't have a propane stove!

Morning Jessica.....don't be disheartened ....I only lost a 1LB ...but its better than putting it on !!

Don't think about it as it makes you anxious and its a proven fact it does affect your weight....stop stressing.....this week is another week to get stuck in.....have a great day and a lovely meal tonight :):)

Well done on the loss, every loss is important!! Some of the ones losing big are doing so as they have a lot to lose, more than you!! Like booboo said dont stress or worry as that doesnt help!! Enjoy your meal out tonight and just relax, its another week now!!

Jessica 2lb loss is fantastic ....WELL DONE.......just think thats 2lb nearer your goal...positive thoughts please tee thee :):):)

2 pounds is a loss - which I am happy with :)

next week will possibly be better - If I can lose 3 pounds aweek from hear on out til the 9th of July I will meet my goal and be able to fit in my wedding dress nicely!

Yay Jessica that will be great can't wait to see your piccies :)

I will post them on here :) - the wedding is July 23rd but I want to have the weight off by the 9th as it is the day I go back to Canada :) - and I want my family to be surprised :) plus I have to do my fitting on the 11th :)

its so exciting ....will be a great surprise for your family xx

Back