Newbie with an upcoming wedding

amylou23

Hello everyone I did join this site in january and Shamefully I forgot about it *smacks hand*

Well I am 22 years old from Wrexham Uk and am currently studying for my degree in radio and broadcast journalism.

Now I have come to this site simply because I need to lose weight desperately. I have not always been a big woman but in the last couple of years i have put on about 6 stone. Now I don't want to lose the 6st as I don't think that would be healthy for the person I am now.

I am getting married next october (2011) and would love to lose a decent amount of weight ( I already have my dress and it fits just at a size 16) I am 13st9 for a frame of 5.3ft is a little on the overkill. I really would love to get down to around the 10 stone mark for my wedding.

Another thing I should probably mention is that i retain water really bad. I do have a prescription for water tablets but I know that the only way to keep the water off is to lose weight.

So really thats me oh and i am rather active I do competitive (fluffy) morris dancing 2 times a week.

Hope I get to know some of you a little better

Hi & Welcome,

I have only recently joined it myself as I am doing the SW diet which is working for me.
There is a HEAP of information on the Forum so I would have a look around, and I am sure that someone who has been using it for a while will add their welcome and advise.

Ourlad
:)

Thanks for the reply outland. I am having a little nose at some of the tips on here but the question is how much is everything a week.

I find some diets are way to pricey but I shall have to do a little research.

The other difficult factor is my other half he eats like a horse and stays the same weight so its finding a diet that will work with and around his eating habbits

Welcome Amylou, I cant believe you do competitive Morris Dancing? I never knew there was such a thing? Congrats on you're engagement also.

Hi Amylou, I've never heard of Competitive Morris Dancing either! Sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm not sure if the water retention means that certain diets wouldn't be suitable for you.

Because of the expense then perhaps lighterlife isn't for you, but there are certainly lots of different diets/healthy eating plans out there and lots of people on here posting on here about which one they are doing.

Perhaps slimming world or weight watchers would be good for you because you can still eat regular meals without it affecting your relationship if he is a big eater.

Whatever you decide to do, then just keep in mind that you can do, you will do it and we all look forward to seeing your wedding pics! x

Hello and welcome to Minis!

If you're looking for a diet that can fit nicely around your OHs eating habits then I can recommend SW. With such a huge choice of free foods I'm sure there's plenty left there to keep you both satisfied. A lot of people in the SW section also join a group for the information pack and then go it alone, so if money is an issue that might work nicely for you. I can only recommend SW I'm afraid as that's the plan I've been following.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck with your weight loss and I look forward to seeing you around :D

Welcome and good luck with your weight loss and congrats on the engagement.

Hi and :welcome: to the forums! Everyone on here is lovely and there is plenty of support and advice available! So youhave definitely come to the right place. You have loads of time to lose the weight and I am sure you will reach goal in no time!
Good luck on your weight loss journey
Sharkbait1983 x

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone.

Well my doctor really wants me to lose weight for health reasons so I am suited to a few diets out there.

Oh and competitive morris dancing is something only girls do. Not the men bashing sticks together erm It is hard to explain really as many people think it is sort of like cheerleading.

I'm not sure if I can do this but I will put a youtube link up for you to all see what it is

YouTube - Valencia Seniors

Back