newbie /want to start again

dolphin

hello all

i did lipotrim last year and lost 4 1/2 stone in three months. i put a stone back on and was fine with that "got the boobs back" but the last month or so i dont know what went wrong and have unfortunatley put 1 1/2 stone back on . the thing is i want to go back on lipotrim before i put all my weight back on but the chemist that i went to thet were not very nice . on many occation i was made to fell like a naughty little girl being told off at scholl when i put weight on after taking things to help with the flu also i had a two week rest over christmas jesus any one would had thought i had killed some one they way she told me off . this really didnt help and when i hit my goal i couldnt wait to stop going (my two friends who went there also found them horribly) . they made you feel as if you were a pain in the backside every week . i really want to go back on it but dont wish to go there as i know she will really have a go at me for putting the weight back on. the only other chemist near by isnt open to fit around work and i dont drive making it really difficult .my work friends who did it went to different chemists near home and they said they were really good they got good support aswell when they went onto maintenence as i never did so i know this isnt how they are meant to be with you any advice what to do next welcome help

Hi Dolphin, where are you based?? You could try LL or CD which are also VLCDs, and your relationship with your counsellor would hopefully be more supportive.

If you call 0800 161412 you can find the nearest CDCs to you, and I believe if you go to LighterLife,Life in balance - Weight management programme you can email for details of counsellors. Good luck.

cheers for the reply and info im thinking of being strong and going back to the chemist and telling her that i didnt feel i got the support that i needed especialy with the refeed . will give LL and cd a call and see what they say maybe better with a councillo r to help

dolphin
:)

Hi Dolphin, I would seriously recommend CD - they CDCs are much more supportive than the pharmacists, and it makes whole load of difference. Several of us seem to have had poor experiences with LT pharmacies - I havent even had a call from mine asking why I havent been there in 3 weeks... great, huh?!

I doubt they give a damn Elle. I would recommend CD too Dolphin and I havent started yet but I have seen my CDC and she was really nice and seemed to care which I never got with the chemist.

hello all

i did lipotrim last year and lost 4 1/2 stone in three months. i put a stone back on and was fine with that "got the boobs back" but the last month or so i dont know what went wrong and have unfortunatley put 1 1/2 stone back on . the thing is i want to go back on lipotrim before i put all my weight back on but the chemist that i went to thet were not very nice . on many occation i was made to fell like a naughty little girl being told off at scholl when i put weight on after taking things to help with the flu also i had a two week rest over christmas jesus any one would had thought i had killed some one they way she told me off . this really didnt help and when i hit my goal i couldnt wait to stop going (my two friends who went there also found them horribly) . they made you feel as if you were a pain in the backside every week . i really want to go back on it but dont wish to go there as i know she will really have a go at me for putting the weight back on. the only other chemist near by isnt open to fit around work and i dont drive making it really difficult .my work friends who did it went to different chemists near home and they said they were really good they got good support aswell when they went onto maintenence as i never did so i know this isnt how they are meant to be with you any advice what to do next welcome help

If you can find a CDC close by it seem to be a better bet - there is real one to one motivation from people who have gone through the journey too. I am still on LT cos there arent many CDCs close to me and it just got too difficult...however I am continuing to look.....

Bea, My CDC is a member on here and she said that there are at least two CDCs in Dublin that she knows of and that they are members of Minimins too. Im not sure if you have already talked to these two but it could be worth posting a thread in the CD forum asking for a CDC??

jumped on board

well ladies i made my mind up and have found another chemist so i bit the bullet and went today . i didnt know if i should tell them that i had done it before incase i got told off ( how stupid god dame im 31 years old) well im so glad i did they where really nice i told them i had done it before and she was really incouraging and said how well i had done to keep the bulk of the weight off !!!. she asked me what my goal was if i had one and just talked to me like a normal human being and im really excited to be back on it (for now) and to see the rest of the weight coming off :) . just wished i had gone there in the first place and it is easier to get there than the last place. i already had a day worth in so started this morning doing ok drinking loads and loads of water sick of the loo already but hey its a small price to pay was hungry for about an hour today , iwork in a kitchen so find all the nice food hard but just kepted myself busy looking forward to sharing my weight loss with you all and think i will be on here a lot to keep my away from the kitchen and my mind busy .thanks for advice on cd but there dosnt seem to be one that close to me will see how i go on on Lt for now

august 06 15st 7lb
january07 10st 7lb
sept 10 07 12st 4lb

dolphin

Well done for getting through the first day back dolphin!! I am starting CD again today too after a break so we can help each other through the hard first week !! Poor you working in a kitchen and SSing but you will be even more proud of yourself because of the hard circumstances you are in when you get through every day!

