Newbie!

Bobbie J

Hi everyone,

Am new to posting so please tell me if I'm doin it wrong! Started LT 12 days ago although have been looking at this site for about 3 weeks, the stories an loses I've read about have really spurned me on, honestly don't think would have lasted without them! (Samonamission is a genius!)

Had a few crisis of confidence (only 11days in I know!) and strangely my first week was a breeze but this week has really tested my commitment. Lost 13lb so far though which is so motivating! Although can't watch cooking programmes or food adverts! Ridiculous I know! Would like to ask some help on a couple of points though! The biggest obsticle I have us thinking of how long I need to do this before getting to my target weight! It's like thinking how big the universe is!lol! Just can't get my head around it! Also wondered if the flapjaks an soup are as bad as I've read? Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome Bobby :)

First of all congratulations on the 13lb loss so far ... thats amazing, Yay you!!

I am on day 6, but by no means a newbie to the diet ... but got my head in it this time and so determined to succeed.

I personally don't like the flapjacks (i don't even know how they have the cheek to call them flapjacks so misleading lol) but i say try them for yourself as everyone is different.

As for how much you'll lose, well everybody is different and lose at different rates but i do know if you stick to 100% it works. But i would say set mini goals throughout your journey .. like getting to a stone at a time or getting in to a top thats too small right now .. these mini goals provide an incentive and focus you.

Also reward yourself (there is a reward thread in the main forum at the moment and you'll see what kind of rewards the guys on here are working for).

Keep going .. you've proven to yourself you can do it by doing 12 days so why stop now :)

Hope this helps a bit xx

Hi Bobbie!!

Well done on your loss so far; I think what you have lost so far speaks for itself - eh! They say the average is a stone a month, but I reckon it all depends on how much you have to lose at the beginning; but from my experience it has panned out to roughly a stone a month.

Regarding the soup; well, not many like them, but I am one that does, but I make it with around 500ml of water, which also helps with the water intake, and I blitz it in a blender and then zap in micro for 30sec....It just helps now and again when I am feeling cold, as the shakes leave me freezing, even in this weather. Ask your pharmacy to give you one to try..not all will, but mine did.

Well, flapjacks, or whatever they are!! Not from this planet anyway.....they are an acquired taste!! I hated them first time I tried,,then a was on LT for a good 3 months and tried again, thinking my taste buds had changed...well, took me over an hour I think to eat a third before I gave in! I cant stomach them, but I do know others love them.......well,not many, but I have known of a few that just had flapjacks! Again, you have to try them, but be warned :)

You say you are in your 3rd week; again from experience and from being on the forum for a long time, this is the hard week..the euphoria of losing a lot all at once has gone, as it starts to kinda slow down to say 3-5lbs on average a week, as opposed to say 7-14+ in your first week or so...so, I think in your mind you cant see it lasting....but, try and stay strong, because if you can get through that barrier, it does get easier, in fact, it just becomes a way of life!!!

I was the opposite regarding food programmes, etc...I couldnt watch enough of them :) I cook more when on LT as well as it isnt temping to eat anything!! strange!!

Keep going and you will see the results that change the rest of your life.

I have come back on LT; on my first week, as I put on over a stone, so need to bite the bullet! But, I just love the freedom of the shakes and not having to think what to eat is lovely, although I still cook for my hubby.

By the way, I am originally from Glasgow...left 18 yrs ago to come and live down in the High Peak!!

Have a great weekend...sorry so waffly, never was one for being brief!

Take care

Hey Bobbie,
As the others say, with weight loss everyone is different, but you can see from my signature, that i lost 13lb week one, and have had some good weight losses since. 7 weeks in and i'm lost over 3 stone. I swear by exercise. and i don't mean killing yourself at the gym!!! I make sure me and the dog get out of the house every night for one-two hours, and double that on a weekend. Its gentle exercise that i know is acheivable to keep up once i finish this diet.

I don't personally like the soup. My husband does, but after one week of it he stopped having them because making it up with hot water was "too hard" lol
i am one of the few that LOVES peanut flapjacks, but I loath the cocnut. Best bet is see if your pharmacist will give you some samples??

