Newbie trying to lose baby weight :-S

mdymond

Hi
My name is Michelle, I'm thirty and I am back to slimming world after the birth of my gorgeous son Charlie who is 6 months old tomorrow.

Currently weigh 12st 9lb and ideally would love to get to 9st 7lb, but I will take each pound off as a victory!!!

I really need some encouragement and so am looking forward to getting to know you all x

Hiya Michelle,

Congrats on the birth of your son! I have a little boy who is 5 months called Thomas and although he wasn't planned he is the best thing to have ever happened to us:) I'm in the same boat as you though need to lose nearly 2 stone before I turn 30 in April aghhh. Would be great to have a friend on here going through the same palava! I'm off work til aug and find being in the house a pain for being on a diet-just want to snack all day! The reintroduction of wine to my life now I've stopped breast feeding is not helping matters either! Haha x

Hi

Congrats to you too! It's difficult finding a minute to yourself isn't it, but they are so worth it for the gummy smiles you get!

I am really embracing the wine since being pregnant / breastfeeding, I am sure that this is half my problem! Back to the gym and slimming world as I know it works, but so difficult when you just need to grab something quick to eat. What diet are you following?

It's great to talk to someone who knows exactly what I'm going through, it's easy to forget that there are other people out there when you are at home all day!!!

Hey, I'm doing sw as well- not going to meetings or anything I have anyways been able to find the info i need online so trying to save the pennies! Been for a swim to tonight after Thomas went to bed- so much easier to do stuff now he has a regular bedtime! I try to go for walks during the day with him but when it's miserable like it has been today you end up just not leaving the house all day! Drives you potty doesn't it? The wine thing is ridiculous it's like I have been making up for the 12 months I didn't drink for! Got to stop! Just had an options hot choc to tide me over! How's yr day been? X

I'm not going to meetings or anything either - I have done sw so many times before, I am sure I could recite the plan in my sleep!! Yesterday was a good day, but it was Monday and my first 'real day' on plan so I still feel really motivated! I'm going to the gym this morning as they have a free crèche for an hour and it gets us both out of the house. This weather drives me crazy, and poor Charlie gets bored being stuck in the house with me a day!!! Always has the biggest smile for daddy when he gets home just because its a different face I think!!!!!

Have any plans today?

Yeah daddy always gets the smiles and the cuteness! Think they get sick of the sight of us all day everyday! My other half just plays with him each day for about 15mins- rarely puts him to bed or any of the other mean things so thomas thinks he's awesome! A free crèche at the gym- that's well handy! Mine doesn't even have one and if they did they would prob charge for it! Good luck with your workout though. What do you like doing? Im trying to get back into spinning at the moment - I hate going to the gym and using the machines I lose motivation after about 10mins so need a class to keep me going.
I have to pop into work today to sort out some keep in touch days. I work in a department full of women who love babies though so will probably end up being there most of the day haha! Will have to take some snacks in with me I think before the lure of the wrvs cafe gets me- they do amazing toast with lashings of real butter! Had it pretty much everyday when I was pregnant hence why I'm now on a diet:)

My favourite exercise is running and I much prefer to run outside, but when it's dark and horrible I will run in the gym. I don't really do classes, I've never tried them. I just go to the gym, and do an hour - hour 1/2 and follow a programme. It is a bit boring, but it is about the only hour I get to myself so just plug my earphones in and zone out!!! I hope you kit days go ok. I have actually started back at work as of beginning of jan for a couple days a week, I'm going back full time in march :-( not looking forward to it, but needs must. I have a really good childminder though and Charlie enjoys going there, so it's not all bad!

So far today, food wise I have been good, but I am starving now after the gym so I'll have to be careful not to undo all my hard work!! I hope you resisted the toast!!!

I love running outdoors as well but not done it for ages! Did a half marathon in aug 2010 and not really done much since then-had grand plans to do a triathalon but then got pregnant and very lazy apparently:) work was ok was just a flying visit (2 hours of everyone fighting for cuddles with Thomas haha!) going to do some shifts over school holidays when they are short and traffic is better (I have to do an 80 mile round trip - bumped up to 90 now I have to drop the boy off at my dads!) will be worth it for some extra pennies though! Boo to being back at work already:-( what do you do?

