Newbie!

StaceyUK

Gold Member
Hello all! I'm a new JUDDDer! In that past I've done LL and CD but I can't face them at the moment! I need a bit more flexibility!

I'm 32 and recently had a baby who is now 5 months old and put on a whopping 5st in my pregnancy! I've always been overweight (in the 18st range) but with LL and CD managed to get down to an unheard of 10st and maintained around 11st. My aim is to get back to that.

Starting weight on JUDDD - 16st 10lb.

I'll let you know how weigh in goes on Monday! Thanks for all the DD tips. I find it helps to eat as late in the day as poss. So far so good but I'm not calculating my UD cals (I will if my weight loss is slow or plateauing).

I no speaker the language - what is JUDDD?
It's the 'Johnson's Up Day Down Day Diet' :)

Basically, you do a very low cal day (500 cals - ish) followed by one where you don't count cals at all - you just eat what you want (within reason!)

Good luck Stacey! Keep us posted on your progress.

Hi Stacey, welcome to the JUDDD forum. I've been doing this for a while now and am gradually transferring to JUDDD maintenance, it is a great diet which is very flexible. You are right about starting eating late in the day on DDs, and not going crazy on UDs, that should give you good losses.

Weigh in today - 16st 9lb
Loss - 2lb

A little disappointed but it's to be expected. I had a heavy drinking session on my UD on Sat and although I was good on my DD yesterday (very hard with a hangover, I might add!) I think that's what caused my slow loss this week.

Sticking to it for another week to see how I get on! I'm happy with 2lb a week (it's better than what I was getting before!) although a nice 3lb loss next week would be most welcome! Oh, and one of my DD I had about 900 cals rather than the 550 I've been trying to stick to so that might have had something to do with only losing 2lb as well!

2lbs sounds good to me, but then I lose slowly. It is hard to be totally accurate on the calories, that is why they recommend using meal replacements to start with, I never did though because I prefer real food. If you find you aren't losing as well as you'd hoped then try keeping a tally of calories on your UDs just to see what you are really doing. Sometimes it can be a shock.

Back