Again, i LOVE watching cooking programmes, and have even started collecting recipies that i want to try once we refeed!!!

I do totally know what you mean about thinking and thinking about timing!! How big is the universe!! I'm exactly the same, i spent about 3 days after every weigh-in trying to work out how that would be achievable again the following week, and how long till goal etc etc!! Just relax.....what will be will be!! and it will be a damn sight quicker tha a conventional diet lol

Good luck
KT x

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies and advice! Nice to know there's a fellow weigie Scotmist(even though you've gone to the dark side)Lol!Anyhoo, just back from the pharmacy an had my official WI (been using my scales at home so far) and it's exactly as I thought thank god! Would have been gutted if it was less!So that's 13 days in an 13lbs! Very Pleased! My pharmacy is bloody miles away so only go every 2wks! Took a risk an got some flapjaks and chicken soup hopefully will go down well! Love the vanilla shakes an read that lots of people really don't like them, make them with coffee an ice (great tip from Mini) and I swear they taste as good as the frapacinos I used to get from starbucks (alot cheaper too)!Think I just need a bit more variety so fingers crossed!...Although even my pharmacist said the flapjaks taste like cardboard!

Gonna set a mini goal of 2 stone I think(need to lose about 4) - would update my profile but my laptops in the blink so it's
iPhone all the way, hopefully laptop working again Monday an i'll
do it then!(Sorry, I'm the one waffling now!Nothing wong with a good waffle...not the edible kind mind!) Will let you know how I get on!

Monkey30, you hit the nail on the head - thinking of how long it would take on a conventional diet I know I would never do it!in the grand scheme of things 3-4 months isn't that bad!How long are you guys planning to do it for if you don't mind me asking?

Good luck to everyone on their continued losses!x

hi Bobbie, congrats on the 13lb, that would have taken you probably 2 months on a conventional diet!!
I'm only doing tfr for another two weeks, then starting refeed. I won't be at my goal weight but decided to do this because i will be away for two weeks in may with hotel food for work, and also its my OH 30th birthday.
Also, i think if i still have to achieve 10-14lb of weight loss i will think twice about over eating and making the wrong choices.
fingers crossed anyway!!
Good luck with your journey, let us know how you get on, and what you think about the peanut bars and soup!! I only eat strawberry and peanut, so i have 5 bars during the week and 16 strawberry shakes!!! Boring I know, but i view them as my fuel, not my food!!
KT x

Hi Bobbie!!
Us Scots get everywhere :)!!!!!

Well done on the 13lbs loss and good to know your scales were the same as your pharmacy!

Good luck withe the flapjacks! hehehehe..

I am not sure how long I will be on TFR for...in my mind I reckon 4 weeks but it really depends how I do on my first WI on Thursday. I am a restarter!!! I started on Tuesday, but my WI was Thursday. I will stay on as long as need to, but will be sensible too.

Again, have a great week, and true about getting out and doing exercise..I grow my own fruit and veg and have been out all day, either digging, planting and generally just being occupied. I also go to the gym/health club regularly; it really helps!

Take care

Coconut abominations!

Well have now tried the soup an flapjaks an whoever made those coconut abominations should be shot! Someone at LT HQ has a sick sense of humour - the peanut ones I could live with and it's nice to get your teeth into something. The soup was...well it was hot an vaguely chicken flavoured so all things considered could have been alot worse...really hope and pray the green bits in it were herbs!

Weighed myself again this morning an down another 2lbs - have noticed I tend to stagnate then all of a sudden see loss of couple pounds overnight. Not complianing mind! Had a rifle through my wardrobe an can fit into clothes I havnt been able to wear for a year so that's fantastic, not allowing myself to go shopping until
Ive finnished with LT.

Good suggestion about treating yourself, think I'll get my nails done now that I've lost a stone!Feeling much better about
sticking with the diet, have to admit my friends have been really suportive (they introduced me to it an did it before me-kept putting off doing it as I never thought I'd manage it) and even people at work have been great - I've been telling the world, even taxi drivers!In a way it's another incentive because so many people know now I really don't want to fail! Not really done many diets before, my weight prolems are due to portion control. I eat healthy food (think I've had one takeaway in five years) and I cook everything from scratch, I don't even have a microwave,
the problem i have is my portions are enough for a grown man (an a big man at that) and at 5"4 that's seriously bad!

