Just got home and my husband has apple pies spread out all over the worktop! Had a lot of apples from garden so used them up, which makes sense but then left them out :eek: to cool and do they smell good!?!
Now being put in the freezer out of harms way!
Re: hot chocolate, I'm having the chocolate sachets hot mid evening, works for me!
Not finding it too bad during the day it's 5-ish to 9pm that I'm finding difficult. Day 4 tomorrow so hoping ketosis will kick in and make things a little easier. However, jumping on the scales each day and seeing them move is keeping me with it....I'm sure I should wait til the weekly weigh-in but seeing the weight steadily go is keeping me on track.......don't think I'd last all week without some idea that it is really working.

hi aderyns nanny,,im going to try the vanilla hot tonight ,,i think i read somewhere that you can add coffee,,im on the scales everyday aswell (not a good thing really i dont suppose ) but like you i need to no that some weight is coming off,,i'm really glad this forum is here as every spare minute i get i'm on here looking at old posts and stuff,,anyway good luck ,,when do you have your 1st weigh in? mine is tuesday morning

Just got home and my husband has apple pies spread out all over the worktop! Had a lot of apples from garden so used them up, which makes sense but then left them out :eek: to cool and do they smell good!?!
Now being put in the freezer out of harms way!
Re: hot chocolate, I'm having the chocolate sachets hot mid evening, works for me!
Not finding it too bad during the day it's 5-ish to 9pm that I'm finding difficult. Day 4 tomorrow so hoping ketosis will kick in and make things a little easier. However, jumping on the scales each day and seeing them move is keeping me with it....I'm sure I should wait til the weekly weigh-in but seeing the weight steadily go is keeping me on track.......don't think I'd last all week without some idea that it is really working.

Nooooooooooooooo at the apple pies, doh, what a thing to happen :cry:
I found evenings really hard to begin with - I think for most of us evening was always time to snack/graze/get munchies! So when that is taken away it can be a shock to the system! I found I had rather a lot of early nights the first couple of weeks!!

hi aderyns nanny,,im going to try the vanilla hot tonight ,,i think i read somewhere that you can add coffee,,im on the scales everyday aswell (not a good thing really i dont suppose ) but like you i need to no that some weight is coming off,,i'm really glad this forum is here as every spare minute i get i'm on here looking at old posts and stuff,,anyway good luck ,,when do you have your 1st weigh in? mine is tuesday morning

Evening Hellie! The vanilla is good with some coffee - and heres a tip for those who like me cant stand to drink black coffee - take a teaspoonful of vanilla shake, mix it wit ha littel cold water and use that in your coffee in place of milk. Works a treat! :coffee:

thanx for that ducatidiva,,i'll try that ,,any more suggestions anyone ? im feeling really tired today and had the trots ,,is that normal on lipotrim?

Hi Hellie,
my weigh-in is Monday morning 8am:eek: bit early, but means I can get weighed b4 I go to work. Going to try something else instead of soup for tea tomorrow as I'm feeling pretty hungry between now and 9-ish when i have a hot shake. Might just be the time if day but will have a shake instead tomorrow and see what happens..........although the magic day 4 for us 2moro.....hopefully we'll go into ketosis and all should get easier.:party0019:

NP Hellie :) The first week on a VLCD can be pretty rough, I'm not going to lie and say its all plain sailing. Some poeple get the runs, some people get constipated, bad headaches (carb withdrawal), flu-like symptoms, etc, etc. Your body is having to get used to a totally dfferent form of nourishment, so it might kick up a bit of a fuss! Just hang on in there, keep on drinking the water (thats gets easier too!) and once the first week is past you will find you feel *so* much better.

Evening Hellie! The vanilla is good with some coffee - and heres a tip for those who like me cant stand to drink black coffee - take a teaspoonful of vanilla shake, mix it wit ha littel cold water and use that in your coffee in place of milk. Works a treat! :coffee:

Sounds like a great plan as I can't stand tea so all I'm having to drink is water or black coffee which ain't great. How do you get the extra sachets though, as I have been given exactly the right number to get mr through to next Monday morning. (or do you take it from one you're using that day?)

