newbie who needs all the help she can get

You sound like you had a very busy weekend, It's definitely easier to do sw when food is planned and routine is followed, onwards and upwards Jem :)

hanks guys for your support I really do hope I get it off this week but its not lookin good so far.....my son had to have 4 teeth out and 2 filled this morning in hospital at 8.30 am so didn't have breakfast and when I did get round to it I had a fry up .........the only thing on it was the bread which I need to syn so I'm hopeing it wont be too bad ...anyway from tomorrow morn I am planning the remainder of the week and sticking faithfully to it ...so wish me luck guys x

You don't need luck Jem, you know how to do it and that's better than leaving it to luck :).

thanks GG ...It ended up not too bad a day yesterday I had a yoghurt strawberries and a nectarine for lunch and chicken and rice with loads of stirfry veggies so really the only syns I had was the bread on my fry ...am planning a much better day today and will post all later hope everyone having a good day x

menu for wed 1st Aug

today was quite a good day with me sticking to plan and making sure I got all my superfree and superspeed and even a few treats

Breakfast boiled egg 2 wm toast(hexB) grapefruit ss/sf strawberries ss/sf
Lunch salad bowl.....lettuce sf tomatoes sf onion sf beetroot cucumber red peppersf boiled egg mixed with 2 tblsp salad cream reduced fat (2syns) alpen light bar
(4syns) 4 haribo (2syns)
Dinner boiled ham carrot sf parsnip, garden peas ss/sf califlower sf with tomato sf and onion sf mixed with 25g ex lite philly (hexA) sf sw angel delight 4 haribo
( 2syns)

total syns for today 10 drank loads of water and done 40 sit ups ...every little helps..lol x

Love your new layout Jem, you're definitely focused, lovely food. I had a major blip last night (vino wise) but i think it's because it's totm and I'm not giving into sugar cravings but no more mucking around 'cause I hate falling off the plan

now my menu for today 2nd Aug

Breakfast magic porridge with 35g porridge oats (hexB) mullerlight toffee, strawberries ss/sf nectarine sf
Lunch homemade lentil soup with loads carrots n onion sf, melon ss/sf raspberries sf
pm snack alpen light bar( 4syns) tea (hexA)
Dinner sliced boiled ham tomatoes sf,mushrooms sf,baked beans ss, mini crunchie bar (5syns)

total syns today 9
am feeling really hungry today and dont know what to have that would be syn free so I might just go for a nice soak in the bath then early to bed with a good dvd or finish reading about Christian Grey !!!!!! x

thanks gg I'm hoping that it will help me see if I'm missimg out on superfree etc want to get as much superspeed and superfree in as possible to see if it will boost my weight loss.....I am fighting the urge to buy some vino myself ..fri/sat nights are when I would tend to have a drink but to get the weight loss I want I am going to try harder to say NO!

its such a miserable day here today...rain ...rain...rain..hope you all are having a nicer day wherever you are .
here is my menu for today so far
fri 3rd aug

Breakfast grapefruit ss/sf melon ss/sf
Lunch large salad bowl with turkey and ham slices ......lettuce sf,tomatoes sf,onions,sf jalepenos green pepper sf tablesp saladcr (2syns) tea (hexA)
strawberry biscuit (6 syns)
dinner( planned) stuffed pork chop (with ww br bread hexB) onion and herbs served with leeks sf mushrooms sf and tomatoes sf
hopefully I wont be having anything else except maybe a yoghurt and fruit x

its such a miserable day here today...rain ...rain...rain..hope you all are having a nicer day wherever you are .
here is my menu for today so far
fri 3rd aug

Breakfast grapefruit ss/sf melon ss/sf
Lunch large salad bowl with turkey and ham slices ......lettuce sf,tomatoes sf,onions,sf jalepenos green pepper sf tablesp saladcr (2syns) tea (hexA)
strawberry biscuit (6 syns)
dinner( planned) stuffed pork chop (with ww br bread hexB) onion and herbs served with leeks sf mushrooms sf and tomatoes sf
hopefully I wont be having anything else except maybe a yoghurt and fruit x

no vino to compliment the pork:cry:lol

Yes GG I know its hard to believe but NO vino had 4 vodkas later thou lol

well guys I didn't have anything more to eat last night but I had 4 vodka and slimlines which brought my syns for the day to 18 but still on track for the week.going to have less syns today hopefully to make up for it .
went for a long walk today as the sun is finally shining in norn ireland lol, and everything is going to plan so far.

menu for today sat 4th Aug

Breakfast strawberries ss/sf ,pineapple sf, bluberries sf mullerlight yogurt
Lunch chicken pieces with lettuce sf, tomato sf,onion sf, teasp balsamic , tea (HexA)
Dinner chicken thigh fillets sprinkled with curry spices oven baked with tomato sf and onion sf salad and 1/3 portion chippy chips (9syns) ( son brough them home and I couldn't resist )
2 vodkas and slimline

syns for today 14

Last edited:
have just made a syn free panna cotta which I will post the recipe for later once I see if it sets ok and it tastes ok.....am rather excited about iy as I love panna cotta ...can't wait to try it x

Yum panna cotta hope it turns out ok, I love it also :) And well done for only taking a third of the chippy chips, not easy at all to resist!!

have just made a syn free panna cotta which I will post the recipe for later once I see if it sets ok and it tastes ok.....am rather excited about iy as I love panna cotta ...can't wait to try it x

Sounds delish. I'm having alot of fresh fruit salads with ff yoghurt and sweetner but I have some days where i could just murder a proper dessert so I'll definitely be trying this if you think it's good. I'm hoping to give the Banoffee Ice Cream Pie a go this week too...(had my first Alpen bar today, the sweet cravings to the better of me, 2 bites and it was gone)

well guys the panna cotta was delish althou it could have been a bit sweeter so next time I will add some sweetener, I will TRY to post a pic later along with the recipe

so yesterdays menu was ....

sun 5th aug
Breakfast none slept late
Lunch 3 lf sausages (3syns) dry fried egg tomatoes sf 2 slices wm toast(hexB) , tea ( hexA)
Dinner sirloin steak ,mushrooms sf , tomatoes sf, garden peas ss/sf, onions sf actifry chips (1 syn)......vanilla panna cotta and strawberries sf/ss
..........................later I gave in and had 4 glasses of wine ......well I have been good all week !!!!

so discusted I had a sts this week I don't know what I have to do to lose weight could someome please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

so discusted I had a sts this week I don't know what I have to do to lose weight could someome please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Awk no...I can't see anything that you are doing wrong Jem. I think that maybe sts is one of the hazards of the plan. Are you drinking plenty of water? , at least you haven't gained which is a plus

IMAG0234 panna.jpg my lovely SYN FREE Panna cotta

as promised here is the recipe............

1 cup skimmed milk (hexA)
2 cups fat free natural yoghurt
1/4 cup boiling water
1 tablsp gelatin powder
vanilla extract
sweetener

combine milk and vanilla and bring to the boil ... add sweetner at this stage what ever you want (I added 1 tablesp but I would have prefered more )cool to room temp. mix in yoghurt add gelatine to boiling water and stir till disolved add to yoghurt mix pour into 4 dishes chill and set ......enjoy......if I have got it wrong and its NOT syn free please let me know.

I used my hexa milk as over 4 days it would only be part of my allowance

Back