I think that even two weeks on LT has made me think so much more about portion control and to stop eating when your full not when your fit to bust!(Even been craving salads an you can't tell me that's right after two weeks with no proper food!) planning to start having a pint of water before every meal when I come off LT - realise now wasn't drinking nearly enough water before and it's a good way to stop yourself overeating. Havnt been hungry once on LT and that I think speaks volumes about how much I was eating compared to how much I needed to eat!

Anyhoo, got a bit carried away there! Again thank you for your messages and advice! Looking forward to next week and continued losses and good luck to everyone with theirs!x

Hello Bobbie (spelt it right this time lol)

Good to know you have tried the bars and soup as you now know what you do and don't like now, it'll make the diet have at least a bit of variety with you not minding the peanut bar.

Can i ask do you weigh yourself at home on a regular basis?

You reward the stone loss with getting your nails done .. great reward for yourself :)

I agree fully about not realising about how much you ate, portion sizes and lack of water before LT. Really does get you thinking and i believe i'll have a better relationship with food once i begin eating again and defo will keep the water intake up.

Good luck to you too x :)

Hi Katie85,

Yeah, weight myself every morning before jumping in the shower, I find it really helps me keep track an keeps me motivated to see it come off! I know people say you shouldn't do this (and I didn't own a set of scales till bout 4 weeks ago) but each to their own. Think everyone has different ways of coping/keeping motivated with such a drastic change of lifestyle!
How's it been going back on LT? My two closest friends have done LT a couple of times now and still had really good losses.Do you mind me asking howU much you plan to lose?

Hello Bobbie

Last time i did the lipotrim i got obsessed with the scales and drove myself crazy ..
they weren't a help at all .... so this time i threw them out before restart. But as you say each to their own and if it keeps you motivated then fair enough :)

I'm feeling really good to be back on LT. This is the first time where my head and heart have been fully committed to LT, the other few times i did it i was forcing myself and just didn't have the right frame of mind, hence why i never got near to goal.

I have 100lbs to lose .. on day 7 and have a weigh in tomorrow ... but taking it lb by lb and this time going to contribute to this forum rather than just read it ... its been such a help this week. All the guys/gals seem a great bunch :)

How are you feeling now? i know you was finding the second week harder than the first xx

Hi Katie85,

Just read your first weigh in, 8lb loss is fantastic - you'll be close to a stone gone by this time next week I'm sure! It's the best motivation there is!

Feeling better about staying on the LT although to be honest still a bit daunted about how long I need to do this for (it's really been my biggest struggle) but once I've given myself a good talking to and remembered all the good advice I've already had from members of the forum it reminds me if the great oppertunity I've got. The results I've had so far have already made me feel much better about myself. I was like you in terms of really trying to be in the right frame of mind before starting - my friends tried to convince me to do this with them last year but I just knew I wasn't ready for it then (and I was the one with the most to lose). So all in all I'm glad I've waited. Your absolutely right though, if your not in the right frame of mind before you start your just setting yourself up to fail. Looking forward to see how much you've lost this time next week! Good luck!x

Hello Bobbie :)

Thank you very much .. it was a hard week but well worth it to have the feeling of 8lbs off.

You are doing so well ... just try not to look to far ahead just try and set those mini goals and take it a stone at a time. I have around 100lbs to lose and decided taking a stone at a time was better .. less pressure that way.

Just keep the happy and positive mind frame and remember we're all in this together .. we can do it!!! :)

Good Luck to you too xx

Hey girls, i previously lost 136lb, took 7 months.
Every week seeing that goal get nearer and nearer was all the motivation needed. Katie is right though Bobbie, don't focus on how much you WANT to lose, focus on how much you HAVE lost.
Good luck KTx

Hi Guys,

Monkey30, your previous loss is amazing, you must be one determined lady! You've done it once so you can do it again!

