Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Newbie with question..

Discussion in 'Diet Chef' started by AutumnAsh, 4 March 2009 Social URL.

1. AutumnAsh

AutumnAsh New Member

Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Diet:
    DC - maybe?
    Hi

I just found out I've been "accidentally" doing DC for a whjile now - well, almost! I went onto shift work for a few months and found these delicious pouches of food that were ideal to take to work and stick in the microwave.. I even lost a bit of weight! Then I came off the night work and went back to normal... ooop :cry:
    Anyway, I was thinking of signing up to DC as I think it could work for me (I'm a very lazy cook and rubbish is so much faster to make!). I also think it might work out cheaper as if all I need to add is the veg I can avoid the oh so tempting aisles of the supermarket.

Could someone give me an idea of what a sample menu would be like, what you might eat during the day? I did try a cocoa nked bar and have to say it was pretty vile...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CarolineM

CarolineM Stubborn and doing it

Welcome :D

Oh yeah, those cocoa bars are an acquired taste, but you can select what you do and do not want in your box.

A typical day may be:-

Lizi's Granola with some berries and milk

Pea & Ham soup, apple

Mutton Stew with lots of cabbage.

You can add in more fruit if you want or have a yogurt with your granola.

If you check out the DC website - they have a list of what kind of food is available, including alternatives to the abomination known as the "Nak'd Cocoa Bar" hehe

4. AutumnAsh

AutumnAsh New Member

Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Diet:
    DC - maybe?
    Hi Caroline - thanks. I had a rummage round and found a file that included sample meal plans, and saw the alternative stuff (the Berry Low?).
    I won't be ordering before next week, when I'll be on leave and here when it arrives. I still have plenty of pouches though as Waitrose were doing 25% off! And I wondered about Fruitus bars instead of the Nked ones. They are a few more calories but it seems so low-cal anyway I don't think an extra 20 or so would be a big worry. I shall sort of toddle along this week before launching off!
    DC seem to have broadened their range a lot which is good.

5. bryal99

bryal99 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Diet Chef
    Hi Autumn Ash - I am on week 8 (can't remember !!) I think, but still really enjoying it all.

I am in a (sad??) routine with my meals and eating. I have granola and 0%fat yog (vanilla activa) an apple and a banana - for breakfast, soup - for lunch (I love all the flavours especially the thick stew like ones !! ) and an apple, main meal -usually in the evening - plus baby spinach (cooked in the bag - microwave) I try and drink lots of water, tea and coffee. Again I like all the main meals especially chilli con carne and chicken curry!).
    GOOD LUCK !!:D:D

Generally I stick to the plan 100% - I have had a few meals out and generally chose healthly low GI meals - low/no carbs and I have 3 evenings where I have drunk more wine than I should have ! Otherwise no alcohol at all !

6. AutumnAsh

AutumnAsh New Member

Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Diet:
    DC - maybe?
    Thanks guys!

DC do seem to have some additional meals to those offered by Look What We Found, which is a bonus.

As there's only me to feed, I have found the pouches work out cheaper - I'm a really bad shopper - full of good intentions when I do my weekend shop but end up too knackered to cook and wasting loads. Rather than buying stuff I think I should, just buying these and some additional fruit and veg probably knocked a third off my bill. Also meant I was more likely to pop to the farm shop and get fresher stuff.

I love the granola with yoghurt - well, the plain stuff. Not sure what the flavours will be like! :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.