Well done on going to the gym- I bailed tonight to start planning my best mates 30th! Hopefully will get chance later in the week. Been ok food wise and managed to resist the toast:) hope you've made it through the day successfully x

Hi Michelle!

I've just started SW too- my daughter is 4 and a half months old (I also have a 3 1/2 yr boy). I notice we weigh exactly the same! Am 12 9 and my dream weight is ten stone but have set my first goal as eleven and a half- seems long enough off! My hub is a chef so works all day and evening so I'm under house arrest most nights but have started working out with kettlebells at home and quite like it. Am hoping for two pounds off on Monday but have always been a really slow loser with slimming world so more likely to be just a pound even though its my first week. Anyway, good luck with the plan!

I love running outdoors as well but not done it for ages! Did a half marathon in aug 2010 and not really done much since then-had grand plans to do a triathalon but then got pregnant and very lazy apparently:) work was ok was just a flying visit (2 hours of everyone fighting for cuddles with Thomas haha!) going to do some shifts over school holidays when they are short and traffic is better (I have to do an 80 mile round trip - bumped up to 90 now I have to drop the boy off at my dads!) will be worth it for some extra pennies though! Boo to being back at work already:-( what do you do?

Well done on going to the gym- I bailed tonight to start planning my best mates 30th! Hopefully will get chance later in the week. Been ok food wise and managed to resist the toast:) hope you've made it through the day successfully x

The last race I did was a half marathon in 2010, I was also a member of our local running club so went out all the time but once you are out of the habit............!

Everyone loves cuddling Charlie too, I'm sure trips out always take at least twice as long as they need to!

That is an impressive commute - it takes me two minutes to get to work! I'm an accountant, what do you do? The extra money does come in handy, but I do miss mummy and Charlie time :-(

I hope you have some exciting plans for your friends 30th! Mine was in August and went by with a bit of a whimper as Charlie was only a month old - will have to make up for it this year!

Yesterday was ok until I succumbed to a twirl with my evening coffee :-S I went to the gym again today to make up for it! Today has been much better, so hope it won't have done too much damage!

How have your days been?

Hi Michelle!

I've just started SW too- my daughter is 4 and a half months old (I also have a 3 1/2 yr boy). I notice we weigh exactly the same! Am 12 9 and my dream weight is ten stone but have set my first goal as eleven and a half- seems long enough off! My hub is a chef so works all day and evening so I'm under house arrest most nights but have started working out with kettlebells at home and quite like it. Am hoping for two pounds off on Monday but have always been a really slow loser with slimming world so more likely to be just a pound even though its my first week. Anyway, good luck with the plan!

Hiya

All these little babies! So cute, but they do some damage to our bodies don't they!! How are you getting on with the plan? I always find it takes me a little while to get back into the right frame of mind and not let twirls enter my life :-S I'm just hoping that my gym sessions this week will make up for it!

When you first start the end goal always feels a million miles away, but you have to start somewhere and I keep thinking that I will be slimmer each week than if I didn't do anything at all. Hopefully anyway!

What a nightmare having a chef for a husband though - I reckon I would be quadruple the size I am if mine was!

Good luck to you too, lets hope we can all motivate each other to goal!

Sounds good! Think I got a bit complacent as I lost weight easily after number one but my tummy is a whole different shape now! Plan good but I'm having the usual battle with myself as to whether I do what the plan says and 'fill up' on free food or whether I try to act more like a normal person. Eg tonight I've just had a portion of free spag Bol but am sitting with my stomach rumbling and think I could easily eat another plateful but who does that on a diet?!? Think I'll compromise- have a cup of tea and if I'm still hungry in an hour go ahead and have some more.