Finally gotten my head round how long I need to do this for - its ony taken me two weeks! And the advice I've had here has really helped me.

I have to admit when I think about the reasons for doing LT vanity plays a big part. I'm a vain creature although this has become less apparent the more weight I've gained - dressing to cover up rather than to look good really takes the fun out of it. But there are so many other ways it affects you as we all know. There are so many consequences, one of which I know I've overlooked for some time is how it affects relationships - turning down a night out with friends (and boys) because you feel fat and unattractive. They dont know thats whats going on in your head so do they think you just dont want to see them? or cant be bothered. Not to mention how weight gain affects confidence and self-esteem which will have a knock-on effect to every aspect of your life and how you relate to people.

But I have to say the biggest motivator for me at the moment was finding out my weight in January - hadnt weighed myself for about 2yrs I think. When my dad was 39 he had a heart attack. He was 6ft tall and weighed 14 stone so by no means overweight for his height. He was also a runner so was a fit guy. So two weeks ago I was 1lb off his weight and 5ft 4. So thinking I already take after him in weight so if I take after him in health then Ive got 9 years before a heart attack! Thats bloody terrifying!

The fast weight loss you can achieve on LT was really the only reason for me to do it but I have been amazed at the other benefits. For the last two years Ive been feeling that the weight was affecting my health - not only getting me down - but was extremely lethargic, not sleeping well and really low energy levels. I know this affected my work and personal life as much as I dont like to admit it.

Since doing LT the feelings of lethargy have completely gone, sleeping much, much better, skin is clearer and feeling much more positive whether its down to the weight loss alone really dont know (hope I'm not that shallow but hey!)

The point I wanted to make (and I know I'm taking my time to get there) is that I'm really glad to be on LT. Its great oppertunity. Its taken me a long time to put the weight on and if it takes me 3 or 4 months to lose it thats really not that long in the grand scheme of things.

Phew...got a bit carried away there! Really wanted to say thanks for the advice and help I've had from everyone. It makes such a difference and it really helps to get you in the right frame of mind which is half the battle!x

Hey girls, i previously lost 136lb, took 7 months.
Every week seeing that goal get nearer and nearer was all the motivation needed. Katie is right though Bobbie, don't focus on how much you WANT to lose, focus on how much you HAVE lost.
Good luck KTx

Wow what an amazing loss you had monkey ... :)

Good luck to you too x

Hi Guys,

Monkey30, your previous loss is amazing, you must be one determined lady! You've done it once so you can do it again!

Finally gotten my head round how long I need to do this for - its ony taken me two weeks! And the advice I've had here has really helped me.

I have to admit when I think about the reasons for doing LT vanity plays a big part. I'm a vain creature although this has become less apparent the more weight I've gained - dressing to cover up rather than to look good really takes the fun out of it. But there are so many other ways it affects you as we all know. There are so many consequences, one of which I know I've overlooked for some time is how it affects relationships - turning down a night out with friends (and boys) because you feel fat and unattractive. They dont know thats whats going on in your head so do they think you just dont want to see them? or cant be bothered. Not to mention how weight gain affects confidence and self-esteem which will have a knock-on effect to every aspect of your life and how you relate to people.

But I have to say the biggest motivator for me at the moment was finding out my weight in January - hadnt weighed myself for about 2yrs I think. When my dad was 39 he had a heart attack. He was 6ft tall and weighed 14 stone so by no means overweight for his height. He was also a runner so was a fit guy. So two weeks ago I was 1lb off his weight and 5ft 4. So thinking I already take after him in weight so if I take after him in health then Ive got 9 years before a heart attack! Thats bloody terrifying!

The fast weight loss you can achieve on LT was really the only reason for me to do it but I have been amazed at the other benefits. For the last two years Ive been feeling that the weight was affecting my health - not only getting me down - but was extremely lethargic, not sleeping well and really low energy levels. I know this affected my work and personal life as much as I dont like to admit it.

Since doing LT the feelings of lethargy have completely gone, sleeping much, much better, skin is clearer and feeling much more positive whether its down to the weight loss alone really dont know (hope I'm not that shallow but hey!)

