Chocolatekitten

Hi there,
I've just found this app and I'm looking forward to getting some much needed help and tips from you ladies. Ive just rejoined slimming world, as i gave up on my self the first time I joined. I need to loose about 8 stone to be in healthy situation to start a family. Which seems like a massive hill to climb.
xChocolatekittenx

Hi I'm sure you will do fab hun, I'm new to this site too and I also do Slimming World. I had 8 (ish, probably more) stones to lose but I'm nearly 3 down now! I'm really loving the change, finally having the confidence to do things!!
ellie x

Did you find it difficult to re-program your mind set? Only the first week I managed to put on half a pound. I was so upset when I got home I cried as I'd tried hard the week before, and I felt I'd failed.

Did you find it difficult to re-program your mind set? Only the first week I managed to put on half a pound. I was so upset when I got home I cried as I'd tried hard the week before, and I felt I'd failed.

I think the hardest thing to overcome for me is the fact that it's going to take a long time to come off, and you probably will have gains along the way. The Other diets I'd tried where I was practically starving the weight did drop off and I was expecting the same with SW but it doesn't, I've had to reprogram the way I think to set myself shorter term goals (I.e in 1 stone I start horse riding again!). But it's not necessarily a bad thing, I feel healthier, happier, full of energy and therefore a bit fitter because I'm actually eating!
With regards to your gain, you havent failed because you're doing something positive! You would only fail by giving up. Have you exercised a lot this week as you may be retaining water? I would start afresh this week, maybe do a food diary to take into your consultant or do one on here? I was surprised how many
things I thought were free or low syns weren't! Do you have the
food directory to check syn values?
Ellie x

Hi Chocolatekitten, I am new also, good luck with the weight loss...xx

Hi, i am another newbie. Welcome and good luck! I will be following the old weight watchers points plan. xxx

Back