Hey, How's yr week continuing? A twirl isn't that bad! And definitely isn't bad if you went to the gym to compensate! That's the one thing I don't get about sw - you don't get rewarded for exercising (ie a sneaky few extra syns allowed!) I've been for a walk today - did about 5k then I did 30 min spinning class so I kind of feel ive earned a treat (currently trying to resist the bottle of wine in the fridge haha!) do you think you will train for another half marathon? It's so hard when you have a baby though isn't it? Me and the other half used to train together and we totally didn't appreciate the freedom of being able to go out whenever we wanted! Very jealous of your very short commute to work! I'm a cardiac physiologist working for the nhs. I could work in any hospital really and if we don't move house in the next couple of years I would definitely have to look at changing jobs!

Planning a karoke booth for my friends birthday she will love it (my idea of hell though!) you will definitely have to celebrate turning 31 this year then instead!

Is the diet still going to plan? I find weekends the most difficult so will see if I make it through that:)

Plan good but I'm having the usual battle with myself as to whether I do what the plan says and 'fill up' on free food eor whether I try to act more like a normal person.

I know exactly what you mean, it feels wrong to just eat as much as you like when you feel hungry, I always think 'how can you possibly lose weight eating all that' but I have to say it does work! When I did it last time, my portions just got smaller over time and I didn't feel so hungry anyway - can't wait for that this time!

Did you resist the extra portion in the end?

Hey, How's yr week continuing? A twirl isn't that bad! And definitely isn't bad if you went to the gym to compensate! That's the one thing I don't get about sw - you don't get rewarded for exercising (ie a sneaky few extra syns allowed!) I've been for a walk today - did about 5k then I did 30 min spinning class so I kind of feel ive earned a treat (currently trying to resist the bottle of wine in the fridge haha!) do you think you will train for another half marathon? It's so hard when you have a baby though isn't it? Me and the other half used to train together and we totally didn't appreciate the freedom of being able to go out whenever we wanted! Very jealous of your very short commute to work! I'm a cardiac physiologist working for the nhs. I could work in any hospital really and if we don't move house in the next couple of years I would definitely have to look at changing jobs!

Planning a karoke booth for my friends birthday she will love it (my idea of hell though!) you will definitely have to celebrate turning 31 this year then instead!

Is the diet still going to plan? I find weekends the most difficult so will see if I make it through that:)

Week is going well so far (well the scales will tell on Monday, but I feel like I'm doing ok!) - I've got a new programme at the gym and its brutal! I'm aching everywhere - which can only be a good thing! I also feel that when I've exercising I'm justified in having a treat. The plan works if you don't exercise so how much can it hurt?!

I'm training for a 7 mile race in March and I would live to do another half marathon, don't think it will happen for a while though! How about you? Me and my husband used to train together too and so it's hard no we have to take it in turns - I can't do as much as I would like - there just aren't enough hours in the day!

Karaoke is also my idea of hell, but fun to watch others!

Weekends are the most difficult to follow plan as you can't plan so much as during the week - lets hope we get through this weekend unscathed!

Week is going well so far (well the scales will tell on Monday, but I feel like I'm doing ok!) - I've got a new programme at the gym and its brutal! I'm aching everywhere - which can only be a good thing! I also feel that when I've exercising I'm justified in having a treat. The plan works if you don't exercise so how much can it hurt?!

I'm training for a 7 mile race in March and I would live to do another half marathon, don't think it will happen for a while though! How about you? Me and my husband used to train together too and so it's hard no we have to take it in turns - I can't do as much as I would like - there just aren't enough hours in the day!

Karaoke is also my idea of hell, but fun to watch others!

Weekends are the most difficult to follow plan as you can't plan so much as during the week - lets hope we get through this weekend unscathed!

Yr gym program sounds hardcore! Keep at it! You don't have one of those personal trainers do you that make you feel like you are never working hard enough haha! I hate the thought of going to the gym but feel so much better after going. Did spinning last night and spinning plus circuits tonight (grandparents babysit every Friday for an hour so we can go to the class together it's brill-saying that Thomas took three hours to settle in bed tonight so it may have better if we had stayed at home but never mind:) 7 miles in March would be a fab achievement! I doubt I would be able to do that! I did want to do another half marathon in August - the last one we did we did in 2 hrs 1min- gutted to not get under 2 so that's my goal for next time! Far too cold to be out running now though:) hope you have a nice weekend x d

Back