The point I wanted to make (and I know I'm taking my time to get there) is that I'm really glad to be on LT. Its great oppertunity. Its taken me a long time to put the weight on and if it takes me 3 or 4 months to lose it thats really not that long in the grand scheme of things.

Phew...got a bit carried away there! Really wanted to say thanks for the advice and help I've had from everyone. It makes such a difference and it really helps to get you in the right frame of mind which is half the battle!x

I am glad you have found the right frame of mind, that in itself is one the most important thing as it increases the chances of succeeding on this diet ... now you have to keep that mind frame, keep yourself motivated :)

But if you are happy to be on LT and that you feel its the right thing to do then we have motivation right there.

And i think the weight loss will be responsible for the better sleeping, clearer skin etc that you are experiencing as i too after only 10 days am experiecing a difference too ... so there is some more positives than just seeing a visible difference. Its amazing just how being overweight affects a persons body and mind isn't it.

Keep up the thinking about all the positives, watch your confidence grow with each stone you lose and stay motivated Bobbie ... you can do it x

Hi All

Im new to the lipotrim diet or any diet so im finding this a bit tough. Im 15s 8ib and im hoping to lose 3 stone in the next 6-8 weeks. I have just completed day 5 of the TFR and it has been a real struggle so far and its only my own stubborness that is dragging me through. I feel weak, tired and very hungry and i hoping that this is going to get a bit easier as the days go on. Im not quite sure if the hunger that im feeling is genuine or if the most of it is in my head but its feels very real. It this normal for day 5-6?

Reading some of the success stories and failures on this forum have helped keep me on the straight and narrow, but this is the first time that i have seriously considered quitting, hence im finally posting on the forum. What can i expect in the days ahead???:sigh:

Hi NI (great username!),

You've shown that by stcking to it for 6 days you can do it! I'm like you in that never really dieted that much before but I'm really stubborn - also I've told everyone who'll listen that i'm on LT so now I can't quit or everyone will know I failled and I'm not having that! Found first 3 days unpleasant until I got into ketosis, also really struggled over the weekend -probably because i don't really have a weekend routine and that's when I used to eat the most! This seems to have passed now thank goodness. Have to say the biggested benefit (apart from the weightloss) is that my energy levels really increased a couple of days into wk 2, I can't urge you enough though to stick with it, I honestly feel 100 times better than I did before I started LT. It's a great oppertunity. I don't know about you but I've wanted to lose
weight for a long time now and to think that I can achieve this in the next couple of months (and hopefully still have some summer left to enjoy it) is such an exciting prospect! It helped me to think how long it would take to get to your target on a conventional diet - personally I know I wouldn't last - a can stand a couple of months toughing it out but a year, 2years? no way! Is your first WI tomorrow because if it is you should see a big difference an hopefully that will help you get through the worst of it! Hope this helps. Good luck and let us know how you get on.x

Thanks Bobby, had a bit of a wobbly last night, couldn't sleep and found myself standing in front of the fridge at 4 AM :banghead: but i managed to fight the urge and resist.
I was told yesterday that you could eat certain foods and still be in ketosis and i think the brunt of my problems came from this statement as i feel this logic give you an excuse to nibble. Having built yourself up to go on a diet that consists of "total food replacement" and being told on the video, pamphlets, pharmacist etc that you must be strict or you body will fall out of ketosis, to hearing that you can eat some foods definitely knocked me a bit.

However this forum did help me last night and although ive had to take the day of work because i was staring into the fridge like a mad man a 4 AM this morning and im wrecked, i feel a lot better today. Instead of having disturbing dreams about chicken sandwiches :flirt2: im thinking about positive things like my first 'weigh in' on Saturday, enjoying the chance to wear the new wardrobe that my fiance has bought me for the summer and my wedding in less than 4 months:wave_cry:. I would be very disappointed if i didnt reach my goals for the summer.

I was taking my first shake in the mornings at 7 AM before i left for the train and my second at 5-6. Is this to much of a gap between shakes???

Thanks for you reply and goodluck

Back