Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Sturdy, 29 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Sturdy

Sturdy Member

Hi I have started on the Cambridge diet today, I have had a porridge sachet this morning, it was lumpy and not nice at all, can anyone tell me how to make it without lumps as I have another 6 sachets to get through.

thanks

Sturdy

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Guru

Guru Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(16.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello and welcome :)

I'm not sure it can be completely lump free as there are actual oats in it. I quite like the lumps - gives me something to chew!

I guess you could use one of those hand held blender things?

4. merriefach

merriefach peeling off the layers

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(8.61%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Hi there, I find if I mix it as directed but I dont put it in the microwave I put in a thermos that has been warmed with boiling water and leave it for 1/2 hr will I shower etc. Turns out sim to porridge.

Good luck on the journey

5. sasha63

sasha63 I ♥ CD !!

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    meal replacement
    welcome l restarted cd on monday sorry l haven't had porridge so l cant help but good luck with your weighloss, and lm sure someone will help with porridge problem :)

6. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    Merriefach, only problem there is you're meant to consume within 15 minutes. After that the nutrients in the shakes, soups and porridges start to break down.

Welcome and good luck!! Use a blender or hand blender, should help a bit but as Guru said, it will have the lumps of oats still.

7. charlotte_k

charlotte_k Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.2%)
    Diet:
    very low calorie diet
    hi and welcome! i use a hand blender and it really helps. i use just under 200mls of boiling water and blend for about a minute, microwave for a minute then let it rest for a minute then stir. it is quite thick but very creamy! i have one every morning, i love it! x x

8. Sunshine Singer

Sunshine Singer Dropped White Sugar & Feeling Fantastic

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.87%)
    Diet:
    No white sugar
    Hi and welcome. There seems to be a million ways to make the porridge :) as we found out the other day on a different thread. So I'll leave you to find out the best way for you.

Just wanted to say good luck, it's a fab diet. Take one day at a time and you'll be fine xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.