Newbie with an admission

Wow, well done!! That is fantastic! Thank you for sharing the tips as well.:)

It is interesting to read that ground beef has made a difference to you because I have read where some people have said the same about beef. But others have said that they notice a difference when they eat chicken and still others have said seafood etc..

Can I ask how you prepare your beef burgers? Do you add herbs, spices, eggs or anything else or is it only the minced beef?

Wow, well done!! That is fantastic! Thank you for sharing the tips as well.:)

It is interesting to read that ground beef has made a difference to you because I have read where some people have said the same about beef. But others have said that they notice a difference when they eat chicken and still others have said seafood etc..

Can I ask how you prepare your beef burgers? Do you add herbs, spices, eggs or anything else or is it only the minced beef?

I bought a few packs of reduced minced steak from Tesco, the one that is less than 5% fat.

I divided the 500g packs into 5 portions so 5 x 1/4lb burgers, rolled into a ball, flattened with my hand and just dry fried in a very good non stick pan until no more blood ran out.

I then left to cool, popped into a ziplock bag and left in the fridge to nibble on.

I have been having mini chicken fillet breasts for my main meals and just eaten the burgers as snacks really.

Sounds daft having them as snacks but it has been working, I lost just under a 1lb yesterday which isn't bad considering it is TOTM again.

I didn't add anything to them at all as they are quite tasty, must be because they are nearly all beef and hardly any fat.

I will def look out for those again if they are reduced.

It is £3.30 normally for 500g and I paid £1.65 which was quite good and there was still plenty of colour left in it, not brown at all.

;)

Hi, thank you. The reason I asked is if you had added all the ingredients like herbs and spices and were still very effective for you but it appears they were pure beef and maybe that could be the reason. Thanks for this, I too will give it a try.:)

Hi, thank you. The reason I asked is if you had added all the ingredients like herbs and spices and were still very effective for you but it appears they were pure beef and maybe that could be the reason. Thanks for this, I too will give it a try.:)

Has anyone experience problems with added pure spices*? In theory they should help with weight loss, as pepper, chilli, ginger, rosemary etc tend to raise the metabolism.

(*As opposed to spice mixes that contain starch, salt, sugar etc.)

The one I bought was the healthy living one below. It is £3.30 for 500g, 2 for £6.

420%5C5018374877420%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

I was going to buy another bag of frozen prawns but decided I will buy some more of this at full price when I run out.

Seems to make me lose more than the prawns and turkey mince.

I guess it is because it takes longer for the body to break down the tougher molecules in beef steak.

;)

I always buy the 5% mince beef but do tend to add a lot of herbs and spices.

Must admit I do worry about this because I do usually add loads. Not just to minced beef but to chicken as well.

I know most normal people would add a little spice but sadly I'm not so normal when it comes to food and perhaps my herbs and spices could be categorised as veg on PP days.:eek:

I'm trying not to go overboard now but do love my spices and was hoping this could be a good example. I will definitely try this with none next week.

I can regain 7K in a week (yes kilos not pounds...) when "off diet".

:eek: OMG, surely there must be some big time water retention in there???? that is A lot to gain in a week!!!:eek:

Absolutely, huge water retention whenever I go OTT on carbs etc on "breaks" from the diet. Usually 3-4K will go in a week's Dukan after such a gain.

Atropos has explained it beautifully before, and I forget now what the exact technical explanation was, but 40% I think she said, of the population is carb sensitive, and I'm definitely in there!

As someone who's weighed 22 stone and 10 stone 7lbs in the past 8 years, my weight fluctuates wildly which is probably par for the course!

Absolutely, huge water retention whenever I go OTT on carbs etc on "breaks" from the diet. Usually 3-4K will go in a week's Dukan after such a gain.

Atropos has explained it beautifully before, and I forget now what the exact technical explanation was, but 40% I think she said, of the population is carb sensitive, and I'm definitely in there!

As someone who's weighed 22 stone and 10 stone 7lbs in the past 8 years, my weight fluctuates wildly which is probably par for the course!

:worthy:Wow maintainer you are an inspiration to all...specially people with more weight to lose as they can get discouraged.

It can be done!!!!

Ok, reached my goal weight this morning, 8st 7lbs :D.

So am starting conso from today but need some advice please.

I am going to a leaving do at lunchtime which is a chinese buffet ie all that you can eat for £7.50.

Now normally, I would have the gateaux, cheescake etc which I obv won't be eating and I will be drinking water or one glass of diet coke.

However, they have about 50 dishes to choose from. I know to avoid chicken wings etc with the skin on but will I be ok having dry ribs, salt and pepper chicken etc? They do have things like beef and mushroom and chicken breast pieces etc to choose from as well as fresh king prawns etc.

Will I also be ok having beansprouts etc.

I know they have salad stuff which will be ok.

Are you having this as your first gala meal? If so then there is not so much worry as you are allowed to eat for your gala meal. If it is just a general PV day then it will be harder. I haven't had chinese since starting and finishing this diet.

Oh and congratulations on reaching your goal :)

CONGRATULATIONS DontWanna!!!! You did it!!! Well done girl!!!! x

God no!!! I wish! I wouldn't put up any photos that could be identified as me because I'd be mortified if anyone I used to know saw them and knew I'd let myself get so chubsy! Might put up an *after* one when I reach goal though...maybe without my head! ;) x

God no!!! I wish! I wouldn't put up any photos that could be identified as me because I'd be mortified if anyone I used to know saw them and knew I'd let myself get so chubsy! Might put up an *after* one when I reach goal though...maybe without my head! ;) x

:rotflmao:

That is how I would do it, without my head!

:D

Don't want to scare anybody.

;)

Come on, don't be shy. We know your inner most secrets and fears, surely a picture can't be that bad. I braved it and I am no spring chicken (to say the least).

Oh you looked fabulous Poppy! I will definitely take a photo when I reach goal....In 8lbs!!! x

Ah bless you my child! I do feel much better and feel I look younger now although my little girl just informed me after her bedtime kiss that I have a prickly chin like her dad's!:cry::eek:

Actual LOL Poppy!!! ;) x

Back