Newbie with question..

Discussion in 'Diet Chef' started by AutumnAsh, 4 March 2009 Social URL.

1. AutumnAsh

AutumnAsh New Member

Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Diet:
    DC - maybe?
    Hi

I just found out I've been "accidentally" doing DC for a whjile now - well, almost! I went onto shift work for a few months and found these delicious pouches of food that were ideal to take to work and stick in the microwave.. I even lost a bit of weight! Then I came off the night work and went back to normal... ooop :cry:
    Anyway, I was thinking of signing up to DC as I think it could work for me (I'm a very lazy cook and rubbish is so much faster to make!). I also think it might work out cheaper as if all I need to add is the veg I can avoid the oh so tempting aisles of the supermarket.

Could someone give me an idea of what a sample menu would be like, what you might eat during the day? I did try a cocoa nked bar and have to say it was pretty vile...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CarolineM

CarolineM Stubborn and doing it

Welcome :D

Oh yeah, those cocoa bars are an acquired taste, but you can select what you do and do not want in your box.

A typical day may be:-

Lizi's Granola with some berries and milk

Pea & Ham soup, apple

Mutton Stew with lots of cabbage.

You can add in more fruit if you want or have a yogurt with your granola.

If you check out the DC website - they have a list of what kind of food is available, including alternatives to the abomination known as the "Nak'd Cocoa Bar" hehe

4. AutumnAsh

AutumnAsh New Member

Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Diet:
    DC - maybe?
    Hi Caroline - thanks. I had a rummage round and found a file that included sample meal plans, and saw the alternative stuff (the Berry Low?).
    I won't be ordering before next week, when I'll be on leave and here when it arrives. I still have plenty of pouches though as Waitrose were doing 25% off! And I wondered about Fruitus bars instead of the Nked ones. They are a few more calories but it seems so low-cal anyway I don't think an extra 20 or so would be a big worry. I shall sort of toddle along this week before launching off!
    DC seem to have broadened their range a lot which is good.

5. bryal99

bryal99 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Diet Chef
    Hi Autumn Ash - I am on week 8 (can't remember !!) I think, but still really enjoying it all.

I am in a (sad??) routine with my meals and eating. I have granola and 0%fat yog (vanilla activa) an apple and a banana - for breakfast, soup - for lunch (I love all the flavours especially the thick stew like ones !! ) and an apple, main meal -usually in the evening - plus baby spinach (cooked in the bag - microwave) I try and drink lots of water, tea and coffee. Again I like all the main meals especially chilli con carne and chicken curry!).
    GOOD LUCK !!:D:D

Generally I stick to the plan 100% - I have had a few meals out and generally chose healthly low GI meals - low/no carbs and I have 3 evenings where I have drunk more wine than I should have ! Otherwise no alcohol at all !

6. AutumnAsh

AutumnAsh New Member

Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Diet:
    DC - maybe?
    Thanks guys!

DC do seem to have some additional meals to those offered by Look What We Found, which is a bonus.

As there's only me to feed, I have found the pouches work out cheaper - I'm a really bad shopper - full of good intentions when I do my weekend shop but end up too knackered to cook and wasting loads. Rather than buying stuff I think I should, just buying these and some additional fruit and veg probably knocked a third off my bill. Also meant I was more likely to pop to the farm shop and get fresher stuff.

I love the granola with yoghurt - well, the plain stuff. Not sure what the flavours will be like! :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.