Newbie to Xenical :)

ok on the way to church now - driving so its going to take a couple hours to get there (i know its crazy)

anyways for

Breakfast - I had honey loop cereal with low fat milk
Lunch - I have in my bag to eat on the way home from church :) - 1 Pear, 1 Plum (they are finally ripe here) and 1 Apple
Supper - will be chicken stir fry :) - with veggies

still no change in regards to the scales - and no change with the measurements - but i don't feel so bloated this morning - which is very nice!

Hi everyone
hope you dont mind me droppoing in on you all, i just started taking xenical last monday, i have about 3 stone to lose, can anyone tell me what the average weight loss is on the first week please, ive just weighed myself and have only loss 1lb so far?? i was expecting the loss to be alot bigger on the first week?
also, i am a real chocolate nut, and i'm constantly craving mars bars, what do u all eat for a sweet snack??
anyways, nice to meet you all, ive been reading through this thread and u all seem to be doing great!!!

Moerning Jessica,
Have a good day day :)

Morning Wednesday, everyones weightloss differs, to me any loss is better than a gain....the main thing is to make sure your eating enough calories to be able to afford to burn fat....don't be disheartened any loss is a great achievement :)
Try not to worry about losing weight as this can stop you actually losing pounds.......
Snack a jacks, muller light yogurts, and marks and spencers do some nice low cal chocolate yogurts to take the sweetness pangs away.....eat plenty fruit...
Don't look at this as a diet it is a lifestyle change where we re-educate ourselves with food....get yourself into a good routine and you shouldn't feel hungry...I have put some recipes on the the forum it gives you an idea what you can eat .....I love the food I am now eating and realise that all that sugary stuff done me no good physically...it's just wasted calories!
Have a good day and welcome aboard the journey to the new you :):)

thanks for the warm welcome and advice!
i have tried every diet so far and failed miserably on all of them on so im hoping this will work out for me.
i think the 1lb weight loss is my own fault because for the first 4 days i had no side effects when i ate food that was higher in fat than it should have been, now the side effects have begun i dont think i will do that again in a hurry!!!
the other thing im confused about is, do u caount calories or fat? im so sorry for all these questions but i got no help from my dr he just gave me the pills, according to a diet site i am supposed to eat 1300 cal a day but i find that impossible and by 7pm im starving thats when i was eating the high fat food, no matter how much fruit and veg i eat during the day.......

morning :) - exciting to meet you new comers :)

make sure you drink plenty of water - it will help with your hungry pangs as well.

i don't have much of a sweet tooth - so I don't have to do anything with that.....

Fruit is wonderful - so enjoy it :)

I am doing weight watchers along with the xenical....i'm allowed 31 points a day - hopefully tomorrow that amount will have lessened with my weight loss.

don't be sad with one pound gone - think of it as a full bag of surgar :) - my first week with xenical I lost 6 pounds - then it went down to 2 - so the weight loss with them can be all over the place :) - so don't worry you will see results :) - this is my third week - and tomorrow is my weigh in day - so hopefully I see a little bit of results...

i still have a ways to go - but everything is a loss - and I am excited to be able to fit into my wedding dress - and to continue my healthy living journey from here on out for the rest of my life.

good luck to you and let us know how you are doing so we can support you :)

Hey jessica. it still doesnt look like you are eating much at all hun, i dont know how your surviving on that!! Do you eat anything between your meals?

Welcome wednesday and good luck with xenical, everyones weight loss is different, it all depends on how much you have to lose, so those (like me) could lose quite a bit of weight in the beginning!! But again everyone is different so you could lose alot, there is no set rule regarding weight loss!!

i know it doesn't seem like much - but everything is weight out on my scales - and i'm allowed 31 points a day - and thats what I have :)

i don't normally have a snack - if i do get hungry i'll have a biscuit :)

I know I am still amazed how you have the energy Jessica ......How is your day going ? How was church is it a jolly service , I love all the singing.......whats on your agenda today are you and Richard doing anything nice ? xx :)

todays food.......breakfast....oat so simple cranberry,apple,raisin porridge, 1 medium egg poached on 1 slice toast and cup of tea
lunch....bagel with cream cheese, ainsley harriot hot and sour cup a soup
dinner.....yorkshire pud with beef stew and veg, yogurt
snacks ....fruit

Wednesday when you feel hungry you need to eat fruit make sure you get a good water intake...for my height and weight I drink upto 4.3 litres a day!!

I count my calories and watch the fat intake you get used to it after a while....GOODLUCK :)

i do get all my calories - so i guess that is why I have energy :) - I can't even sleep in anymore lol :)

church was great :) - I really love the choir here!

I am not home yet - still driving home from church!

not sure what Richard and I will do might take a walk to the zoo around the corner.

Thats good that you are eating your calories :) I bet the choir is wonderful really lovely voices

Wow you have a zoo nearby take some piccies I love animals :):):)

i am amazed at how u survive on so little food jessica i would be starving!! i did ww before, and at first the weight loss was quite quick then it slowed right down, my dr and my ww leader both told me with the amount of exercise i was doing i wasnt eating enough calories so my body was holding in to everything it could in order to function, but if your losing i guess you must be eating enough i just know i couldnt cope with so little.....
today i intend to eat as much fruit as i can and increase my water intake, i guess right now i drink about 1.5 litres a day so im going to increase that to at least 2 litres to begin with.

I shall do so if I ever get home :) - we are stuck in traffic!!!

the choir here is HUGE - at least 2000 people in it so you can imagine how good it is :) - love it :)

I used to lead a choir in my home church in Newfoundland - but it was only like 40 people :p

its really not that little of calories though 31 points - 1 point equals 50 calories - I thought it was way less then that at the with the new WW system - but that has stayed the same so 31x50 =1550 calories - which is more then enough - some days I feel overly stuffed and I really don't like it...at all ...when I lose another 10 pounds or so I can go down to 28 points and remain on that for as long as I do weight watchers etc

i've never been a big eater - i've gained all my weight from steroid medication when I was really sick last year and its difficult to get off but slowly getting off now :)

your all so friendly on here, i have a question if someone can please help, since starting on monday i have not been to the toilet (not nice to ask i know) and it been 6 days now did anyone else have this problem and should i get something for it?
i have tried to put a photo on but it wont let me yet, xxx

Hi Kelly - I have not had times like that - but constipation is one of the side effects of xenical - so I wouldn't imagine it on heard of - how much water do you drink a day? and are you eating things that have fiber in it?

hi jessica, i am not drinking alot of water to be honest could this be the problem, i am having speacial k or one slice of toast for breakfast with a cup of tea, for dinner everyday i have a slim fast shake and for my tea i have a weight watchers meal.
i have 1 cup of tea a day and water (prob about 3 glasses) i eat fruit if i get hungry inbetween meals do you think im doing something wrong? any advice welcome thanks xxx

Back