Yeah just take out a teaspoon for each cup of tea/coffee or so and use the rest as your shake for the time of day. I for some reason always had the odd shake left over each week for some reason. Must have been being bad!! Not like me coz im an angel!! :)

Not too bad Elle actually. I am now 13st 13lbs according to the machine in our local swimming pool. That was last night so I havent lost my full weeks weight yet so hopefully there will be a bit more to loose yet. Went to the gym last night but only for about half an hour. I did the running machine (only ran for about 5 mins), crosstrainer, rowing machine, stepper and the bikes. I def had a red face and a sweat on but I didnt feel too bad after. I think I will join and see what happens!!

Hi all,
God do I feel rough today. Managed to get through til nearly 12 o'clock before having my first shake and felt great but suddenly RAVENOUS by 2.30pm. Feeling rough, headachey, tired and fed up! Want this to work as have tried WW and SW this year each time losing only 2lbs on each over 6 and eight weeks and stuck to it religiously. Glad I'm off work this week, don't honestly think I'd still be doing this if I was racing around after patients all day. Does it really get easier? First really low time for me.......very high risk of eating something I shouldn't. Going to go to bed now for an hours kip in the hope that it will pass but if not I may just have to try what my very kind GP said......... just cut what you eat in half and if that doesn't work, cut it in half again...........very skinny man, with no idea what it's like when you just cannot seem to lose weight. He has many thoughts and mannerisms in common with TVs lovely 'Doc Martin'! lol :cry:

Maybe you are feeling awful beacuse you are leaving your first shake so late in the day. Try having it at breakfast, lunch and dinner and if you feel hungry in between these times drink water which will calm your pangs. Thats what I did and I felt fine apart from being hungry a few times during the first week or so.

hiya .i was a bit headachy yesterday but took a couple of paracetamols and was fine,,i dont have my 1st shake until about 11ish then a 3 - 4 ish then my last one (hot vanilla with coffee) about 8 ,,my problem is after that ,,i go to bed with water sloshing round me lol,ive not been really hungry and find cooking for eveyone else is not a problem,,i just cant wait for the weigh in on tuesday morning ,,ive weighed me on my scales and lost about 5lbs,,good luck to eveyone

Hi all,
God do I feel rough today. Managed to get through til nearly 12 o'clock before having my first shake and felt great but suddenly RAVENOUS by 2.30pm. Feeling rough, headachey, tired and fed up! Want this to work as have tried WW and SW this year each time losing only 2lbs on each over 6 and eight weeks and stuck to it religiously. Glad I'm off work this week, don't honestly think I'd still be doing this if I was racing around after patients all day. Does it really get easier? First really low time for me.......very high risk of eating something I shouldn't. Going to go to bed now for an hours kip in the hope that it will pass but if not I may just have to try what my very kind GP said......... just cut what you eat in half and if that doesn't work, cut it in half again...........very skinny man, with no idea what it's like when you just cannot seem to lose weight. He has many thoughts and mannerisms in common with TVs lovely 'Doc Martin'! lol :cry:

Hey, you really *are* going to feel rough the first week - it happens... but it WILL STOP! I nearly gave up on days 4 and 5, my poor dad was the only person around for me to whinge at, and oh boy did I whinge? It was HELL HELL HELL! But... oh my goodness, if I had given up, I would still be 3 stone heavier, and extremely depressed, and might not have got back together with my fella. It was SO worth persevering.
If you are really seriously about this weightloss, and it sounds like you are, then you must stick with it and get through this first week. If you dont, you're going to be very angry with yourself and thats another diet scuppered...
Going to bed is a great idea - do whatever you need to do in order to distract yourself. And I mean *anything* :D

Back