Bea, My CDC is a member on here and she said that there are at least two CDCs in Dublin that she knows of and that they are members of Minimins too. Im not sure if you have already talked to these two but it could be worth posting a thread in the CD forum asking for a CDC??

Yeah I know....however they live a good drive away from me and with Dublin traffic I spend each evening stressing about getting home on time..my hubby works shift (he's a fireman) and he has no choice but to be in work on time. Our little boy goes to Creche 3days a week and I spend the other days rushing to get to him by 6pm......the chemist is literally next door and while I am not really happy with LT (sooooo boring and hate the chemist girl ha!) it means there is no stress for me in getting to pick up the weekly supply and weigh in....

I have only three months to go.....so I am going to grin and bear it!!!:mad:

well ladies i made my mind up and have found another chemist so i bit the bullet and went today . i didnt know if i should tell them that i had done it before incase i got told off ( how stupid god dame im 31 years old) well im so glad i did they where really nice i told them i had done it before and she was really incouraging and said how well i had done to keep the bulk of the weight off !!!. she asked me what my goal was if i had one and just talked to me like a normal human being and im really excited to be back on it (for now) and to see the rest of the weight coming off :) . just wished i had gone there in the first place and it is easier to get there than the last place. i already had a day worth in so started this morning doing ok drinking loads and loads of water sick of the loo already but hey its a small price to pay was hungry for about an hour today , iwork in a kitchen so find all the nice food hard but just kepted myself busy looking forward to sharing my weight loss with you all and think i will be on here a lot to keep my away from the kitchen and my mind busy .thanks for advice on cd but there dosnt seem to be one that close to me will see how i go on on Lt for now

august 06 15st 7lb
january07 10st 7lb
sept 10 07 12st 4lb

dolphin

Well done Dolphin....I actually "attempted" to go to talk to the chemist about LT loads of time but was so self concious but eventually got the courage and have lost 50llbs since June!!! way to go....you will be at target in no time!!! Glad the Chemist is so supportive it makes a difference (mine is full of skinny girl who never had to diet....ha!!)

Well done for getting through the first day back dolphin!! I am starting CD again today too after a break so we can help each other through the hard first week !! Poor you working in a kitchen and SSing but you will be even more proud of yourself because of the hard circumstances you are in when you get through every day!

BEST OF LUCK!!!! Way to go....hope you are doing ok!!!:D

Yeah I know....however they live a good drive away from me and with Dublin traffic I spend each evening stressing about getting home on time..my hubby works shift (he's a fireman) and he has no choice but to be in work on time. Our little boy goes to Creche 3days a week and I spend the other days rushing to get to him by 6pm......the chemist is literally next door and while I am not really happy with LT (sooooo boring and hate the chemist girl ha!) it means there is no stress for me in getting to pick up the weekly supply and weigh in....

I have only three months to go.....so I am going to grin and bear it!!!:mad:

Wow that sounds like a hectic life you have got going on there after work and before you get home!! I will post your packs to you;)!!

Three months will fly in though and another WOW with you losing 50lbs so far, you must be sooooooo proubd of yourself!!!

Oh yeah and imagine being married to a fireman, hot stuff, lucky you, or should I say lucky him because you are be hot stuff yourself!!

I know....he's pretty hunky I have to say LOL....the three months will fly by....looking forward to seeing that ticker move towards that goal....we are all more or less on the same track now....its great having all you guys on the site!!!

Well you and Elle are a good bit ahead of me now but sure we are all going down instaed of up which is good!!

Not really when you think about it....I have just over 3 stone to loose ( I am not that tall so need to get to about 9st 8llbs to look normal!!) so in terms of whats left to loose we are all heading for that Nov/Dec goal....we can keep each other going....

I had a photo of me on my first ducati, taken abut 8-9 years ago, when I was about 9st 10... and I thought I looked fat in it. I've hidden it now lol, but my arms looked so thin, and my face.... yet I never felt like I looked! Our perception of ourselves is quite odd isnt it?!

Back