Newbie!

xsarahx

Gold Member
Hi!

I am on my second day and so far, so good!

Just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get some good "buddies" to help support, and who I can support too!

I am 22, a student at college 3 days a week and off to uni in September. I live at home, but will be doing my own cooking to make things easier for myself.

I go out quite a lot - I think the nights out will be quite hard as if I drink then I will drink quite a bit!

I have a lot to lose, but will be making small targets to keep me on track!

If there is anyone similar, or anyone unsimilar(!), who wants to support me, and let me support them, then that would be great!

Sarah x

Hi Sarah! I am very new to here too (ie, today!) but welcome from me!

We are similar ages (I'm 25) and similar weights (I'm 17st 13lbs) and I think our goal weights are similar (mine is a bit smaller as I'm smaller height wise).

In terms of going out - I don't do it as much as I used too (other reasons rather than diet) but when I do go out, I tend to stick to low-cal drinks like gin and slimline tonic - another good one is vodka and diet coke. Beer, wine and alcopops are the worse calorie wise if you are counting.

What are you going to study at University?

xxx

Wow, well done on your weight loss so far!

I can't wait to see how much I have lost in my first week - such a good motivator! But, I am waiting until then as I know that weighing yourself every day is not good!

I am going to study primary teaching, I can't wait. But I know that uni is going to be hard food/drink wise and want to make sure I am on a good track by then.

What diet are you doing?

I'm doing Weight Watchers - am open minded to other plans but at the moment WW works for me.

Primary teaching - one of my friends did that and absolutely loved it; good luck with it. Dieting and University doesn't usually go hand in hand but I definitely think it's managable! A friend of mine lost over 100lbs with WW whilst at Uni, so it can be done! :) xxx

Back